Online Time Trial question...

• Thread starter Fel
  • 6 comments

Fel

Canada
Canada
Hi everyone! Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere, but I'm having a hard time finding any information on this at all....

So the Online Time Trial mode is all well and good... but I'm wondering if there is somewhere you can go to view your times/friends times after the event rotates?

For example, the Time Trial just flipped and is now the Ford SVT/Mazda Gr3... but am I able to view the results of the Time Trial that ended yesterday anywhere? Am I able to see how I compared with my friends afterwards?

I'm also approaching this from a League perspective... I help run a small league, and we were going to introduce something like Time Trial for our guys... but there's no easy way to compare PSN Friend times on the single-player Time Tial mode (that I'm aware of). So instead, why not leverage the existing online mode? Except if I can't actually view any of the results after the event ends, it's sort of a waste. I would need to implement a slightly earlier cutoff so I can actually see the times put up by my friends...

If anyone knows how to see previous event info - or if you have any alternative ideas for running a Time Trial competition with other PSN users - I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance! Love this forum. Cheers

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to see previous results.

While we're on the topic of leagues, and time trials, you guys are more than welcome to join us in this, if it takes your fancy.

Spreadsheet will be made publicly viewable, later today.

@El_Beardo - That's a nice idea, thank you for the invite. I'm sure there are a few that might be interested. We're a smallish group, pretty new league, but we're trying to adapt.

@koshmare - That is *almost* perfect actually! If only there was a way to filter for PSN Friends (which I can fully understand it lacking). If there are 8 participants, it wouldn't be hard at all to track them down. If there are 50, that's a lot of work, haha. But it's better than nothing!

Fel
@El_Beardo - That's a nice idea, thank you for the invite. I'm sure there are a few that might be interested. We're a smallish group, pretty new league, but we're trying to adapt.

@koshmare - That is *almost* perfect actually! If only there was a way to filter for PSN Friends (which I can fully understand it lacking). If there are 8 participants, it wouldn't be hard at all to track them down. If there are 50, that's a lot of work, haha. But it's better than nothing!

Feel free to let your guys know about it. The more the merrier.

@koshmare, those links will come in very handy.

Last edited:
@Fel you can take screenshot on the last day of time trial in game for example (Ranking board -> Friend ranking)

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping to do... just need to make sure I get that screenshot at the last minute and not too late, haha. I'm likely going to set a 12hr cutoff before the actual event ends to capture this info. Unless I can find a better way. I have ideas.

Sometimes I wish there were just a few more tools in this game to help enable communities like this. I'm all for racing with strangers online, but I'm WAY more interested in racing with friends or others I know online.... the game just doesn't seem to facilitate that too much. Ah well, not the end of the world!

Back