[ORA] Mazda Touring Car Championship - Series on hold until further notice!Finished 

• Thread starter rcb929
  • 163 comments

What time should the races take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Seaford, New York, L.I.
rcb929
MTC.jpg
Hello and welcome, to the ORA Mazda Touring Car Championship.

Introduction

From it's humble beginnings as a small, cheerful foundation, the ORA has remained constant in it's pursuit to bring the best online racing to Gran Turismo 6. This series is an attempt to emulate the Mazda MX-5 Roadster series. To spice things up a little, tuning will be stock and tires will be RH to pin drivers to the limit. Circuits like Spa Francorchamps to the narrow streets of Monaco will be in this series and a variety of more world famous circuits.

Rules and Regulations

Below are all the links for this series. The amount of link will grow as the series moves forward.

Rules and Regulations
MTCC Points
MTCC Drivers List
ORA Media Thread
ORA Youtube Page
ORA Twitter Page

ALL Races will be in the Online Racing Association Club
Club ID: 1025586

GTP/PSN/Color(Body, Wheels)/Number

Last edited:
Next Event Information's
Saturday, May 16th | 14:00 UTC Start Time
Room Host (PSN): rcb929
Lobby settings

Room Settings

Room mode: P/Q/E
Room Privacy: Club Lobby
Room comment: "[ORA] MTCC | Round 3"
Race type: Race for real
Fixed room ownership: No
Max number of participants: 16
Race quality: High (or higher)
Voice chat quality: Disabled

Track Settings
Track: Silverstone Grand Prix
Weather at race start: 0%
Time: 15:00
Time progression: 1
Weather changeability: Fixed
Surface weather at race start: 0

Qualifier Settings
Race format: Race Alone
Start type: Pit Start
Time limit: 8mins

Sprint race settings
Time limit: 20mins

Endurance race settings
Time limit: 40mins

Race settings
Hold events automatically: Disabled
Start type: Grid start with false start check
Grid order: Fastest first
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Tyre/fuel depletion: Fast
Grip reduction on track edge: Real
Minimum No. of pit stops: 0 Time (Sprint) 1 Time (Endurance)
Require tyre type change: Off
Race Finish Delay: N/A
Visible Damages: Off
Mechanical damages: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real

Car Selection method: Garage
Car filters: Disabled

Filter by performance:
PP limit: No Limit
Power limit: 214BHP
Minimum weight: 795kgs
Drivetrain: All
Tyres: Racing Hards or less
Nitrous: Prohibited
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited

Limit Driving options:
Skid recovery force: Prohibited
Active steering: Prohibited
Active Stability Management: Prohibited
Driving Line: Prohibited
Traction control: Prohibited
ABS: optional

Notes: I have made many changes and updates to the Rules and Regulations. Please make sure you read and understand all of it. The very wide track so I expect very few (if any) incidents.

geS59Os.jpg

Last edited:
I can't stay connected for more than 5 seconds at the moment; entry coming in soon.

Mike458/pp-123/GT6 Polarized 007, GT6 Polarized 018/#45

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to race with some of you, at this moment I don't wanna overly drive as I did last few weeks lol, I'll take it slowly for a little bit and hopefully I'll drive with some of you again in the future.

Good luck guys and I can see very good drivers signed up already 👍

Thanks for the invite! Would love to mix it up with all you guys, especially with no tuning I might have a chance :P.
But scheduling is 1am Sunday my time so bit too late/early for me unfortunately.

Hope it goes well :).

Ok, too bad for the other serie, this one seems interesting and at a perfect time.
I will miss the first two races though...

-vinc'- / oompapowa / colours to be defined / #87

Having done a shakedown run to get acquainted with the car I've opted not to signup for the series.

In stock trim and on a DS3 I'm not feeling much excitement from this car; it feels a bit "too easy" to drive due to the lack of power.

Good luck to all that compete, but it's not getting me excited, sorry.

If there's a version in the future with full tuning and a bit more power, I would totally be up for it since the car has a lot of potential :)

Having done a shakedown run to get acquainted with the car I've opted not to signup for the series.

In stock trim and on a DS3 I'm not feeling much excitement from this car; it feels a bit "too easy" to drive due to the lack of power.

Good luck to all that compete, but it's not getting me excited, sorry.

If there's a version in the future with full tuning and a bit more power, I would totally be up for it since the car has a lot of potential :)
Does everybody feel this way? If so, I will re-reg the car but I like to have tuning prohibited.

Does everybody feel this way? If so, I will re-reg the car but I like to have tuning prohibited.

I don't, as this series is designed for close racing, and because this car has so much grip, you can have full trust in the people you are racing side by side with. If the car had less grip, there would be a higher chance of carnage happening and less chances of close racing. I don't know, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I'd also would like to see a teams system as well to encourage drivers to work together and have some of the slower drivers also have a chance of glory with a fast teammate. If we are going to do a teams system, here's how it would work:

We will do a grading race with the Mazda MX5 race cars around 2 random road courses. The race will be set to a 30 minute Time Trial session, Race Alone, tire wear off. Once the 2 30 minute sessions are over, drivers will be graded on their best lap times added up from both tracks. For example:

Race 1: 1:10 best lap
Race 2: 2:40 best lap

Total: 3:50

The total will be used in the grading. Once all of that is over, drivers will be graded as follows:

1st to 5th place: Gold Rating (3 team points, will be explained below)

6th to 10th: Silver Rating (2 points)

11th to 16th: Bronze Rates (1 point)

Teams will be formed of 2 drivers, and a total of 4 team points. The team selection order will be done in the finish order of the grading (1st in grading picks their teammate first, 2nd picks their teammate second, etc.). You can have one Gold driver and one Bronze driver, or two Silver drivers.

The team points will be both drivers' combined scores throughout the season.

I don't, as this series is designed for close racing, and because this car has so much grip, you can have full trust in the people you are racing side by side with. If the car had less grip, there would be a higher chance of carnage happening and less chances of close racing. I don't know, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I'd also would like to see a teams system as well to encourage drivers to work together and have some of the slower drivers also have a chance of glory with a fast teammate. If we are going to do a teams system, here's how it would work:

We will do a grading race with the Mazda MX5 race cars around 2 random road courses. The race will be set to a 30 minute Time Trial session, Race Alone, tire wear off. Once the 2 30 minute sessions are over, drivers will be graded on their best lap times added up from both tracks. For example:

Race 1: 1:10 best lap
Race 2: 2:40 best lap

Total: 3:50

The total will be used in the grading. Once all of that is over, drivers will be graded as follows:

1st to 5th place: Gold Rating (3 team points, will be explained below)

6th to 10th: Silver Rating (2 points)

11th to 16th: Bronze Rates (1 point)

Teams will be formed of 2 drivers, and a total of 4 team points. The team selection order will be done in the finish order of the grading (1st in grading picks their teammate first, 2nd picks their teammate second, etc.). You can have one Gold driver and one Bronze driver, or two Silver drivers.

The team points will be both drivers' combined scores throughout the season.
Or, We just let people choose their teammates.....

Changing my car colors.

Mike458 / pp-123 / Azurro, Pegasus White / 45

Mike458 / pp-123 / Lavander, GT-FLOURESCENSE 02/ 45

Practice room open in the club lobby.

Closed.

Practice room open again in the club lobby.

Closed again.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to announce, but the Pre-Season Testing Race has been canceled. The season will start April 18 at Daytona Road Course as planned. See you guys then. :)

I'm sorry to announce, but the Pre-Season Testing Race has been canceled. The season will start April 18 at Daytona Road Course as planned. See you guys then. :)

Bad news, I cannot make the April 18th race as I am leaving for Seattle that time.

EDIT: Never mind, I will be able to make it, just.

Last edited:
300890-6089d6c061c52d24470bad6baeafca7b.jpg

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce that the MTCC has made a partnership with the Online Racing Association. This will be the first series to be sanctioned by the ORA. I, myself, am extremely excited for this partnership and will be expecting a great future for this series. Thank you to all ORA administrators for your help and I hope this series delivers to the fullest.

Thank you

Latest Posts

Back