• 55 comments

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
The Online Racing Clubs & Championships Association Presents:

All-Proto 2.4 Hours of Le Mans

NOTE: AT THIS TIME WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING YOUR TEAM NAME AS AN ENTRY. DO NOT ANNOUNCE YOUR CAR SELECTION!!!

The 24 Hours of Le Mans is one of the most prestigious and challenging endurance races on this earth. It combines the strategy and endurance of man and machine, pushing the boundaries of speed to the thresholds of safety. This tribute event, in an attempt to capture that sensation of the real race, will thus not be for the faint of heart or the ill-prepared!

At this time, we are accepting teams who are interested in participating in this event. You do not need to have an existing team in order to apply and can form your team later. Simply state your team name and which sub-class you would like to participate in (See 'Entry Application Format') but do not name which car you will be using! Once you have decided on which exact car you would like to use, Private Message me on GTPlanet. Do not make your car selection lightly as you will not be permitted to change it!

SCHEDULE
Testing, Development, Team Creation // Present - June 14th
Online Performance Check #1 // May 25th
Group Testing Assigned // May 25th
Deadline for Car Selection is // June 1st
Online Performance Check #2 // June 1st
Driver Confirmation Deadline is // June 8th
All-Proto 2.4 Hours of Le Mans!! // June 15th
Note: All events are schedule for 7pm GMT

If you are interested in this event, even if you're not sure you'll be able to drive in it, I will accept your Team's entry. You should then gather other members to work together to set up a car and then work out who will drive the car come closer to race day.

It's important to see you, your entry, and your car as separate entities to ensure optimum quality for this event and your competitors. Work with a reserve driver or drivers who would be willing to fill in your seat should you be unable to enter come race day (and they find themselves available). I'd like to see every entry have at least 1-3 reserve drivers depending on how many entries that team has made.

There will be an Overall Race Winner, and two class winners. There is no restriction on the amount of cars that can be entered but you are forbidden from listing which car you are entering. Only your team and testing partners will know prior to the event.

The classes are self explanatory:
C-Class
Jaguar XJR-9
Mazda 787B
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
Nissan R92CP
Porsche 962C

P-Class
Audi R18 TDI '16
Porsche 919 Hybrid '16
Toyota TS050 '16

V-Class
Alpine VGT (Gr.1)
Audi R18 TDI '11
Audi VGT (Gr.1)
Bugatti VGT (Gr.1)
SRT Tomahawk VGT Gr.1
Hyundai 2025 VGT Gr.1
Mazda LM55 VGT Gr.1
McLaren Ultimate VGT Gr.1
Nissan GT-R LM NISMO '15
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP '10
Peugeot L750R Hybrid VGT (Gr.1)
Toyota TS030 '12

Manufacturers Trophy
In the event that at least three (3) brands receive multiple entries, there will be a Manufacturer's Trophy granted to the brand that has the highest finishing second car.
Due to GT Sport's tire wear nature, there will be an additional award given to the highest finisher overall using the standard Playstation 4 DS4 Controller.
42 Laps
Tire Wear: x2 Fuel Consumption: x3

GT Sport's Balance of Performance will be in effect!
Tuning will be unrestricted, so make sure you test and develop your car thoroughly.
Tires will be Softs, Mediums and Hards. Currently there will be no restrictions and your tire choice is up to what strategy you choose to run.
Tire Wear and Fuel Consumption is TBD and will be announced a few weeks before the event.
Damage will be on in Full, so be prepared to keep out of the wall as well as other competitors as mistakes will be costly!
Corner cutting penalties will also be on. Penalty serving rules will apply and are TBA.
Contact and collision penalties are TBD.
You will be required to have maintained an S-Class Sportsmanship Rating prior to the start of the event
It is strongly encouraged that a driver form a team with friends and other members to help prepare their entry. (If you are interested in this event but fear you might not be able to participate, reach out to competitors to be part of their team!)
Teams are permitted up to two driver entries, but they may not enter the same class. Teams may have any number of testers, tuners, or reserve drivers!

We will likely hold group test sessions prior to the event to allow you to gauge your pace and performance against some of your competitors. There will also be private testing groups assigned that will permit assigned competitors to test together unrestricted.
-Team Name-
-Car Number-
-Class (If Undecided, leave as "TBD")-
-Controller Type (Wheel/DS4)-
C Class
TEAMS
1. Team Jimmy Jimmie #72 W
2. Slightly On Fire Racing #55 DS4
3. "Team Tiltems" #1 W

P Class
TEAMS
1. Millenium Falcon #71 W
2. Team Jimmy Jimmie #93 W
3. Slightly On Fire Racing #27 DS4
4. S.Sport #51 DS4
5. Dirt Star Racing Team #17 W

V Class
TEAMS
1. Virtual Endurance Racing Team #25 DS4

Reserves List
1. Dreamspeed Team APEX #21 (V Class)
(And More)
As would be expected, your livery must maintain a level of courteous decency and should not include (nor allude to) vulgar language or imagery.

Paint Layer Restrictions:
Matte and Fluorescent Matte is prohibited
Half Matte is permitted
Chrome is permitted but should be at minimum 65% "masked" by Decal layers
All other colors and textures may be freely used.

Decal Layer Restrictions:
Decal textures should be Gloss or Semi-Matte
Matte and Powder are prohibited

Sponsorship Restrictions:
One of ORCCA's growth goals is to increase the promotion of online racing on the whole, and that includes helping our racers obtain sponsorship. To eventually meet that goal, we are barring the use of real primary sponsors aside from those listed below.

LEGEND - "Primary/Primary Sponsor" The largest logo to appear on the car, the logo that sets the theme for most of the car's livery.
"Secondary/Secondary Sponsor" Optional. The second largest logo to appear on the car. Can influence the theme of the livery and should have it's own field of color but doesn't need to
"Associate/Associate Sponsor" Minor logo, might appear in a small box, rectangle or oval containing a contrasting field of color.

Primary and Secondary Sponsors
You are not required to run Primary/Secondary sponsors if you do not wish.
Primary and Secondary Sponsors must be from GT Sport's Fictional Brands or
You may use GTPlanet as a primary or secondary sponsor.
You may use Gran Turismo or Polyphony Digital as a primary or secondary sponsor.

Associate Sponsors
Gran Turismo and GTPlanet must appear as Associate sponsors if not used as primary sponsors.
Your vehicle's manufacturer logo and their associate motorsport-related logos (NISMO, TRD/Gazoo, etc) are permitted to appear as associate sponsors. You may run one of each decal and they can only appear once on each side of the car.
You are permitted to run your Wheel Controller Manufacturer logo on the car as an associate sponsor. (Logitech, Fanatec, Thrustmaster, etc).
DS4 Users are permitted to run the Sony logo as an associate sponsor. This is the only time the Sony logo is permitted to be used on an entry.
You may use non-fictional lubricant, fuel and tire sponsors. You are permitted to one of each.
Please ensure that fuel and lubricant sponsors are sister brands (Shell/Pennzoil, Castrol/BP, etc)
Note: APEX and bURN are Fictional Oil and Fuel brands, should you choose them or wish to run them as a primary/secondary sponsor.
Please take care to ensure that all sponsor logos are legible and visible and above a sufficiently contrasting field of color.

Team Livery Regulations:
Team Entries should either share exact colors yet use differing designs or
Share designs while using differing colors or
Share both colors and designs.

Personal Sponsors and Team Logos:
These are absolutely permitted and encouraged to be used! If you have a sponsor (even if, say, for Go-Kart or RC Car racing as an example) in real life, you are freely able to use their logo/logos. Additionally, if you are a part of an e-sports or GTPlanet racing team, you are permitted to run their logos and livery. I do ask that you try to keep the base design (non-logo) of the livery within the Paint and Decal layer restrictions, but I am willing to approve exemptions.
Number Plates:

Special thanks to @Maninashed
Note: The Number Plates are roughly the required size and should not be up or down-scaled much.

Number Fonts and Restrictions:

Number fonts may be selected at your pleasure with only the following restrictions.
The number's "stroke" should be unbroken (no military style stencil fonts, for example)
The stroke should not vary drastically in width (no "vintage" style fonts)
All numbers should be painted GT Sport standard black
Numbers should not overlap and should maintain an amount of spacing between them to theoretically allow a single straight line to be drawn between them.
Outlines are permitted but should be sufficiently small to ensure the number is distinctly visible.
Drop shadows are not permitted.
Numbers and Number Plates should be sufficiently large enough to be legible while the car is in motion at speed.
Numbers should be contained wholly within the middle box of the number plate.
Numbers should be sufficiently small enough to allow the background of the number plate to have at least 30% visibility.
Members of a Team do not need to share a font.

The following users have uploaded numbers onto GT Sport that are pre-approved:
Pandi-GP: CnF Number (0-9) and CnF Number S2 (0-9)
JPS-3: "Number" 0-9
okasan_joestar07: WELGT number (0-9) and SGT_number (0-9)
Dalejrfanfreak: Avenir (0-9) and Eurostile (0-9) Note: Militia is prohibited
criminalrobot: British GT (0-9) and DTM (0-9)

You are permitted to use other number fonts if you wish, but please submit them to me for approval via PM discussion. (You do not need to make a new discussion if we already have one)

Placement Restrictions:
Your number plate should appear between the front and rear wheels and no amount should extend above the belt line of the body work as established by the top of the shortest wheel well.
Select V Class entries are permitted to place the number plate aft of the rear wheels should the bodywork make clean placement difficult (Alpine VGT comes to mind)
You do not need to place number plates in any other location on the car if you do not want to. Only the left and right sides are required!

This thread will be updated and flushed out over the coming weeks so please check back!

If there is sufficient interest in the run up to this event, it could be used as a spring board for a series that will consist of 1.2-2.4 hour races at tracks like St. Croix, Fuji, Catalunya, Nurburgring GP, Monza and more.

Last edited:
I'm interested if the time slot works!

Question.. I hardly ever do sport mode so surely my Sr rating doesn't mean anything, does it?

Last edited:
I'm interested if the time slot works!

Question.. I hardly ever do sport mode so surely my Sr rating doesn't mean anything, does it?
I understand that. SR is not a massive indicator, but it does let me and your competitors know that you have, at least in GT Sport's eyes, a grasp on minding your surroundings. If you have participated in other events on GTPlanet and can have someone (a fellow competitor from a series you participated in or the organizer of said series) vouch for your cleanliness, I would accept that as an alternative to a Sportsman rating of S.

In my experience, the Sportsman Rating is not hard to improve on with only a few races in Sport Mode as long as you focus on racing clean over getting a good result. It only took me a day doing 3-4 races to get my Sportsman rating from D to S, and the same when I had to recover from A to S after it dropped later.

For you, the start time will likely be around 8PM that I'm aiming for, though this could end up getting adjusted +/- an hour or so.

I recommend making a team entry and developing a car anyways, then working together with a few people to get your car ready for the event. You don't have to commit to driving (or even have a committed driver) until a week or so before the event. Consider your entry in this event as one from a Team Manager's perspective, rather than a driver. I strongly discourage solo efforts, though by no means am I against them!

Last edited:
I understand that. SR is not a massive indicator, but it does let me and your competitors know that you have, at least in GT Sport's eyes, a grasp on minding your surroundings. If you have participated in other events on GTPlanet and can have someone (a fellow competitor from a series you participated in or the organizer of said series) vouch for your cleanliness, I would accept that as an alternative to a Sportsman rating of S.

In my experience, the Sportsman Rating is not hard to improve on with only a few races in Sport Mode as long as you focus on racing clean over getting a good result. It only took me a day doing 3-4 races to get my Sportsman rating from D to S, and the same when I had to recover from A to S after it dropped later.

For you, the start time will likely be around 8PM that I'm aiming for, though this could end up getting adjusted +/- an hour or so.

I recommend making a team entry and developing a car anyways, then working together with a few people to get your car ready for the event. You don't have to commit to driving (or even have a committed driver) until a week or so before the event. Consider your entry in this event as one from a Team Manager's perspective, rather than a driver. I strongly discourage solo efforts, though by no means am I against them!
He is indeed a very clean driver. He has raced in the TSR series a couple of times.

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting.

Registering the entry of @BigJimmy and I.

Team name: Jimmy Jimmie
Car number: 71 & 93
Class: C & P
Controller type: Wheel x2
#71 has already been selected!

I'm assuming 93 applies to the P entry?

Slightly On Fire Racing
P
DS4

It's rare for a good length endurance race to suit a UK timezone on a day I can do, and these are my favourite kind of races.

Thank you for your interest guys! Entry list has been updated.

Additionally, Livery and Number plate rules and regulations have now be released. Please be sure you read over them carefully! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me if you haven't already.

Also, be sure to Watch this thread for updates if you haven't already.

UPDATE

Number Plates:
Alright, number plates are up and added, please ensure you apply the correct number plate to the correct car. The Icon should link you to the correct number plate!

Tire/Fuel Regulations: Tire Wear and Fuel Burn testing are underway and should be locked in quite soon. (Currently testing 5x-6x Tire wear and 1x-2x fuel burn)

Also, I believe the Tire Strategy rules are going to change. What I'm thinking is that you may select one "Free" compound of tire that you'll be able to use as many sets as you like. After that, the other two remaining compounds will only be available once. For pre-race practice and qualifying, this will count against your tire usage for the race. The other compounds MUST be used at least once, additionally.

Ex:
  • If you select Soft Compound tires, you will have Softs freely available to you, but you must use Mediums and Hards at least once.
  • If you select Mediums, you might decide to qualify on Softs, but you will not be permitted to use them again and you'll have to use Hards at some point.
  • If you select Hards, you can choose when and where to deploy your Medium and Soft tires during the race/practice/qualifying.

Let me know what you think.

Reserve Drivers/Testing Drivers/Non-competitor team members:

I've added some additional emphasis on this in the OP and will mention it here, too. For the sake of your competitors, I'd encourage you guys to fill out your team while you develop your cars and seek out a soft commitment or two from those you know who might be willing or able to fill in for you should you be unable to race come June 15th.

I realize it's hard to schedule that far in advance, but due to the nature of this event, I feel it will be difficult to find short-term replacements with developed cars to fill in if someone can't make it. Thus, I'm asking everyone to consider themselves and their entry as separate entities, so that you can offer your fully developed and tuned car + strategy to a replacement driver should you be unable to attend. This way we can retain a full grid, a replacement won't feel like they're on the back foot, and your hard work to set up your car won't go to waste.

Also, reach out to Tuners and invite them to the challenge of helping set up your entry. I will be happy to help promote a Tuner and their thread if they align themselves with your team.

I plan on doing more of these types of BoP On/Tuning Open events so your team building now doesn't have to end with this event!

Last edited:
x5/x6 is a big multiplier for a 1 hour race, let alone a 2,4 hour endurance. I believe either x1 or x2 would work.

x5/x6 is a big multiplier for a 1 hour race, let alone a 2,4 hour endurance. I believe either x1 or x2 would work.
That may be! It's still not finalized and that was just what I was testing today.

My goal is 9 tire changes on medium tires, to replicate the amount of tire changes in the real race.

Last edited:
I understand authenticity, but 9 changes in that time is sure to ruin flow? That would be every 17 minutes per stint meaning a pit stop every 5 laps. Given that’s on mediums, softs will last a lot less. Just some constructive criticism.

I’m interested in participating if the timing works out that’s I can, this could be a lot of fun.

If available I’ll take...
Number - 1
Team - CnF Racing
Car - C Class
Input - T300RS GT

Last edited:
I understand authenticity, but 9 changes in that time is sure to ruin flow? That would be every 17 minutes per stint meaning a pit stop every 5 laps. Given that’s on mediums, softs will last a lot less. Just some constructive criticism.
Nothing is decided yet! I can assure you a stint wouldn't be so short though.

UPDATE

Tire Wear Testing News
So my math was wonky and yes, 9 tire changes would be.... aggressive.

The goal now will be roughly 5 stops for Medium tires throughout the race. This will reward those who want to run Hard tires while put the pressure on those who want to run Soft tires. I'm afraid @CrazyJohn might not like the solution I arrive at to get this, but the goal is to try to simulate a 24 hour race in 2.4hours. I also want you guys to have a few opportunities to relax your hands and run to the bathroom if needed

Again, the plan is that you'll pick one compound you get to use freely, and then will have to use the other two compounds at least once (including in qualifying/practice).

Strategy is going to be paramount for this event. Do you run an Enduring Car on a fast strategy? Do you run a Fast Car on an endurance strategy? Fast on Fast? Enduring on Endurance? etc. Do you set up the car to be easy on your tires and adjust your driving? Do you focus on grip and performance and just go for an extra pit stop?

I'm very curious to see what you all do! I'll have exact settings for you by next weekend and these will be the settings for the event. I want you all to have as much practice as possible before the race, so once they're finalized, they will not be changed again.

Last edited:
Alright gentleman, I'd like to hear a PM from @RoadRageDudez and @si_berian_tiger about what cars they were thinking about for P Class as I might be mixing things up given the lack of interest thus far for V-Class.

I love the VGT's and I like that they have a "true" Prototype feel and diversity, but I understand that some people simply loathe them and I'd rather have 15 entries than a skeleton grid due to me forcing VGT's down everyone's throats.

The idea is that the '15 and older LMP's in P class will be moved to V-Class alongside the VGT's.

@RoadRageDudez I am afraid that the #1 has already been selected so I must ask you to make another selection. Sorry for the inconvenience my friend!

Tire Wear Finalized

• x2 Tire
  • x3 Fuel
This might affect the aforementioned plans in regards to Tire restrictions as the Tires will last longer than had previously been planned when those were announced. However, after testing was done with... more extreme tire wear (12x and 10x) it was determined that Group C and DS4 competitors were going to have a very bad time, so the focus has instead shifted to a fuel-oriented strategy which is more in line with how Le Mans is anyways.

V Class has Officially Been Re-organized

The Vision GT cars have now been joined by the Peugeot 908, Audi R18 '11, Toyota TS030 and Nissan LM NISMO GT-R '15. P-Class is now solely for the 2016 LMP's from Audi, Porsche and Toyota.

Last edited:
Someone said this is where the cool kids hang out.....

Sounds like a cool race event! I'll try and make some time to help between now and June 15.

One question about tuning, would I be helping just one team, or any team?

Jerome

Someone said this is where the cool kids hang out.....

Sounds like a cool race event! I'll try and make some time to help between now and June 15.

One question about tuning, would I be helping just one team, or any team?

Jerome
Any team that reaches out to you. You can help as many or as few at your leisure.

Please ensure that information doesnt cross between teams, especially regarding their car selection.

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm!

Any team that reaches out to you. You can help as many or as few at your leisure.

Please ensure that information doesnt cross between teams, especially regarding their car selection.

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm!

Certainly, I don't want to ruin the spirit of the series :cheers:

Jerome

Back