Opinion Thread: What countries should each GT Fictional track be based in?

United States
New York
Bandit_Ra_X
Hey GTPlanet!

I was thinking this over after looking at the GT Sport track list and noticed all of the tracks in the game, including the fictional tracks, have a country they are based in. I do not know if all the fictional tracks from GT6 will be brought over to GT Sport or if PD will even determine a tracks' base country if they are included, but I was wondering what is everyone's opinion on which track could be based in which country, if added. This is a list of GT6 tracks to start off, but older GT tracks can be discussed, as well:
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Trial Mountain
  • Mid-Field Raceway
  • Apricot Hill Raceway
  • High Speed Ring
  • Cape Ring
  • Special Stage Route 5
  • Special Stage Route 7
  • Special Stage Route X
  • Autumn Ring
  • GT Arena
  • Kart Space
To start off, I always thought Apricot Hill as a European race track with the surroundings and the flow of it. I was thinking the track could be based in Italy, France or Spain, since they are countries that produce some of the highest levels of apricots. Also, I always felt Cape Ring and High Speed Ring would be great being based in countries like South Africa, The Netherlands or New Zealand. This was based on the track architecture, surroundings and landscape.

Deep Forest is known to be inspired by an abandoned track in Iowa the rest no one can be sure about, SS Route 5/7/X most probably are located in Japan, Cape Ring should be in Japan also considering it resembles Kawazu Nanadaru loop bridge

Deep Forest is known to be inspired by an abandoned track in Iowa the rest no one can be sure about, SS Route 5/7/X most probably are located in Japan, Cape Ring should be in Japan also considering it resembles Kawazu Nanadaru loop bridge

Thanks! I remember the Deep Forest article from a while back. In addition, I do remember the SS Routes being compared to parts of Japan. I am changing the thread title to try and make it more of an opinion-based discussion.

Hey GTPlanet!

I was thinking this over after looking at the GT Sport track list and noticed all of the tracks in the game, including the fictional tracks, have a country they are based in. I do not know if all the fictional tracks from GT6 will be brought over to GT Sport or if PD will even determine a tracks' base country if they are included, but I was wondering what is everyone's opinion on which track could be based in which country, if added. This is a list of GT6 tracks to start off, but older GT tracks can be discussed, as well:
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Trial Mountain
  • Mid-Field Raceway
  • Apricot Hill Raceway
  • High Speed Ring
  • Cape Ring
  • Special Stage Route 5
  • Special Stage Route 7
  • Special Stage Route X
  • Autumn Ring
  • GT Arena
  • Kart Space
To start off, I always thought Apricot Hill as a European race track with the surroundings and the flow of it. I was thinking the track could be based in Italy, France or Spain, since they are countries that produce some of the highest levels of apricots. Also, I always felt Cape Ring and High Speed Ring would be great being based in countries like South Africa, The Netherlands or New Zealand. This was based on the track architecture, surroundings and landscape.
Just reading this makes me yearn for these tracks.
They are all in Japan
Edit: on a pd server

There was an attempt to locate Apricot Hill's location using the stars at night that are shown in GT6. That's a good theory. Also, where are apricots native?

I can see Trial Mountain to be set in a North American location cause it reminded me of Yellowstone National Park. Maybe further east in the Rockies. Deep Forest is definitely a European map. Grand Valley however is pretty vague, so it could possibly be anywhere.

@Nuschel01 : Same for me, as well. if Bigfoot or Sasquatch was around and not Nessie, it would be a different story. :D

@GBO Possum : The real question is how many countries can fit on the inside of Special Stage Route X?

@Normalaatsra : To answer your question about where are apricots native, here are a couple of links which list top producers of apricots in the world. The data may be a bit older, but it still is helpful, nonethelesss:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_apricot_production
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/which-are-the-world-s-top-apricot-producing-countries.html

This might be to fictional/fantasy, but a Dubai track paved in gold.

Sticking to the middle eastern theme:

*A track with a Bollywood surrounding in India

*Beautiful mountainous view track based in Afghanistan

Thoughts?

This might be to fictional/fantasy, but a Dubai track paved in gold.

Sticking to the middle eastern theme:

*A track with a Bollywood surrounding in India

*Beautiful mountainous view track based in Afghanistan

Thoughts?

The thread is focused on already created GT circuits and what regions they could represent, but I don't mind discussing the point you brought up. I was thinking of ways the Middle East and Africa could be represented in the game. Since Dragon Trail is based in Croatia and was an unexpected addition, PD can get creative and create a track based on the regions, or could modify previously created track to fit a region.

Kart space is just set in a giant roller disco. But is does remind of electrodome in mk8

I was thinking maybe Ibiza, with the party/rave like atmosphere of the surroundings, but it can be anywhere. The same with GT Arena in terms it can be anywhere, but have it based inside of a real-life football stadium, maybe even base it off of a past ROC location.

I was thinking maybe Ibiza, with the party/rave like atmosphere of the surroundings, but it can be anywhere. The same with GT Arena in terms it can be anywhere, but have it based inside of a real-life football stadium, maybe even base it off of a past ROC location.

Maybe san francisco. Known for its big gay community and love of roller disco.

Back