Open top cars?

• Thread starter oohhh yeah
  • 37 comments
oohhh8yeah
Hi guys,

I love driving in cockpit view in open roof cars...but have not found any in GT6 yet. The s2000 and 2000GT in other games are open top in cockpit view....but not GT.

Please let me know some cars that I can drive in cockpit view and have no top :) Preferably street cars

Thanks

Usually the ones that are open in the dealership are open topped on track.
BMW Z8 and Ferrari California are both open topped, also the Mazda MX5 Touring Car.

Just remembered: Shelby Cobra, Art Morrison Corvette, KTM X-Bow and LCC Rocket.

Last edited:
Get the Plymouth XNR its a beauty (I think its free in GoodWood )

Red bulls and Karts ... kind of open top too right?

Chaparral 2J
Caterham Seven Fireblade
Chrysler Prowler

Z8img1.jpg
Z8img2.jpg

BMW 507 '57, BMW Z4 '03, Lotus Elise '96, Lotus Elise 111R' 04, Mercedes SL 55 AMG (R230) '02, Peugeot 307 CC Premim AVN '04, TVR Tamora '02, VW Schwimmwagen/ Kubelwagen, Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02, Daihatsu OFC-1 '07, Honda S2000 '06, Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91, Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89, Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07, Suzuki Cappucino, Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01, Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept '59.

Checked the Dealership, there is more than I thought/remembered...

Really?
For me the ones that are open in the dealership (as in the soft/hard top is down) are open on track.
The premium versions of soft tops are open, at least the ones i have checked.

Yep. I too recall that in GT5 that the Ferrari California was open top unless you brought the hard top option as an extra. For some reason GT6 is open top in photo mode but covered when driven on track.

tried Monte and a few others and it's still closed.
the thing is I remember driving it on the Ring some 2 months ago and I would swear it was open...
the same with the premium Mazdas and S2000, now in the dealership, gallery view and photomode the cars are open but when active in the garage and on track they are closed.
I am having concerns that my memory is going to hell...

I've found that if the roof is off in the little picture in the garage, i.e. when you select the car to get into (before the engine sound), then it's going to be open-top on track too.

I could be massively wrong though. :lol:

For me they are off in the little pictures, but if you switch into that car it shows the roof closed in the main garage menu (the one where you can change settings, race numbers and racing gear) and if it is closed there it is closed on track (and in gallery view it's open again).

California has perhaps switched to "up" because the track dependent setup would result in rain pouring down on the cover challenged car (Sarthe at least). And the set of tracks with weather changes wasn't necessarily finalized early on.
</wildspeculation>

On some cars where the top is closed, you can go to the gt auto body custom parts for headlights and select to have the top opened for3,000. Not quite so obvious, but its a way to make a few cars convertible.

Which cars have you done this on?

The whole thing is really confusing and I never really paid much attention to it because I don't drive in cockpit mode.

Which cars have you done this on?

The whole thing is really confusing and I never really paid much attention to it because I don't drive in cockpit mode.

Like for example:
BMW Z8 01, take it to the GT Auto > Custom Parts > Aero Parts > Other > Standard (Convertible) or Part A (Closed Top)

This option of choosing what position you can have the top off/on is only available on some cars.

Back