Ooof! I did not cash ANY of my roulette tickets, now I only had 6 left, since the beginning!

• Thread starter jergto
  • 31 comments
United States
United States
Welp, thats another oversight. I knew they expired at a certain point but never really put any thought into it. Next thing I know I only had 6 left! I actually had 30+ tickets, about 90% of them expired, I did not use any of them. Thats from playing since the beginning too. 100% my fault, oh well. FML

Of the 6, the highest pay out was a 4-star, $10k. I saved them thinking PD would improve the payouts and nope.

Welp, thats another oversight. I knew they expired at a certain point but never really put any thought into it. Next thing I know I only had 6 left! I actually had 30+ tickets, about 90% of them expired, I did not use any of them. Thats from playing since the beginning too. 100% my fault, oh well. FML

Of the 6, the highest pay out was a 4-star, $10k. I saved them thinking PD would improve the payouts and nope.
If any of them were 5 or 6 stars, you likely missed a car or cash from each. But don't even stress about the rest. I can assure you they were just low cash prizes.

Perhaps this is karma for grinding 50 mil in tomahawk races and trying to horde the roulette tickets? My goal for those was to save them in hopes of getting better payout. Completely forgetting they expired!!! :ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch:

I'm always opening up tickets straight away and if it has four or more stars but a crap prize I'll hold onto it for after the next content update.

Again for EVERYONE, the moment you get the ticket it is clear what you will get from the ticket, more precisely even before. The moment you have/do a task that leads to a ticket, it is clear what kind of ticket it is and logically what you get from the ticket. So it makes NO SENSE to save a ticket and hope that there will be a better reward later. If you get a ticket, use it and fret like everyone else. This is not a guess, but has been tested many times. You can test it yourself. If you have a ticket, redeem it. As soon as you see what you have won, disconnect from the internet and then exit the game by clicking "Close Application". Then reactivate the internet connection (pull out the network cable and plug it back in later works best) and start the game again. Your ticket should be there again. You will now notice that up to 4 prices on the ticket have changed, but your winnings from the first try are still there and you will get exactly that again. You can repeat this test indefinitely, you will NEVER get another prize.

You can repeat this test indefinitely, you will NEVER get another prize.
That doesn't mean it couldn't change after an update. Each ticket could have a unique ID, and there could be an algorithm that deterministically maps IDs to prizes such that it's always the same prize. But an update could change that algorithm, so the same ID maps to a different prize after an update.

That doesn't mean it couldn't change after an update. Each ticket could have a unique ID, and there could be an algorithm that deterministically maps IDs to prizes such that it's always the same prize. But an update could change that algorithm, so the same ID maps to a different prize after an update.

It's very clear what price you have when you get the ticket, so it's extremely unlikely because this "profit" will be veined later by an update. Any hope of that is wishful thinking.

It's very clear what price you have when you get the ticket, so it's extremely unlikely because this "profit" will be veined later by an update. Any hope of that is wishful thinking.
I did the close application thing 6 times on the trot.The other prizes on the ticket changed each time but every time i got the same prize,which was 10,000credits.I cant see them changing after an update knowing how stingy pd are with there digital credits.

I stopped redeeming them too. I only ever got the worst thing from all of them since launch. The system is stupid.

I did the close application thing 6 times on the trot.The other prizes on the ticket changed each time but every time i got the same prize,which was 10,000credits.I cant see them changing after an update knowing how stingy pd are with there digital credits.
It is safest if you win a tuning part or a car. Getting exactly this price again and again is even less likely than e.g. 10,000 credits. But even then, I think some still doubt that the prices are fixed, even before the ticket is assigned. It would be interesting to find out when exactly the prize is allocated. I guess it has something to do with when you do which event than what activity/task you get that ticket with. In addition, pretty sure what you've won lately and the player's activities.

never understood why some people save them but hey to each their own
I don't do it myself but it does make sense because as already mentioned a content update can change your rewards so if you have the minimum cash reward possible (2k for 1Star tickets, 5k for 2 and 3Star or 10k for 4Star) you can't get a worse cash reward only better (or the same). Some will also keep tickets which give a car part because they are mostly junk too and could get better. :indiff:

Of course you can only keep them for 1 Month before they expire (so usually only for the max of 1 content update, sometimes none), as the op found out. ;)

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
It does mate.

They changed the chances in an update a month or two ago - tickets given prior to the update still had the pre-update roulette chances.

It's been fully tested. One hundred percent certain that when you get a ticket, its outcome is determined. Updates do not impact them at all.

It does mate.

They changed the chances in an update a month or two ago - tickets given prior to the update still had the pre-update roulette chances.

It's been fully tested. One hundred percent certain that when you get a ticket, its outcome is determined. Updates do not impact them at all.
Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. None of the testing proves that it is impossible for an update to change the outcome of a ticket that has already been received. The only way to prove that would be to have access to the data that is stored, to prove that only an outcome is stored, with no other information besides that to ever allow a code change to produce a different outcome. Without access to that information, you can't distinguish between an outcome that is the same because a repeatable computation is happening vs an outcome that is the same because no other information has been stored that would allow a different computation to be applied.

Hang on.

I've not really put too much thought into this before, but the roulette ticket HAS TO BE predetermined. Otherwise we could just replay the redeeming over and over until we got a prize we want.

Or am I being dumb?

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. None of the testing proves that it is impossible for an update to change the outcome of a ticket that has already been received. The only way to prove that would be to have access to the data that is stored, to prove that only an outcome is stored, with no other information besides that to ever allow a code change to produce a different outcome. Without access to that information, you can't distinguish between an outcome that is the same because a repeatable computation is happening vs an outcome that is the same because no other information has been stored that would allow a different computation to be applied.
Sorry, but that's nonsense and wishful thinking.
Programming doesn't work that way, especially when it's supposed to be guaranteed, or at least as tamper-proof as possible, as in this case. A ticket will be immutable, otherwise this entire system would be vulnerable to manipulation. Don't see a ticket as a ticket, but as a prize you already have, a car or tuning part. PD will not simply change this car or part afterwards with an update because the possible payouts for tickets have been increased. Only tickets received after this point in time will include higher/better prices.

If your prize from the lottery is going to be a car, this can change after an update which includes additional cars. Things like coins will stay the same regardless of the update.

It would be interesting to find out when exactly the prize is allocated. I guess it has something to do with when you do which event than what activity/task you get that ticket with. In addition, pretty sure what you've won lately and the player's activities.
It would be interesting to know, if there is any kind of bad luck protection to increase the likelyhood of higher prices, but as far as I am concerned I dont think it does.
It is not as much interesting to know when a price is allocated as long as you dont know whether a sooner or later allocation increases the value.

Programming doesn't work that way, especially when it's supposed to be guaranteed
These are two completely separate issues. Programming absolutely does work the way I described. It would be entirely possible for PD to change the outcome of a ticket with a code change unless the data stored behind the ticket makes that impossible. As nobody here has access to the data to know what is stored, they cannot say that it's not possible to change the outcome with a code change.

PD's intent is a completely different matter, and not something that I or anyone else here can know. The fact that they have made certain choices in the past doesn't mean they will necessarily make the same choices in the future.

Last edited:
These are two completely separate issues. Programming absolutely does work the way I described. It would be entirely possible for PD to change the outcome of a ticket with a code change unless the data stored behind the ticket makes that impossible. As nobody here has access to the data to know what is stored, they cannot say that it's not possible to change the outcome with a code change.

PD's intent is a completely different matter, and not something that I or anyone else here can know. The fact that they have made certain choices in the past doesn't mean they will necessarily make the same choices in the future.
Think what you want... honestly... but no ticket will be changed afterwards, that doesn't make any sense from PD's point of view.

This is beyond wishful thinking and bordering on delusion.

Back