ORDL Touring GT Series Season 1 - German Touring Car Super Cup

• Thread starter kris8583
  • 99 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
New ORDL thread is now live, however, this event will continue to run here. Once this Event has been completed this thread will be closed.

If you signed up for the Stock, Road or Touring Series you will be eligible for the new Race Series that will replace them.

Dates are to be decided for the new Race Series Event - Ferrari F430 06 Cup but we will accept requests to be put on the entry list now via the new thread.

Evo

Anyone getting near the 2min mark on Suzuka?

I hope the fast runners aren't getting much faster because i couldn't get under 2min3sec

I hope the fast runners aren't getting much faster because i couldn't get under 2min3sec

Not me Spatt, mind you I have been zooming around Nurburgring GP/F thinking that was the next round for some reason! Think I had best get my ar*e to Suzuka today for a bit!

OP has been updated:

New members: Gray999, Saf1 and NUFC_1989_ have been added. I have teamed some of you up already so please decide between you which car will be used. Dont forget its 1st come 1st served so post choices here please.

Joshthegreatjr - Please contact me today before the race, if we do not hear from you then you will be removed from the league. PSN PM has also been sent.

Evo

Last edited:
Good, maybe you'll be out of practice... i think i remember you saying Suzuka was a strong track for you during the Lexus series though :(

I raced round deep forest raceway track the other day for the first time :embarrassed:

Good, maybe you'll be out of practice... i think i remember you saying Suzuka was a strong track for you during the Lexus series though :(

I raced round deep forest raceway track the other day for the first time :embarrassed:

Its a preferred track of mine but fuji is my favourite. Will be some interesting battles around some track and deep forest may be close!

so people dont think im insane.... when i said deep forest raceway i meant the reverse version. :P i'v never had a race on it and thought it was excellent.

so people dont think im insane.... when i said deep forest raceway i meant the reverse version. :P i'v never had a race on it and thought it was excellent.

Had a quick practice in the CLK, down to 1:59.336 so far.Sorry Spatt :)

Revers course is quite good there for lower PP cars, will feature in event soon.

Good race tonight guys, sad to see simon get dc.

Will update standings in the morning. Had a few no shows from newer members. Hope to see them at round 3.

OP and standings updated. Our new website gallery is now available for pictures of the action in each event.

Gallery

Evo

Gray999 has taken the astra team phoenix car ready for round 3. Members who still need to sort teams and car will need to do so before round 3 or will be removed from event.

Saf, nufc, vag and josh, please PM me with your choices. If any of you wish to join gray999 then its 1st come 1st served.

Nufc has confirmed he is running the R8. As with Gray999 any entrants who have not chosen a car or team yet can join either of these. Depending on how many join or confirm before the next round some drivers may be teamed up by admin.

Evo

OP updated to reflect recent car choices. Saf and Vag are still to chose. Joshthegreatjr has been removed from the ORDL.

Testing session my lounge tonight 9:20. Everyone welcome to come and run laps and can have a photo sesh too

Testing session my lounge tonight 9:20. Everyone welcome to come and run laps and can have a photo sesh too

Sounds good, i was going to suggest that people get there favorite cars washed up ready for a photo shoot, i'v only just realized what 'panning mode' actually does so i think we could get some great shots for the site.

Sounds good, i was going to suggest that people get there favorite cars washed up ready for a photo shoot, i'v only just realized what 'panning mode' actually does so i think we could get some great shots for the site.

Spatt, here is a link from this weeks rewind found in the news section;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4247438#post4247438

Gives a great oversight into photo mode and all the options within.

Are you putting your name down for the Ferrari event?

yes, thanks for reminding me. i'm having trouble finding the thread for the Ferrari event? i suppose all the info is on the website so i can get the car bought and run in.

yes the info is great i noticed it a few days ago ;) didnt think you could do so much... cant wait to run (with permission) some kind of photo of the month competition. I think we should keep it within the ORDL it will be more fun and bring us closer perhaps? ;)

yes, thanks for reminding me. i'm having trouble finding the thread for the Ferrari event? i suppose all the info is on the website so i can get the car bought and run in.

yes the info is great i noticed it a few days ago ;) didnt think you could do so much... cant wait to run (with permission) some kind of photo of the month competition. I think we should keep it within the ORDL it will be more fun and bring us closer perhaps? ;)

Here's the info for the new thread Spatt: ORDL New Thread

Looking forward to seeing your photos again. Been missing them from the early Lexus Rounds :)

Here's the info for the new thread Spatt: ORDL New Thread

Looking forward to seeing your photos again. Been missing them from the early Lexus Rounds :)

Totally agree and I do think it would bring the group closer together. Sorry Spatt, forgot to add the link for the new thread but that is where all future events will be run from, across all series.

Now everything will be under one roof, I would encourage members to post photos and im sure we can free up space in one of the OPs to place photos up for the months award.

Hope to see you all online tonight for a practice spin, especially our newer members - please remember there is a race tomorrow!

I wont be able to make round 2 guys.... going out for my brothers birthday... there's a chance i might be back in time but wanted to make sure you didn't hold back for me.

Evo sign me out of this cup i wont drive in it as long as you accept r8 lms for DTC.
This says it all
http://www.oryxracing.com/audi-r8-grand-am/index.html

It have nothing to do with the German touring car championship But as i said sign me out if your not goin to change it.

I dont see the r8 in the 09 championship list for first race @ hockenheim

http://www.dtm.com/de/Historie/DTM-Saison-2009/Hockenheim/2009-05-17-Ergebnis-Rennen.html

Theres no r8 in the 2010 season aswell

http://www.dtm.com/de/Historie/DTM-Saison-2010/Hockenheim/2010-04-25-Ergebnis-Rennen.html

Last edited:
But as i mentioned before if your not goin to change this i personally will not be driving more in this and i think many more will follow cause its just not fair to take an LeMans series widebody overpowered car into a race with dtm cars that are following the rules.
And yes the r8 can be trimmed down and yes you can give it more weight and yes you can do alot but it wont be fair anyway.
Besides that its got a whole 538bhp with 595pp and thats with 0,0km thats 63bhp more than the merc clk touring car and 55bhp more than the astra touring car in my oppinion thats alot of bhp extra.

Last edited:
The R8 LMS is rear wheel drive. The only car on the list that is 4 wheel drive is the Calibra (which to the best of my knowledge ran in DTM along with the 4X4 Alfa Romeos). As none of the races appear to be running in the rain I would think a 4X4 would be a hindrance. But each to their own.
I would also add that (nearly) everything Ed has said is true but has omitted two rather important points: 1-The CLK is by far and away the best car on the list. 2- Where this race series differs greatly from DTM is where DTM is probably the pinnacle of touring car racing in the world this, in comparison, is just a computer game, a very good computer game, but a game nonetheless.

Last edited:
The R8 LMS is rear wheel drive. The only car on the list that is 4 wheel drive is the Calibra (which to the best of my knowledge ran in DTM along with the 4X4 Alfa Romeos). As none of the races appear to be running in the rain I would think a 4X4 would be a hindrance. But each to their own.

teckle your right it was a miss type i have changed it now and your right the 4x4 isnt forbidden in the dtm serie but if you allso take in the fact that the r8 isnt a part of the carlist in dtm and its a part of the north american le mans series its got no place in this event in my oppinion and dont come and say that 50+ bhp extra isnt an advantage regardless the surface and track + its got way more downforce than any dtm car have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back