• 5 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
For the mks program...

I wondered if I can actually drag the header and move a car in the garage.

I would really like it if I could organize the cars and know where each car was.

Someone was kind enough to hook me up with a game save that had everything on it, but Im looking to have a garage that is permanently set up in an organized manner.

So... Can you drag the header in the mks 3.8 gteditor to move a car in the garage?

Will it cause any damage to the coding?

Is this safe and/or is it a bad idea?

Thanks for the help.

You can not add or delete cars with MK's, just change them. The last time I actualy tried to organize my garage by dragging the cars around, it ended up freezing on me, but that was with an old version. I ended up exporting each of my cars, and importing them back in the order in which I wanted them, plus then I have all the individual cars backed up on my PC, making it easier to swap them around from save to save.

Good idea with the back up, rather time consuming though... just like what I did ;), took a while for me:D

I got the go from you guys and starting dragging headers. (I backed up the game just incase though)

Put down an awesome order. So lets see, set up for default garage order, starting from bottom...

hybrids
f1's
rally
high end proto types (gt-one and all that)
lower model protos (zonda race, gt40, etc.)
Non japan gt models (oreca, camaro race, c5r)
DTM cars
high end jgtc by model (supra, nsx, skyline)
all other lm japan cars
low end race cars (spoon race, clio race, silvia race)
high end non race
the rest down in order of potential. (*imo)

Thanks for getting me on the right track.. now I know where everything is.

btw, I was using v3.8 mks so the car numbers got rewritten when I "wrote/saved" the garage.

later...

Back