Our B-Spec conquests. What did Bob do for you?

Bob has earned me over 10 mil so far, and I only use him while my girlfriend watches her tv shows, an hour or so per night, so he's used his time well lol.

I put the tv into two screen mode, make bob's screen as small as it can be, so the tv screen is as big as it can be, and that way I can see when he's finished a race, to restart him. He just loves grinding 24h 'ring in his x-bow r lol.

Well, I finally got around to logging in some serious time with Bob in career mode with my alternate account.

I breezed through all of the S level races with no input. Completely set and forget. The rubber band AI is more forgiving to Bob than me. If there was a chance Bob would not catch the lead in the last lap they would always pit for Bob.

I used the Xbow, GTR Stealth for the two GT500 events and the Chapparal 2X for the last event.

So far Bob has won the 15 Minute Nurburgring Race, the Dream Car Championship, and the GT World Championship while I've been studying for tests the past couple of days. Now I need to see how he does in the Rain Masters event.

Bob John (I call my B-spec guy that) won race one of 'Like The Wind' in a LM55 VGT.

He kept crashing in the next few races, so I gave up with John and I now do the driving myself.
My driver is a woman and her name is Bob Bobbette. :lol:
She's got a perfect record at the 24-minute Nurburgring challenge. Seven wins from seven races there so far.

facepalm.gif

bobbette.jpg

Bob won the NASCAR race at Daytona for me. He really took some coaching, but came good in the end. Being able to instruct him to change lanes helped with keeping the drafting pack at bay over the finish line. And his main strength is, the other cars don't seem to be able to spin him with as much ease as they can spin ME...:banghead:

For me, Bob barely clutched a race win in the 24Mins of Le Mans in the Chaparral 2X. For those of you unfamiliar with the electric cars, they are an absolute pain to run with in endurance races, because no matter what, each time you pit in, you have to fully re-charge the battery (at least it's an express charger, but still, they have really long pitstops). My chaparral 2X was detuned to 750PP by adding 200kg ballast and applying a power limiter to bring the power down, resulting in 850BHP/650Kg.

On the plus side, the 2X can out-speed anything and everything on the Mulsanne straight. Problem is the car can only barely do two whole laps before requiring a recharge.

It was the last lap. The car had just cleared the Porsche curves when the car had suddenly slowed - the battery had run out of charge with mere metres to go. The car had to crawl through at pit-lane speeds to avoid sliding to a halt. As the 2X crawled past the pit-lane entry, the car behind - A Pescarolo C60 Hybride - was close to completing its dogged pursuit of the LMP of the future. The Pescarolo driver was pushing his damndest to get ahead while the 2X was practically a sitting duck. However, the gap was just too large to surmount. The 2X crossed the line just as the Pescarolo had reached the middle section of the Ford Chicanes.

I couldn't believe Bob's luck. If the line had been placed midway between the exit of the Ford Chicanes and the entrance into the Dunlop Curve, then Bob would've been staring at the spoiler and eating the exhaust fumes of the Pescarolo. It was one of my closest-run victories using B-Spec for completion purposes rather than grinding.

Unfortunately the other entries I've tried with bob, have resulted in less-than-desirable outcomes. The most common of which was bob spearheading the barrier at the Mulsanne corner with the Nismo GT-R LMP1.

Reading this all over again reminds me that my Bob has become a huge lay-about. Never races, never makes me any money, just looks over my shoulder criticising my performance while I'm sweating over Seasonals.
The thing is - i don't really need any money - the Seasonals are lucrative.

Maybe I should just fire Bob.

Latest Posts

Back