Only 1 track and 1 car?

• Thread starter Bluntified
  • 12 comments
Canada
Sauga City
Bluntified
Can anyone verify this link, someone who has a full retail/download version on either PS4 or XBone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-launch-performance-analysis

With the final retail release to hand, Project Cars' initial install weighs in at around 19.5GB for each console. In its default state, this precisely matches the size of the build tested in our original hands-on - though a day one 817MB patch on PS4 increases its HDD profile, and bumps the version number up to 1.01. A smaller 482MB update is also required on Xbox One, and it's impossible to play anything besides one track in solo mode until the update is finished on either platform.

Confirmed on XB1:
I have, and am again confirming that this is the case. Without the D1P (on Xbox One at least), you can only play a quick race.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to be sure.

I have no idea how that sort of thing gets past certification, unless it's done on purpose to ensure that nobody is glitching through career mode or anything.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162917695&postcount=9359

You can't play the full game without downloading an update 👎.

Why worry? The D1P is there, and downloaded on my PS4. I am sure XBone will have a similar situation in place.

I was on another board and a lot of people were complaining about it, some people not having an internet connection and whatnot. I thought, what better place to ask than here :gtplanet: for verification. I still do find it kinda odd that so much would be blocked out if you don't update.

I won't get my hands on the game until next Tuesday (North America), so I couldn't check myself.

I was on another board and a lot of people were complaining about it, some people not having an internet connection and whatnot. I thought, what better place to ask than here :gtplanet: for verification. I still do find it kinda odd that so much would be blocked out if you don't update.

I won't get my hands on the game until next Tuesday (North America), so I couldn't check myself.

I am sorry if I misunderstood your OP. Yes it is a pain for those with retail versions, or slow download internet connection.

If you want to play the game full with no D1P, With no network features, ie no patch, no online. Unplug the network cable before you put the disc in the slot. You will have loads of access to loads of track, just not at its best. No game I know of (on PS4 or XBone) allows you to play online if you do not have an up to date version.

Its not the games fault if someone has slow internet. The same people will complain about every game with a D1P/update, because of their slow internet, not because the game is broken.

Don't get me wrong though, it's more of an inquiry for those without a connection. Here in Canada our service is premo 👍, so no problems over here.

I still find it kinda odd to block the game like that, not the fact of D1P but actually blocking the entire game (online play aside). This is the only game out there that's done this.

For the PSN version it downloads; Dubai, the RWD P30 LM P1, quick race mode, and settings, so you can have something to do whilst you are waiting for the rest of it to download.

Lots of games do this these days, it's a nice feature.

AJ
For the PSN version it downloads; Dubai, the RWD P30 LM P1, quick race mode, and settings, so you can have something to do whilst you are waiting for the rest of it to download.

Lots of games do this these days, it's a nice feature.

Exactly what I got.... left it till tomorrow so can actually play the game:lol:

Had lots of practice in that LMP1 and messing with the settings to get the steering to my liking on the wheel but ultimately I wanted more:(

Back