Open the conv-top while driving?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SL65AMG
  • 35 comments
  • 1,945 views
I6-4-eva
Isnt it bad to drop the top when driving at highspeeds?


Most modern cars with power hoods or folding metal tops (Mercedes SL, Peugeot 206cc, Daihatsu Copen in GT4, there are others) don't allow you to open/close them over a certain speed. It's usually anything over 10mph, and if this is The Real Driving SimulatorTM I'd imagine the same applies.

Plus, opening a convertible/sunroof at speed blows your ears!
 
demon of speed
Wouldn't it create drag? Therefore slowing down your car and wasting time. It could go the other way and just snap off and hopefully hit a trailing car and knock him off track into a wall. Oh the possibilities.
:lol:
 
z06camaro
When you drive top down will it accually affect your performance as in handling and drag on the car?
I highly doubt PD went into detail about the effects of driving with the top down
 
Travi_D
I know it looks cool, but why would you want it down, when the top speed while up is, generally, quicker?

Take the Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster for example(i know its not in the game but good example)

Top speed when top up: 300 kmh + :sly:
Top speed with roof down: 160 kmh :grumpy:

Nuff Sed.
umm wrong way round, 100mph with roof on, 200mph+ with roof off.
 
_aj
umm wrong way round, 100mph with roof on, 200mph+ with roof off.


your both right. he just said up and down not on and off.
 
PhatFat
your both right. he just said up and down not on and off.

Well there's also the bit about unit conversion (:



I think they'll have an option to put it up or down. Hopefully you'll be able to do that during the race, but in a realistic fasion. Most convertibles I've been in the car has to register 0MPH and the hand break has to be engaged before the roof will move - that is if it's an automatic roof. I know this is the case for the S2000, and assume the Z4, 350Z-R, Boxster, and the like are all similar.
 
Back