only 3 views ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stano666
  • 33 comments
  • 2,610 views
Messages
255
Messages
stano666
Messages
Who ? whatnow ?
This is a BIG problem to me: i just bought GT5, got started (level 2 now) but when i try to change view (with select button) i miss the inboard cam, prologue had it, but GT5 has only 3 views (3rd person view, bumper cam, bonnet cam, sofar) HELP, PLEASE, i realy miss the onboard cam. I need a good view (FROM INSIDE THE CAR !!!) to enjoy the game. This way it sucks, why they do this ? the onboard camera is the BEST invention of GT.
Does this get fixed ?, and when is that going to happen.., after level 4, ???
I hope it's my fault, but i'm scared (afraid) they (the makers of GT5) ruined the game. PLEASE HELP ME, END THIS NIGHTMARE, how, when, where can i get the onboard camera, prologue has it but i'm done with prologue i'd like to enjoy GT5.
greetings stano666
 
You're in a used/standard car. They don't have in-car view. Premium/new cars do.
 
Since you just started you probably don't have a premium car yet. The premium's have the cockpit view while the standards do not. You can tell if a car is standard or premium by going into your garage and you will see a filter on the left.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, and PFFFFFFFFWWWEE (big seigh of releave) i'll try new car, and thingy on the left.
greetings stano666
 
Thanks, and PFFFFFFFFWWWEE (big seigh of releave) i'll try new car, and thingy on the left.
greetings stano666

any car from the new car dealerships is premium. Everything else is standard as far as I know.
 
Before you buy a car, look for either an S or a P. This will tell you if a car is premium or not. Don't want to buy another standard lol.
 
At least they've got this view for premiums... I like hood view best and they don't have that at all :( Man, I still feel burned by that :(

I find bumper view is often too low (expecially race cars) and feels too far forward. Hood view is the most immersive because it lets me think of the TV as the windshield without the obstruction of the interior and a second pair of hands.
 
Fun fact: Bumper/Hood view are actually the same perpective, except one of them includes a small chunk of the car. 👍

To the OP - if you're really sweating the available POVs you're going to be pissed when the other problems with the game present themselves. There are much bigger issues to worry about, if you ask me. :indiff:
 
Fun fact: Bumper/Hood view are actually the same perpective, except one of them includes a small chunk of the car. 👍

Really? Although in some cars (Sauber C9 is a good example) the bonnet cam (I'm sure it is a roof cam based on the parts of the car I see) you don't actually see any of the bonnet. I prefer the bonnet cam for online racing and now that I drive the FGT i use the bonnet cam alot. Used to hate standards for their lack of interior view but now I prefer standards because they are cooler and the bonnet cam rocks. I used to ONLY use premiums so it felt like a real car but now I don't use them. F1 2010 has the best cockpit camera. Feels so real with the bumps and speed.
 
I've always played GT from the 3rd-person perspective, and although I've read much about how much "better" the other views are, I've always played driving games like this and I don't play seriously enough to see a reason to change now. I'm not one to spend hours shaving a few tenths here and there, so having the point-of-view which allows me to admire the look of the car is ideal for me.
 
Yes, you will know what cars are 'standard' when in a race because the standard cars have black tinted windows to cover up the fact they don't have a memory robbing interior. 👍

Although I have to say it was only yesterday I noticed this!
 
I've always played GT from the 3rd-person perspective, and although I've read much about how much "better" the other views are, I've always played driving games like this and I don't play seriously enough to see a reason to change now. I'm not one to spend hours shaving a few tenths here and there, so having the point-of-view which allows me to admire the look of the car is ideal for me.
I used to adopt this view until the Nurburgring on GT4. I found the 3rd person view didn't give you a good enough view of the corners, specially in the section to the NE of the track.
 
3rd person view is my favourite and always will be, old habits I guess.

I get much more feel of a car and can see what the back end is doing.
 
Since you just started you probably don't have a premium car yet.

:confused:
My first car was a Premium. There's a handful of level 0 Premium cars that are affordable from the moment you start playing GT5.
 
I honestly thought he was trolling.
 
:confused:
My first car was a Premium. There's a handful of level 0 Premium cars that are affordable from the moment you start playing GT5.

Pay attention to the choice of words. He didn't say you "can't" start with a Premium (the Kart is a Premium, by the way), he said "probably" and I think that he's right. If he hasnt' seen a cockpit view then he's not driving a Premium model.

Since you just started you probably don't have a premium car yet.

No need to get confused about that. ;)
 
:confused:
My first car was a Premium. There's a handful of level 0 Premium cars that are affordable from the moment you start playing GT5.

I was talking about the op buying a standard car first.....:grumpy: thus prompting him to make this thread...
 
Fun fact: Bumper/Hood view are actually the same perpective, except one of them includes a small chunk of the car. 👍

Hrmm.. It seems further forward and a bit lower than the windshield to me. Anyway it "feels" different than using hood view in NFS for example.

GT's "overhead" view seems to vary from car to car, but usually too high and makes it look weird. For a very few cars, it seems to be placed like a proper hood view (eg Trans-Cammer.) It also seems ok for the LMP cars, but that's probably because they're already so low to start with.

Bumper view's nearly impossible to use when it's that low. Also, it's easier to tell if you've got clearance to make a tight turn when you can see the front of the car. :)

In any case, there's no excuse not to have more/better camera choices. A proper chase cam with a bit more elasticity than the fixed 3rd person view would be a great addition too.
 
Last edited:
Villain - I've always played GT from the 3rd-person perspective, and although I've read much about how much "better" the other views are, I've always played driving games like this and I don't play seriously enough to see a reason to change now. I'm not one to spend hours shaving a few tenths here and there, so having the point-of-view which allows me to admire the look of the car is ideal for me.
____________________________

I've used the chase-cam ever since for the reasons mentioned above:I can see my car and how it behaves on the road and I have the best exhaust-note from that view. As much as I'd like to race in cockpit-view more often, my times are nowhere as good when I try. Human eyes have a viewing-field of almost 200°, while GT5 offers you, well - 50 or 60?? But sometimes I think, even losing is more beautiful in cockpit-view. :)
 
At least they've got this view for premiums... I like hood view best and they don't have that at all :( Man, I still feel burned by that :(

I find bumper view is often too low (expecially race cars) and feels too far forward. Hood view is the most immersive because it lets me think of the TV as the windshield without the obstruction of the interior and a second pair of hands.

They do have Hood view in some cars, and in other car's this is transferred to the "roof" view..
Example of car with a bonnet view ( can see the bonnet pins and sound is very immersive ) R32 Skyline GTR from Premium Dealership. think R34 aswell but i just know R32 for sure.
 
Fun fact: Bumper/Hood view are actually the same perpective, except one of them includes a small chunk of the car. 👍

Fun fact: the above fun fact is incorrect. The roof/hood view is higher than the bumper. Many people on this board say all the views are from the same perspective (except chase cam) but this is false. See the pictures below for proof.

Bumper Cam Perspective:

imagelhz.jpg



Hood/Roof Cam Perspective:

imageoig.jpg




Notice how you can see the top of the leading car in the second picture? That's because that camera's perspective is higher. 👍
 
fun fact: the above fun fact is incorrect. The roof/hood view is higher than the bumper. Many people on this board say all the views are from the same perspective (except chase cam) but this is false. See the pictures below for proof.

Bumper cam perspective:

imagelhz.jpg



hood/roof cam perspective:

imageoig.jpg




notice how you can see the top of the leading car in the second picture? That's because that camera's perspective is higher. 👍

+1
 
I honestly thought he was trolling.

? Why ?.., never mind actually.
I want to thank for the quick reply, i found the (by me so much beloved) onboard camera:tup: Shame it isn't in all cars, but the bumper or ROOF TOP cam (i honestly thought it was a bonnet, :dunce:) will have to do in some cases i guess, because that 3rd person view isn't to my liking at all, but that's just my (silly) taste and it's a different discussion (topic !) all together, a topic (or conversation on a multi- national, linguistic, platform..., everything etcetera and so on and..) to big to cover in one lifetime, so i'll pass on that for now & here, if you don't mind (if you do.., tough luck, i was being rhetorical there)
Mucho gracias anyway for the replys. Have a nice race and greetings stano666
 
@Stig's Hero - No offense, but I don't find your photos conclusive at all. The timing isn't the same, the cars are not on a level surface, etc. If you want to debate it further, I'm sure there's a thread for it somewhere.

That being said, if it can be proved that they are not the same (which I don't thinks your photos do), I'd like to know. They've always looked the same to me when I experimented after hearing someone say they are identical. I wouldn't mind that rumor being debunked or exceptions being made for different cars.
 
^^ cry me a river. 3 seconds apart and no significant elevation change if you would use your eyes correctly. those pictures are conclusive. the views are at different heights and thats that. thanks for the comparison pics United.
 
I don't use either of those views, but the second picture looks definately taken from a higher position.

The Citreon C4 infront on the left, there's a definate difference in how much of the top of the car you can see. It's so close to the 'camera' I can't see how any elevation changes of the track etc are going to have that much of an impact.

It has to be the position of the camera, not the cars or track.
 
I think the guy who said that "bumper" and roof cam have the same perspective actually meant cockpit and "bumper" cam. They have the same perspective, just one has a steering wheel in front of you.
 
Yev
I think the guy who said that "bumper" and roof cam have the same perspective actually meant cockpit and "bumper" cam. They have the same perspective, just one has a steering wheel in front of you.

No, it's a common belief on here that all 3 views are the same. Bumper and cockpit are virtually identical but the hood/roof cam is higher. I've never understood it, when I drive with bumper cam I see the sides of the cars and when I drive with hood/roof cam I see the tops of the cars. My pictures prove it, they were taken about 3 seconds apart over zero elevation change. And no elevation change would account for that much change in perspective.

I suppose I can post video if it's really needed, but anybody can test it. In bumper view you see the sides of the cars and in view hood/roof view you see the tops of the cars. Under pretty much no circumstances are you ever looking down on a car beside you when you're in bumper view.

Another way to test it is watch the markings on a wall when you go by, using the different views. You can really see the difference there as you will be looking at different parts of the wall. Althought it should be noted that some select cars have a proper hood view where it's like the camera is on the dash, much like cockpit view. But it's only a handful of cars.
 
I'd have to agree that the bumper and hood/roof views are not the same perspective. With the bumper view the road appears to rush past at a faster rate, cos its closer to the ground, where the road rushes past at a slower rate on hood/roof cam.

Maybe people don't see much difference on smaller TVs? I use a 50 inch plasma, and its quite easy to tell the difference on that.
 
Back