Open message to Polyphony Digital....

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 92 comments
Whereas in the days of GT4.... AI wasnt as big a thing in our everyday life and it was a simpler time... With less people on their smartphones or flip phones.....Back then..We paid for a game that would give us nothing but delight and its exactly what we got. Cant say that today
Wow, someone turned this into a "Kids these days..." boomer moan. Incredible. This thread really is a rollercoaster.

Last edited:
Wow, someone turned this into a "Kids these days..." boomer moan. Incredible. This thread really is a rollercoaster.
Oh its you! Most people would just move on dude... Youre still salty about my scathing critique of your crappy point in that thread over 2 months ago? Hahaha I must've hit a nerve. You poor thing ;)

Last edited:
Oh its you! Most people would just move on dude... Youre still salty about my scathing critique of your crappy point in that thread over 2 months ago? Hahaha I must've hit a nerve. You poor thing ;)
What lol?

I have no idea what you're on about. If you've a history of making dreadful points akin to "Kids these days on their phones" that sounds like it says more about you?

Last edited:
The payout was higher than expected. I thought it would be in the likes of 250k it could stil be more but at least its better than most pd added lately and i will find my fun with it. I am still enjoying gt7, but it would be nice with gt league expansion i would even pay for it, but i dont see anything of that changing until gt8.

A slap in the face is that BOP and tuning are still not separated options in Lobby settings. So we are unable to create race with, for example Toyota GT-One ’99, as it was designed. Because BOP allways ruins group cars.
Some other bad User Experience decisions like removing reverse grid order in Lobbies (which was avaiable in previous games) etc.

But not WTC 900 race. You can enjoy it or ignore it. It may be not the coolest one, but it's hard to call it a slap. :)

Some other bad User Experience decisions like removing reverse grid order in Lobbies (which was avaiable in previous games) etc.
Pretty sure this exists now - I hosted a lobby last week and there was fastest first, slowest first and set by host options for grid order. It took me by surprise that it was there, but it was.

Gran Turismo Sport manual
・Grid Order
Select the order you want the cars to line up on the grid. If you select "Fastest First," the cars will line up in the order of their pre-race qualifying times, from fastest to the slowest. If you select "Slowest First," the cars will line up in the order of their pre-race qualifying times, from slowest to the fastest. If you select "Grid Based on Previous Race Results," the cars will line up in the order they finished in the previous race. If you select "Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results," the cars will line up in the opposite order in which they finished the previous race.

These 2 bold options are missing in GT7. I've been running a league in GT for over 11 years and these options are a blessing if you are running 2 or more races in one round and want the results of the races to affect the order at the start of the next race.

AI generated races you say?

I think its the staleness of racing against the AI in GT7...

And a combination of the times we live in where everyone talks about AI and things like chatgpt doing all the work for you

Whereas in the days of GT4.... AI wasnt as big a thing in our everyday life and it was a simpler time... With less people on their smartphones or flip phones.....Back then..We paid for a game that would give us nothing but delight and its exactly what we got. Cant say that today

Today we cant say that games are straightforward in their approach to giving the user fun, progression or even a complete game at launch. Todays videogames are complex in more areas because game design and the game industry as a whole is more complex now. We are more aware about this today too. Which doesnt make the racing against AI aspects more interesting once you know what needs improving. Rather they should be more interesting than they are. And we know better now. We expect more from our racing games than a sub-par racing experience with prettied up graphics.
Well said. Sadly the gaming industry has massively shifted since GT4 from a more hobbyist market to a far more casual and thoughtless one, that doesn't question or critique games anywhere near like it used to.

The norm now is a gaming industry that focuses more on visuals past the point of diminishing returns, and online play, vs actual content.

GT's AI is a very clear example of that. The effort was put into the image, not the experience

Look at latest posts to this thread and go back to my OP and you will see there is no relation...
It's quite common on this forum, or any other for that matter, that posts will inevitably spiral away from the original post. It's simply impossible for all posts to be aimed at the opening post, as people will have different things to say. That's how a forum works.

But apparently, some people's interpretation of a forum is vastly different...

Last edited:
Look at latest posts to this thread and go back to my OP and you will see there is no relation...
I'm sorry that the thread turned negative, some of us saw what you meant and were attempting to add onto it.

I agree with you, but sadly the reality is that PD is aware of what they're doing and isn't ashamed. And when you have a remaining fanbase of youtubers that are in your pocket, and fans like TumeK5 here, who respond to objective criticism with "LOL GO GRIND MORE", well it's safe to say that PD has selective hearing.

Reality is that it shouldn't have turned into a "nuh uh" situation about MTX. yet you get people who want to ignore the obvious or blame players. The situation is obvious, people just want to blindly defend.

Your post is completely valid. The situation just sucks

Last edited:
It's quite common on this forum, or any other for that matter, that posts will inevitably spiral away from the original post. It's simply impossible for all posts to be aimed at the opening post, as people will have different things to say. That's how a forum works.
Yes I know how a forum works and especially this one, but I posted this with one intention to get the idea to PD that they fupped duck and then this thread degenerated to a MTX (female dog) fest, among other subjects.
That is why I want MY created thread locked.

and fans like TumeK5 here, who respond to objective criticism with "LOL GO GRIND MORE"
I'm sorry, the situation in the game just sucks. You can't convince PD to change their ways. People have tried everything, demeaning, uninstalling the game, constructive criticism...everything. But nothing will change anytime soon.

copium-chemical-element-water-bottle.jpg

TumeK5 here, who respond to objective criticism with "LOL GO GRIND MORE",
I know this maybe out of context but @TumeK5 is correct and i respect his views and opinions, and i am one of those "grinders" but i also have fun with doing so, it's not a "chore" with me..
Just needed to give props where due...

I'm sorry, the situation in the game just sucks. You can't convince PD to change their ways. People have tried everything, demeaning, uninstalling the game, constructive criticism...everything. But nothing will change anytime soon.

View attachment 1341390
Thank you but I gave up the hard stuff decade's ago.... 😁

I know this maybe out of context but @TumeK5 is correct and i respect his views and opinions, and i am one of those "grinders" but i also have fun with doing so, it's not a "chore" with me..
Just needed to give props where due...
Then don't complain if you agree with the people keeping the game that way. Simple as

I have been thinking about the grindy nature of GT7 and it is that way in order to channel the whales towards going out the credit card, what if they make a season pass? We all pay. That way they could deliver six cars a month and new races for those cars and maybe a track every three months which would be the focus for that week of events. They could give us a none grindy GT mode similar to the first four games because they wouldn't need to make it grindy for the whales. What do you think?

I have been thinking about the grindy nature of GT7 and it is that way in order to channel the whales towards going out the credit card, what if they make a season pass? We all pay. That way they could deliver six cars a month and new races for those cars and maybe a track every three months which would be the focus for that week of events. They could give us a none grindy GT mode similar to the first four games because they wouldn't need to make it grindy for the whales. What do you think?
I think that your theory that if we're giving PD money we should expect more content is disconnected from reality. There is no causal connection between the two things.

Last edited:
I think that your theory that if we're giving PD money we should expect more content is disconnected from reality. There is no causal connection between the two things.
But if we want content it has to be paid for somehow. We already know PD can make six cars a month and we are only getting half of them.

But if we want content it has to be paid for somehow. We already know PD can make six cars a month and we are only getting half of them.
Yeah, and why is that? I don't think it's the money. I guess they want to have a little bit more than the exact amount of GT7 cars in GT8. They very probably are holding back for that. That's totally fine for me. It's completely normal marketingwise.

They don't need our money for some more cars. But as a company they, of course, would take money that gets thrown at them. Just don't expect a special outcome of that extra money (and don't put bad ideas into their heads ;)). Thats not how business works and that's what AmyUD06 is saying.

Yeah, and why is that? I don't think it's the money. I guess they want to have a little bit more than the exact amount of GT7 cars in GT8. They very probably are holding back for that. That's totally fine for me. It's completely normal marketingwise.

They don't need our money for some more cars. But as a company they, of course, would take money that gets thrown at them. Just don't expect a special outcome of that extra money (and don't put bad ideas into their heads ;)). Thats not how business works and that's what AmyUD06 is saying.
Then GT8 will be the same grindy game that GT7 is. It will have to be to drive the whales to MTX

Again. One thing that has nothing to do with the other. How many cars we will get has nothing to do with a grindy game or MTX.
You think the grindy nature of GT7 is not down to a drive to MTX? One is specifically linked to the other.

You think the grindy nature of GT7 is not down to a drive to MTX? One is specifically linked to the other.
I didn't link these two (and don't care much) but i meant that grind/MTX are in my opinion not linked to how much cars we get in GT8 or how much cars PD "produces".

Edit: as for the future: i could imagine them doing both, paid DLCs+MTX. Plus games are always changing. Maybe it's a new kind of money making system we don't even imagine yet.

The customers will vote with their money. We'll see if they drive away many.

Edit2: for me myself i have to say i am not very concerned about this topic as i still remember Need for Speed 1 in the mid-90s with 8 cars in total. Still know the models, the colours (one per model) and the max speed of them. When GT3, my first Gt, came out i thought "who would ever need/drive more than 100 cars". The amount of cars was always beyond me. Yes, in GT7 i am also collecting cars (and probably won't have all of them ever, as i am starting new account all the time) but i never grasped the motivation of having them all as a target. So MTX are to date something of a non issue for me. But of course, PD, as any company of these times has the potential of driving me away with some new imagined mechanic.

Last edited:
You think the grindy nature of GT7 is not down to a drive to MTX?
Point of view: if you like driving, it doesnt feel like grinding.

Also I have doubts about that, if it was to push MTX then all tracks should be equally rubbish for creating credits, but there are outliners that stand +50% above the rest - which quite counteracts against the idea.

They have hardly em
It really surprises me that people still don't understand the **** payouts are intentional.

Almost every other game fanbase I've been part of where MTX plays a role in the economy, has understood its effect on payouts and pricing. Yet I constantly see things like this, or people claiming that the pricing/payouts aren't due to MTX.

It's intentional. The game is designed to be tedious so that more casual players say **** it and press that "top up on ps store" button
Spot on, but I don't even think it's that tedious either. But yeah GT has always been about winning credits and buying cars and it takes time

Latest Posts

Back