[OPEN + LIMITED SPACES] European GT2 Series 2 - Finale 23rd October at Ring VLN!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 394 comments
United Kingdom
UK
ajh_1990
Team MWM RC on AC Series 2 – European GT2

Cars:
BMW M3 GT2 x 5
Corvette C7.R GT2 x 5
Ferrari 458 GT2 x 5
16th and final car will be free choice once first fifteen spots have been filled

Tracks:
Zandvoort September 18th 26 laps
Vallelunga September 25th 28 laps
Spa October 2nd 17 laps
Red Bull Ring October 9th 26 laps
Brands Hatch October 16th 28 laps
Nordschleife Endurance Cup October 23rd 5 laps

We will be working on a dropped score system this week, with 5 out of 6 races scoring points. Worst result is dropped.

Practice / 45m / 8:30pm BST
Qualifying / 15m / 9:15pm BST
Race / ~40-45m / 9:30pm BST

Time of Day: 15:00
Weather: Clear
Ambient Temperature: 24c
Track Surface: Optimum

Autoclutch: On
Traction Control: Factory
ABS: On
Stability Control: Off
Tyre Blankets: On

Fuel Rate: 100%
Damage Rate: 30% (Please be careful when racing!)
Tyre Wear Rate: 100%
Allowed Tyres Out: 4
Qualify Limit: 20%

Driving Standards:

We had an overall decent level of driving standards in Series 1. I’d like that to continue. Damage is on 20% as a deterrent to any possible dodgy moves and encourage clean overtaking. If you do cause an accident then please let the people affected back onto the track ahead of you. An apology in the thread doesn’t go amiss either!

If there are any incidents then please save your race replay as a video clip to your PS4 HDD via the Share function. Videos can be uploaded to YouTube and linked to me in a private message on GTPlanet with details of what happened from your perspective. You can go the Settings section of your PS4 and change the length of the recording to 60 minutes to ensure the whole race is covered. Please ask if you’re not sure about how to do this.

I DON’T want any arguing/fighting in the thread about incidents. Please message me regarding any issues.

Please sign up below with your car choice and your PSN please. Details of free cars is in the 2nd post.

Here are those who took part/expressed an interest in last season:
@Goodwolf
@gt6champnk69
@Cuber Tom
@hobbsy
@Nick_h
@nissman
@pies1123
@buybon355
@ROBQT
@wittedave
@MightyL
@Ryan Wall
@numbnuts70
@cdc9906
@GT Flaw
@walker177
@littleregret265
@streetsmark

Last edited:

BMW M3 GT2
ajh_1990
Rick 8727
space
space
space

Corvette C7.R GT2
Pies1123
ROBQT
nissman
MightyL
gt6champnk69

Ferrari 458 GT2
nick_h
cubertom
hobbsy
wittedave
space

16th final space: tbc

Last edited:
I think I'll have a go in the Corvette for this season.

Also, I know folks probably don't want to give away strategies or whatever, but are most people doing one stint for the whole race?

And if we pit, is it ok to cross the finish line/go to pits rather than the mad long way?

Good call on the damage.

Also, I know folks probably don't want to give away strategies or whatever, but are most people doing one stint for the whole race?

And if we pit, is it ok to cross the finish line/go to pits rather than the mad long way?

I tend to do one stop.

As we don't have the cutback on the Nordschleife VLN layout I'd prefer people to pit properly. Besides, it can be funny about which laps it counts if you do that. Just makes it easier that way to know people are pitting properly. If you've just crossed the line then you might as well have pitted as normal.

I think I'll have a go in the Corvette for this season.

Good call on the damage.
No stops is the fastest as the GT2 cars have slow pit stops.

I think teleporting to the pits as soon as you've crossed the line is cheating as it save so much time and would make a 1 stop race faster, and if your box is neat the pit exit you'll lose almost no time but someone with a pit box further back could lose 15 seconds

I would say that teleporting to the pits is only appropriate if you are retiring from the race!

If you are competing you need to drive from the start to the finish!

BMW M3 GT2
ajh_1990
space
space
space
space

Corvette C7.R GT2
Pies1123
space
space
space
space

Ferrari 458 GT2
nick_h
cubertom
space
space
space

16th final space: tbc
Think I'll take a BMW this time please m8

@andrew1990 just a thought I had last time round but never checked properly, how comparable is the Lotus Evora GTC to the other GT2 cars?

I'll take a Ferrari this time please... Good luck anyone who takes the BMW ;)

@andrew1990 just a thought I had last time round but never checked properly, how comparable is the Lotus Evora GTC to the other GT2 cars?

I'll take a Ferrari this time please... Good luck anyone who takes the BMW ;)

Don't know about the GC. The GX is about a second off them for me. I'll update the car/driver list :)

Team MWM RC on AC Series 2 – European GT2

Tracks:
Zandvoort September 18th 26 laps
Vallelunga September 25th 28 laps
Magione October 2nd 40 laps
Brands Hatch October 9th 28 laps
Red Bull Ring October 16th 26 laps
Nordschleife Endurance Cup October 23rd 5 laps

AC doesn't have a big track list so I was really hoping that classic tracks like Spa and Silverstone will be included in the calendar, not sure how Maggione and Vallelunga will suit GT2 cars to be honest.

Also I don't have the Red Bull Ring pack.

Will there be a droped score or do all races count?

AC doesn't have a big track list so I was really hoping that classic tracks like Spa and Silverstone will be included in the calendar, not sure how Maggione and Vallelunga will suit GT2 cars to be honest.

Also I don't have the Red Bull Ring pack.

Will there be a droped score or do all races count?

I think that Vallelunga is a great GT circuit (the longer options!), However I would agree on Maggione.
That one would not allow the GT cars to get up to speed, but then that may be the reason why it's picked!

The BMW would may even be at an advantage against the Corvette here, as I'm pretty sure it has greater agility but lacks in top speed.

Could always use the historic version of Silverstone for something different!
Just a suggestion though, ;)

We had Silverstone and Spa last season so I wanted to mix it up a bit, hence Magione.

We could do a dropped round to keep things fair for those who don't have all the tracks.

We had Silverstone and Spa last season so I wanted to mix it up a bit, hence Magione.

We could do a dropped round to keep things fair for those who don't have all the tracks.

I understand but still seems odd to drop two of the best tracks in the game even if they were used in season 1.

I think that Vallelunga is a great GT circuit (the longer options!), However I would agree on Maggione.
That one would not allow the GT cars to get up to speed, but then that may be the reason why it's picked!

The BMW would may even be at an advantage against the Corvette here, as I'm pretty sure it has greater agility but lacks in top speed.

Could always use the historic version of Silverstone for something different!
Just a suggestion though, ;)
It's a shame that ac has not got Oulton park and Donnington we would be having some fun then

Don't know about the GC. The GX is about a second off them for me. I'll update the car/driver list :)

The game classes the lotus as a gt4 car, but it's much faster than the rest, think it might be able to be close to gt2 times but it's really twitchy too.

If I get a chance, I'll give the Lotus a proper shakedown to see how close I can get it to my lap times in the Beemer!

Is this car likely to be an option for the next round @andrew1990 if it's close enough time wise?

If I get a chance, I'll give the Lotus a proper shakedown to see how close I can get it to my lap times in the Beemer!

Is this car likely to be an option for the next round @andrew1990 if it's close enough time wise?

To be honest we're going to stick with the car list we have for this season. Feel free to test it and we can look at it as an option for next season.

Put me down in the Corvette but I will most likely not make all the races this season, especially RB ring as I don't have it and Maggione, I did a test run yesterday here and the track is so unsuited for GT2 cars that it becomes unenjoyable to drive so I rather skip it.

Any laptimes for zandvoort???

Did a 38.5 in practice.

Magione was a thought to be a bit different. Maybe too different? Can replace it with something like Spa if people prefer?

Put me down in the Corvette but I will most likely not make all the races this season, especially RB ring as I don't have it and Maggione, I did a test run yesterday here and the track is so unsuited for GT2 cars that it becomes unenjoyable to drive so I rather skip it.

Did a 38.5 in practice.
38,5 fair play I can just get in 39's

Back