ONLINE TROLLS/SLAMMERS

• Thread starter DatDudePS4
  • 17 comments
Well, yeah. Its the same sad story for all of us, unfortunately. The other day I had a dude named bigkyle12 in one of my races who thugged me off the Donington back straight for no reason, then hit me from behind without breaking. I snapped and ran right into his back for revenge, the outcome was that he did the same to me again on the last lap and then again both in qualifying and the race in another lobby.

Its a shame that there is absolutely nothing you can do about such trolling idiots. And the signs from SMS are not really positive, dont think we will get some banning tools any time soon.

Best way to avoid is private lobby only. If you are hit, it's always by accident and you typically will get an apology. I joined a public lobby for one lap yesterday and couldn't even make it a lap without getting slammed. I would rather race with 3 clean racers than 16 people, going for it on every corner with zero care about anyone else's race.

All this nonsense reinforces my decision to stay as far away from online racing as humanly possible. Offline SP is where it's at for me with racing titles.
If I want online combat I have Battlefirld 4, I don't want open warfare in a racing game, it totally ruins the experience.
I used to feel the same way until I found a group of clean racers on GTplanet. My suggestion is to do the same and give it a try in a private lobby. I have had more fun online than I ever thought I would. You learn a lot from everyone you race with. Give it a try, friend me on PS4, I have a good network of racers. I too didn't know anyone online, I also didn't get the online aspect of Pcars, but I now only race online and practice online. My PSN is my tag on GTplanet.

Private lobbies with friends...fill the rest with AI (which can be aggravating on occasion, but nowhere near as awful as losers like that video). I suppose the other option is to look around for a league of some sort to join, where they host larger private races and peoples behavior is taken into consideration.

This sad state of affairs is entirely the fault of SMS. They bulit the online multiplayer & chose not to include essential options such as; host can kick players, those on hosts PSN block list can't enter their lobbies, text chat in lobby, & being able to name rooms. Without those basic no-brainer common sense options, it's just not possible to enforce clean racing. I assumed that with the input of WMD, these options would've been in there. It's truely mind boggling that SMS didn't think these a priority for launch. This is the reason that I haven't bought PS Plus or ventured online.

The good news is that Ian Bell has asked for the many online features we want to be put on his secret to do list, so we should start seeing some of them in the near future, hopefully. Only if we get all of the above 4 options will I ever feel it's worth paying to go online. The sad part for me is that I'm an online only racer in Gran Turismo, spent 90% of my time racing online & hosting lobbies. I was hoping to carry on doing that in Project CARS, but am unable to due to the ill concieved & threadbare multiplayer.

All this nonsense reinforces my decision to stay as far away from online racing as humanly possible. Offline SP is where it's at for me with racing titles.
If I want online combat I have Battlefirld 4, I don't want open warfare in a racing game, it totally ruins the experience.

Join a serie like mine or skaankypuppy's and you'll find Amazing racers and friends to race and train with along the week...

Random rooms are so bad yet organized Racing is really really Amazing!

Couldn't agree more with the posts above. I only ever play online now. Everyone I play online is from here (all my friends have Xbox :crazy:).

The two series @azidahaka mentioned look good and you will even find plenty of help with tuning etc. I also have a club which holds races on a fortnightly basis that's more casual if your not into a championship (link is in my signature :sly:). There's always @JohnScoonsBeard's CRAP club which is full of exellent drivers and holds races almost on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I was doing an online race at Bathurst in the Ford Capri. It was the 1st time that I drove that car and was really enjoying practice, eventually I was getting really competitive times with one particular racer, so far so good.

It was in qualifying where the trouble started, he set a few quick laps then went to the pits, I stayed out. Everytime that I tried to do a quick lap without traffic he would shout down his microphone as I turned into a corner, I thought I was imagining it at 1st but he was doing it deliberately to put me off. Anyway, I qualified 4th and him 3rd, I beat him into the 1st corner off the start and he smashed right into the back of me without breaking for turn 2! Race over.

It was just really really bizarre and some amount of time and effort to troll someone. It does get quite annoying when some idiot just sits at a certain point of the track like in the video but thankfully it's not happened all that often to me. Saying that though I've had a few great races online and if there is contact during those events, fine. It's not as if it was deliberate, mistakes happen.

One thing that I hate the most. People that reverse into you when you are doing a standing start. Like, what are you doing.

Anyone else having trouble with this? what's your thoughts?

Interesting errrr video errrr. Couldn't errrrr underrrrrstand errrrr what errrrr point errrr you errrr were errrr trying errrrrrrrrr to make errrrr. Too much errrr between errrrrr words errrrrr.

Back