Original Tracks as DLC?

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 47 comments
Likewise for the possibility of Pike's Peak - don't we have the inference that it'll come with the Escudo revamp and that SX4 (I think) which is for that track?
As well as the Tajima E-Runner electric hill climb car. But Goodwood is a hill climb so they might be intended for that, although I would love to see Pikes Peak back in GT. :cheers:

In 2011 or 2012, Kaz announced GT6 was being worked on, can someone provide for info on this? the 25 track logos were added on January and March 2011, It supposedly takes 2 years to make a track. Montegi was released 1.5 years later and Apricot Hill 2.5 years later, coincidence? I think not.
I doubt it takes that long to make a track and considering they are from previous GT's it really shouldn't take that long. I think they've been working on the tracks since then, but they've only released a few so that they would be able to have a lot for DLC.

But PD already have the models of these tracks from previous GT's so all they need to do is clean them up a little bit then release. PD aren't stupid enough to make a track they've already got the file for from scratch...
Nah, it's never good to cut and paste content from older consoles. The GT5 versions of Autumn Ring and Trial Mountain are proof of that. So are, you know, 800 standard cars. They should start fresh.

Nah, it's never good to cut and paste content from older consoles. The GT5 versions of Autumn Ring and Trial Mountain are proof of that. So are, you know, 800 standard cars. They should start fresh.
If they did that then we would probably only have 300 cars and about 25 track locations which is just not acceptable. Personally I didn't think that the standards looked that bad, I was only disappointed by the customization of them.

At this point I would take standard tracks of original courses if that ment the only other option was them not returning at all do to modelling. Tracks like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, etc,; in all likelihood there base models started from GT3/GT4 track models, PD probably spent a few months updating textures, replacing objects (trees) where needed etc,;

Returning tracks could use data from the last game GT had it, but a lot more can be worked on. In comparison to playing Autumn Ring from GT5 to GT PSP (remember PSP version was a direct copy of GT4 tracks), a lot of visuals had changed, including Trial Mountain, and surprisingly, Grand Valley Speedway. I think it was PD's intent to make the courses look old due to lack of funds the fictional racing course company has to improve it's facilities :lol:

Seattle visuals from the NSX Concept video looked out of date, but considering the course will not be in the vanilla GT6, the visuals could be worked on and to be released soon. The footage of new Seattle must be in alpha stage.

But then Seattle being a real life street course, it's track size could not be altered. Original circuits however could be this. High Speed Ring from the PlayStation days was wider and you can lap the course without using brakes with a Silvia K's S13. GT4's however was much tighter and wasn't a high speed course in the end, as a result of the course become smaller in size. PS3 version finally made the track feel faster, and had updated visuals and weather.

Original circuits can be altered, but it would use the same data it was shared with the PS2, unless it was altered in such a way the size and feel had changed completely. Then, there is a chance it comes back with a bang featuring day/night cycle and weather.

If they did that then we would probably only have 300 cars and about 25 track locations which is just not acceptable. Personally I didn't think that the standards looked that bad, I was only disappointed by the customization of them.
And I would welcome that. Frankly the whole quantity over quality mindset PD has embraced bothers me. You don't need a thousand cars and a hundred tracks to make a great game. You only need the right ones.

As far we know, the only ones that have a chance of returning are Seattle and SSR11. But they can throw up more original GT circuits as well.
I dont know much about moddeling and such, but PD already have the tracks from GT4 done, as in road, buildings, design. All they have to do is retexture, add more detailing here and there so they could be good to go for GT6. I mean seems far more easy than completely scanning a real circuit and doing it from scratch, as well as doing a whole new original circuit all from scratch, at least they got the GT4 files, which can be improved and brought to GT6. So there is a good chance we see some of them in future DLC's.

And I would welcome that. Frankly the whole quantity over quality mindset PD has embraced bothers me. You don't need a thousand cars and a hundred tracks to make a great game. You only need the right ones.
One of the things that I was disappointed in GT5 was the lack of car variation. 37 Mazda MX-5's? Really? We don't have the Ferrari F50, 250 Tesstarossa, Lamborghini Diablo, Bugatti EB10, + so many more and don't even get me started on Porsche... all of which Forza has, but now with Forza 5 only having 200 cars at launch, with a lot of the favourites missing PD can capitalize because they have 1000 more cars than Forza which will be a major selling point.

Start fresh? Bad idea, then we would be back to GT3 times with just a few cars and tracks. I wouldn't have fun with that.....

to start fresh isn't possible with such a big game.

but now with Forza 5 only having 200 cars at launch, with a lot of the favourites missing PD can capitalize because they have 1000 more cars than Forza which will be a major selling point.

It's a selling point, I agree - right up until you consider that 800 of those 1200 cars are at last gen quality. When you're sacrificing the overall polish of the game just so you can put a bullet point on the back of the box, you're priorities aren't straight. GT5 (and likely 6 as well) just looked silly with its gorgeous premium models in these picturesque environments, racing against ugly, blocky standard cars with awful blurred textures. You could make the same argument for tracks as well. At some point you just have to take a step back and scrap legacy content, because playing the numbers game never works. It's unsustainable. And when you look at games like GT3, that had a tenth of the content but were received much more positively than GT5, that says something.

Edit: I was using the mobile app and accidentally hit the post button before I was done :dunce:

Last edited:
It's a selling point, I agree - right up until you consider that 800 of those 1200 cars are at last gen quality. When you're sacrificing the overall polish of the game just so you can put a bullet point on the back of the box, you're priorities aren't straight. GT5 (and likely 6 as well) jist looked silly with its gorgeous premium models in these picturesque environments, racing against ugly, blocky standard cars with awful blurred textures. But this isn't a standard car thread and I'll
Dude, I'm sure Polyphony fixed the standards already.

the only positive thing i see in Forza 5 is that they've the F50, F12 and the Agera. there's not even the Nordschleife in it lol

Back