[OPEN] Gran Turismo Replay Theater *GTRT*

• Thread starter Mistral
  • 38 comments

Are you interested by an english version of GTRT?

• Yes

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Whatever.. french or english, I understand both language!

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
... Don't know where to post this topic, so I'm doing here... :indiff:

Let me introduce this concept around here! :)
Gran Turismo Replay Theater will be, I hope, the reference in the Gran Turismo Community to upload and share your replay over the community. Many drivers here are having their own website, hosting their own replay. The purpose of GTRT, is to centralize those websites in a big one.

Me, Mistral, and Carbo (GTWeb) are actually working on it, but we need to know if the english side of the GTC [Community*] is also interested at this idea.

If not, GTRT will be *only* french. If yes, the site will be translated in english as the major part of the community speak english. (as it is right now, it's english. Leave it like this?)

Thank you to everyone that will answer this lil' poll and/or leave any comment or suggestion! ;)

Mistral (and Carbo)

I like this idea, it has substance. It should turn out popular, but saddly I cannot attend. I don't have an X-port, nor is there any access to one in the area.

Cool idea :)

How will it be organized? Will we be able to link to it and people will be able to see all of our replays?

And who is me, if you're Mistral?

ROAD_DOGG33J
How will it be organized? Will we be able to link to it and people will be able to see all of our replays?

And who is me, if you're Mistral?
Well, I looked at RL and GTDB replays page and it will like quite similar to it. ;) Although, you'll be able to sort replay by driver, by track and surely by OLR. Downloading replay will be available for everyone than will come on the site. That's the main idea of the site : sharing replay, show others how good you are! :P And I hope so that replay will be easily accesible for some kind of verification for OLR et RL/GT3T database. :)

And yes, I am "me", Mistral"! :P

Basically, what I want to know is, if you can say put the link in your sig here. Will other GTPers be able to go directly to all your replays? Or will they have to go to the site and search?

And Me(Mistral) would've been easier :)

I've rarely stopped by GTweb, but I've had my butt kicked by more than a few of you guys. (wait...And thats news to you DA?)

I'd be quite interested in having a mass database of downloadable replays. I'm always searching around for new or similar ones to what I've run/am running.

I think this may be a bit more appropriate in the OLR section.

AO

ROAD_DOGG33J
Basically, what I want to know is, if you can say put the link in your sig here. Will other GTPers be able to go directly to all your replays? Or will they have to go to the site and search?

And Me(Mistral) would've been easier :)
Repeat da question please..? :scared:
Sorry..
icon11.gif
I don't really understand you're question... :-/https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Will you be able to put a link in your sig here, that will link to your replays? Or will the people have to go and search for your username?

Why put a link to MY replay, search for MY username? I'll put a link to the site as soon as the site is up, ready to recieve replay from anyone that want to share their replay.

That's all I can say for now, as I really don't understand what you mean..

The site I have in my profile (MOLRT, molrt.free.fr) is not the one I'm talking in this topic. It's just my personal site where I ONLY put MY replay, as many other drivers here have their own web space to upload their replay file.

Sorry for that misunderstanding... :ill:

By your I mean my or any person in general. I'm sure that I can wait for the answer. Sorry for the trouble. :)

Great idea, Mistral. 👍

When I bought my X-port a couple of month ago I actually searched for a site like that. Couldn't find any and instead I had to browse through several different GT sites looking for a broad variety of replays.

A site like you describe with that search possibilities, would be great for us slower racers to improve and prepare for various OLR events. :D

Sorry ROAD_DOGG33J, I think Mistral was not really awaken when he replied to you. I m the other guy (me carbo :) ) and your idea is great so we ll integrate it in our project.
So you will be able to directly put a link to view all replays of a specific driver. The same thing will be available for a specific circuit or a specific OLR.
I hope we answer your question this time :)

ROAD_DOGG33J
Cool

I hope this thing works out. When do you think it will open for the public?
We don't know yet. We just hope it'll be up as soon as possible.

Although, you'll be able to easily find any replay in the DB. A sorting system will help you to find what you're searching quickly. By track, by driver or by OLR.

I think that a pretty good idea Mistral. It's always good to look at some replay.

I think it be good for your web site to make it for both language even there is not to many to read. More people will go on it. Keep on the good work, it's good to see that.

Maybe we can try to put a bilangual version, but my priority is to set up the main version to release it as soon as possible. Anyway, GTRT won't be that complicated. You'll be able to easily surf through the site. :)

What about other versions of GT? Will the populace be able to load up replays from GT & GT2 or will it just be restricted to GT3 and presumably GT4?

I'd like to see a site like this! Please make it in english also so many people from all over can use it:tup: I've got a handful of #1 times on a few databases that I wouldn't mind sharing:) I 'm sure there would be plenty I would like to see also when GT4 comes out. It may be a good idea to make an announcement at all the major GT boards if you already haven't.

@ TMM : I don't think so. I never found anything about DexDrive files on internet or anything related with GT/GT2 replay. I also have a DexDrive too, I don't think that so many driver have bought it, especially the top driver. If many players request, it is possible that we will add it to the site. Thx for the idea. At the moment, only GT3, GTC and GT4P will be supported.

@ CFM : Yes I did! ;) I've posted a topic on Racing-Line and GT3Times. 'think it's the biggest 3 in the international community. Thought to post one on GTRP too, but I haven't.

this could be a newbie Q but how do you people get the reply from your ps2 to your computer? and i'm totally in this for the reply thing.

Using some external devices such as SharkPort or X-Port. It's a USB connection between your console and your PC.

Some others use X-Ploder or a USB key known as MaxDrive.

Hmm... I think this is actually my first post after ages of being registered.

Um, I think it'd be an excellent idea Mistral, and definitely worth making multi-lingual. That's one of the hardest parts of the entire GT community, imo, that there is no centralized place for replays. Having recognized OLR events listed and allowing people to view only replays from those series would be pretty wonderful, too.

Personally, I would think a site that gave each member their own little page for replays (think deviantart.com) would be really neat. But that'd probably take a lot more time.

Anywho, best of luck with it, I'll be keeping an eye out :)

Last edited:
Actually, only an English version is planned. If many non-English users request a version in their own language, I think it's a possibility that GTRT will be translated in that language. Maybe French and German will be added some days as the major part of the GT Community is from France/Quebec, USA/English Canada/UK and from Germany. But as you surely know, English is the Language of business! ;)

For that idea of making a site for each user, we will keep the basic concept of GTRT. Though, you will be able to see replay by OLR, by track and by user with a possibility to sort the table by driver, by game controller, by game, by car, by time... And for now, we don't have unlimited space on our server which is Free.fr. We only have 100MB. I'm thinking about asking everyone before they upload their replay to zip it, so we can host about 3 or 4 times more replays than if they weren't compressed.

Btw, I should return to work on the interface now! :P I haven't cause of the college that's taking most of my time right now! :-/

Beta is opened!

Ya, I know. It's been more than a year of waiting...

See ya on GTRT main page. You will some instructions there. ;)

Back