Optimum shifting time?

Haven't been using MT for long and was wondering if one red flash (like AT does) is the best shifting time.
Check the torque power band of the car. You want to shift at the rpms that the torque starts to drop rapidly. Not always is redlining shifts the fastest way to drive.

Ah, thanks! GT3 doesn't have a torque/power band graph, but where it's got for example 276BHP/5000rpm, the 5000rpm is the highest point right?

Also does this technique transfer to other GT games? It's a real life technique right?

You have to hear and feel it I've found. Not always at red line, sometimes before, sometimes after. You do know if it bounces you juuuust missed it.

I can't remember which car, but I think an A-level in the single race arcade series--one of them shifts faster than any car in history I've used in GT 3 4 or 5.

CDub

If I may add my 0.10, I have my own theory.

Basically, you want to keep your RPMs as close to your peak horsepower as possible. No matter what speed the car moves at, the engine will always be accelerating the fastest when running at its peak horsepower.

Peak torque is basically your margin of compromise when the engine is not running at peak horsepower.

Back