Options menu explained in detail

Portugal
Chesterfield
DEKOWOLF
The vast amount of customize options in this game is one of its strongest points and something many reviews like to praise. However, too many options can make a confusing experience, plus, add to the fact that English is not my main language, I struggle to comprehend what some of these option features actually do to the game.

Therefore, I would respectfully like to ask for the help of the community to assist me in understanding in detail what each of the following options actually does, and how I can benefit from it to further enjoy the game. I will update the first post with the information provided to keep it simple and easy to find for other players to see.

Bare in mind that I play the PS4 version with a DualShock 4. I have edited the assignments to my liking.

Here are the options I would like a detailed explanation for.

GAMEPLAY:
-Authenticity-
  • Steering Assistance (is this more like power steering or can it actually steer the car with minimal input from the player?)

CONTROLS:
-Configuration-
  • Steering/Throttle/Braking Deadzone (What does it exactly do? Is this the amount of input a player needs to input into the controller in order for the game to recognize this action?)
  • Speed Sensitivity (how fast the car responds to steering input at speed?)
  • Controller Filtering Sensitivity (I actually have no idea what this is)
  • Force Feedback (I know what it is, but, does it affect those playing with a controller rather than a wheel?)
  • Advance, Soft Steering Dampening/Visual Wheel Filtering/Opposite Lock Help (I've tried these both off and on. I see no difference)

VISUALS
-Visual Effects- (no idea what the following mean or even what impact it has on the game)
  • Post-Processing Filters
  • Bloom
  • Global Specular Irrandiance
  • Crepuscular Rays
  • Temporal Level

CAMERA
-Field of View-
  • Field of View Speed Sensitivity
  • Minimum/Maximum Speed Sensitivity
  • Minimum/Maximum Speed Sensitive Speed
  • -Movement-
  • Helmet/Camera leaning (aren't these the same thing?)

These are the options I am having difficulty in understanding. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, and you will be credited for contributing this thread as I plan to make it a fully detailed explanation of every aspect available in the options menu.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a thread like this...one with answers, not more questions :lol:

I just asked pretty much the same thing about the controller settings in a different thread in the tuning section.

It would be great to get this stickied if everything gets answered.

Edit: I recieved this reply in my other thread

Found it very useful. I've manged to get my controller to feel a lot like GT6 after reading the OP in the link, and then fiddling with the settings. It feels like GT6 with way better response and realism (as it should?)

Last edited:
Deadzone is how far you have to push the stick before any input is made. If you leave it at 0% any tiny movements will steer, put it at 10% and nothing will happen unless the stick is pushed 10%.

PP Filters: I think this is the special effects of the game.

FOV speed sensitivity: I think this is how much the camera moves based on how fast you are going.

Deadzone is how far you have to push the stick before any input is made. If you leave it at 0% any tiny movements will steer, put it at 10% and nothing will happen unless the stick is pushed 10%.

PP Filters: I think this is the special effects of the game.

FOV speed sensitivity: I think this is how much the camera moves based on how fast you are going.

This is a copy of a couple of posts I made in the thread below. It explains what the FOV sensitivities do.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/what-sense-of-speed-setting-do-you-use.334726/#post-10985005

The min and max speed settings are the speeds where the effect stops changing. So if min speed is 50 and max speed is 150 the effect will use the minimum sensitivity (% of your specified field of view) at 50mph and below, increasing to your maximum sensitivity setting up to 150mph. After 150mph the field of view will stay at your maximum sensitivity setting.

I have field of view and movement set as follows (I use helmet view)

Field of view
Bumper 68
Hood 70
Roof 73
Chase 65
Cockpit 68
Helmet 68
Rear passenger 90
Field of view speed sensitivity Yes
Min speed sensitivity 95
Max speed sensitivity 115

Movement
High Speed Shake On
World Movement 100
G-Force Effect 100
Show Helmet Yes
Depth of field No
Helmet look to apex 55
Helmet leaning 100
Camera leaning 100

Here's a video with those settings.

The next video shows the effect of the sensitivities set as follows (extremes) in various views.
Min speed sensitivity 75 (minimum)
Max speed sensitivity 175 (maximum)

This last video shows the sensitivity settings reversed so that fov increases (widens) the slower I go). It's probably more useful than the example above if you want better visibility in corners. I'll stick with my normal settings from the first video though ;)
Min speed sensitivity 125 (maximum)
Max speed sensitivity 75 (minimum)

Latest Posts

Back