"Our" Thoughts on GT6

Australia
Bathurst
Froudeybrand
I am sad to say that GT6 is bad, after 1 year, 1 month, 29 days it purely is sad / bad. GT5 wasn't the best game but you could actually play it for longer then 10 minutes without getting board. The physics are poor in most cases, some cars they are great other cars they are WAY OFF the whole Vision GT cars are stupid, how can you have real world physics for a car that will not exist ever (referring to that laser car) I am not the best driver but I have my moments of greatness (until I fail and truck up a corner hahha)

Until Kaz and the PD team wake up to the fact that "Standard" (as it stands now) cars are not acceptable, GT6 has all the GT5 cars that was ported from GT4 that was ported from GT3. So you get cars with square jaggared edges and it looks terrible.

I honestly think if Project Cars doesn't bomb (like all the PS4 racing games to date) I think GT7 will sell like a glittered and polished turd some people will buy it but that's it. GT6 just wasn't fun where as GT5 was. It's simple cut and pasting cars from older versions of the game without putting in extra work to give them interiors ect.. is the height of laziness. How can they call any GT "new" when half the game was programmed 10 - 15 years ago from PS1 and PS2 respectively.

The thing is that GT6 had the potential to be a great game a final hoorah to PS3, but nope The track editor "rumor" would have been great using real world streets to create ya own "race" track would have great. Livery editor would have been awesome.

We can only hope all the content gets upgraded (or completely scraped and built from the ground up) for GT7. I would bet we will see "standard" cars but if they're not going to revamp them or do anything to them then that's it people will certainly be done buying anymore PD products.

A year after GT6 release it's been to long to have these features implemented into the game. They boasted about livery editor, track editor and monthly DLC. We can safely say like GT5 pre-luanch that was purely used to help sell it, it just taking the piss. Like the new painted rear wings oh joy.

For most people GT6 was the final straw for them after all the bull and lies they have said that was meant to be in there and hasn't happen yet, nor will it ever happen, stuff Vision GT & Concept Cars we'd rather more of the old school cars from all over the world (Australia, UK, Germany to America).

I honestly think GT would be better if they didn't focus on racing but more on the driving cos it meant to be "the real DRIVING SIM" isn't it? Not the real Racing Sim (that title is taken by iRacing ha), the challenges off the older GT games were about driving fast more then the racing in some peoples opinions. Racing was used to make it a game an fill it out

Again GT5 wasn't the best game but it is a better game all over GT6 by far even GT5 servers are a lot more stable compared servers now, and most likely it will be a better game then GT7 too, who cares if all most people are interested in cars of the future there are far better cars in the past that have character and don't all look the same.

I just hope they do a complete rehaul of the game for PS4 after they said it's way easier to develop for, so, here's hoping. With the PS4 it easier to develop games on so shouldn't take to long to get there heads around, what they need to do is take there time an get it rite, maybe go back to how GT4 was layout 'cause the consensuses is that it was perfect (as perfect can be).

This is pretty much a summed conversation between a group 10 people that has known each other for about 5 years via PSN and other means. So blast away, agree disagree it won't hurt my feelings hell I might agree with ya.

You might want to work on the grammar, because it's easier to read when the grammar is correct.

• Physics. I don't agree that it's poor. Top speed is too high, it's probably the wind resistance that is too low. It does have a big impact on tracks like Route X and Daytona, but less of an impact on other tracks. Low speed (like, just above 0) physics is a bit dodgy as well, the way that cars tend to slide. But for circuit driving I'd say that the physics are pretty good. They could always be better, simulation is just a representation of reality, it's never 1:1 with reality.

• How can you have real world physics for a car that doesn't exist? Because physics is universal. The same principles that apply to a real car applies to a fictional car as well. If you look at the laser car, the physics are realistic but the technology is not (yet?).

• It's not a fact that standard cars are not acceptable, it's an opinion. And there are different opinions on that matter. However, the standard cars had a bigger role to play in GT5 because of the shuffle racing. In GT6 it feels like it's more of a library. Personally I don't mind standard cars, especially not to race against them. It's more fun and immersive to drive premium cars because you get a detailed interior and all the light and shadow inside the cockpit, but some of my favourite cars are standards so I would miss them if they were gone from the game.

• GT7 is all speculations. There's almost nothing known about the game at this point so it's kind of pointless to speculate on how well it will sell. Also, where was the Ford GT40 Mk I copy-pasted from? Where was the SLS AMG GT3 copy-pasted from? Where was the Audi R18 copy-pasted from? Where was the Alpine A110 copy-pasted from? And so on and so forth. Sure, you can isolate certain parts of the game and say that these could be done better and you can even claim that it's "lazy work" but if you look at the full picture you need to realise that upgrading 800 models (which means you need to remodel them from scratch because you can't simply add more polygons to a low quality model and make it high quality) is a monumental task. Is it lazy not to build the pyramids?

• Modelling and programming is not the same. Some assets were modelled years ago, but the game wasn't programmed years ago. The standard car mesh is imported from earlier games, but that's all.

• I agree that the track editor would be awesome to have and a livery editor would be even greater. I must have missed the part when they boasted about a livery editor though.

• I don't understand any of this, so I'm not so sure that it's something we can safely say: "We can safely say like GT5 pre-luanch that was purely used to help sell it, it just taking the piss."

• My experience is not that GT5 servers were more reliable than GT6 servers. I used to get disconnected a lot from GT5 but in GT6 I'm rarely disconnected from a lobby. I used to need a wired connection in GT5 but now I'm on wifi. But maybe it's just my internet connection that has improved?

• I think GT needs more racing, not less. The rolling starts where the leader is already half a lap ahead of you (out of a 5 lap race) is what is ruining the racing experience in my opinion. Under those conditions it simply isn't enough to be the fastest driver on the grid to win, you need to be so much faster than everyone else to stand a chance at the podium. Racing is fun when it's close, gains should be measured in 10th or 100th of a second. You can still get that if you find a good lobby online, but the single player experience needs to be changed to accomplish that as well. The first step would be to have the entire grid starting together.
    But I also like the idea of more free driving, to have a sandbox mode. Just not on the expense of having less racing content.

I disagree entirely about the physics. GT6 has the best physics of any GT game to date, not perfect by far, but still the best compared to previous games.

GT6 doesn't focus enough on racing, that is; realistic racing. We need more realism in the racing, not less racing imo.

Agree mostly with the rest though.

................Don't use a wheel, so I can't say whether physics is broken or not, but it feels darn good to me on a DS3. Single player portion IS a.....joke. Offline racing content seriously needs a rethink, that's for sure. But for punting around a track you dig, in a ride you actually named "Darlene", GT6 is very hard to beat. Note I DO NOT name my cars Darlene. :D

I can't disagree with your opinions because they are your opinions. I would suggest moving on to something else for comparison sake and see what else there is to offer. Project Cars is an obvious choice but not if you just want a fun driving game because it's more of a hardcore racing simulator as opposed to a driving game like GT is. There's no economy, no buying or customizing cars, no garage to build etc...it's purely about racing. Forza is likely your only comparable option at this point or waiting for GT7.

I can't disagree with your opinions because they are your opinions. I would suggest moving on to something else for comparison sake and see what else there is to offer. Project Cars is an obvious choice but not if you just want a fun driving game because it's more of a hardcore racing simulator as opposed to a driving game like GT is. There's no economy, no buying or customizing cars, no garage to build etc...it's purely about racing. Forza is likely your only comparable option at this point or waiting for GT7.

Its not just my opinion, it's a summed up conversation between a group 10 people that has known each other for about 5 years via PSN and other means. Started playing GT5 every night with large groups of people in one room, GT6 came out after the novelty wore out we havn't touched it since,

Its not just my opinion, it's a summed up conversation between a group 10 people that has known each other for about 5 years via PSN and other means. Started playing GT5 every night with large groups of people in one room, GT6 came out after the novelty wore out we havn't touched it since,

Of the people I know in real life who played GT5 and GT6 most have stopped playing. Four because they have now got PS4's and don't play PS3 games anymore (three of those are more into shooting than racing). One has given up because of the frequent large updates. One gave up because the track creator has not been released. Another has virtually given up - he doesn't have a wheel, but uses my wheel and game whenever he calls round.

So that just leaves me - as games I think both GT5 and GT6 are very poor, but I expected GT6 to be a poor game. I am not disappointed because GT5 and GT6 in my opinion, only come alive if you play online with friends particularly if you race in online leagues or race series.

I am annoyed that Shuffle racing was deleted - that was inexcusable as well as inexpicable - there was the potential to retain the feature and thanks to the increased car list, enhance it.

Quick Match is poor and no substitute for shuffle racing.

For repeated play the game needs an event creator and the career mode needs a total overhaul - at the moment it comes across as a token effort by people who know nothing about motorsport, its history or how best to present it.

The physics and force feedback through the wheel are significantly improved in GT6 compared with GT5 so I can't agree with you on that one.

Of my online friends, most are still regularly racing, but all want improvements - typically track creator, better sounds, event creator, livery editor / more customization.

I won't mind if the offline career mode / game in GT7 is also poor provided that the above improvements and enhancements are made. I still get a lot of enjoyment driving certain cars round my favourite tracks and don't see that changing any time soon. The online stability seems to have improved, but there is still room for improvement.

It is one of the best if not the best racing game. For GT7 they should make improvements in all departments though. I think Pcars will set a good benchmark to aim for so hopefully they are looking at others games

Nah, GT5 was terrible too, it just looks cleaner so it feels like it has more quality to it. In fact, these games, by ''these'' I mean last gen games including Forza 4 and Shift 2 aren't aging very well but hey, GT5 is almost 5 years old and the other 2 are almost 4. GT6 has no place in this world, that's why its flaws are even more evident. They need to kill it already and move on to the next installment. Pretend it didn't exist.

Nah, GT5 was terrible too, it just looks cleaner so it feels like it has more quality to it. In fact, these games, by ''these'' I mean last gen games including Forza 4 and Shift 2 aren't aging very well but hey, GT5 is almost 5 years old and the other 2 are almost 4. GT6 has no place in this world, that's why its flaws are even more evident. They need to kill it already and move on to the next installment. Pretend it didn't exist.
I still play GT5 a lot on my other PS3 because I have a lot of fun, and would not say that GT5 was terrible but that's your opinion, you are never going to get a GT game that all players that play it, say that game is perfect you are never going to get that in the game. GT5 I still very much enjoy that game, GT6 is ok and could have been better but I will still play it so it must not be bad game.

I guess our group of 20-30 people that play GT6 on a daily basis online and offline wouldn't agree with your groups opinion.;)

But , different people ,different opinions, so I don't mind if someone doesn't like GT and find more fun with some other game.

PS:I quited GT for 6 years (after#4) , but then I come back when #6 was released for the same reason > got bored of other "racing" games I played in the meantime.:lol:

Gran Turismo has been riding the coattails of it's ps1 and ps2 success for a while. Gran Turismo 3 might have been the best in series, gt4 was a bit of a let down but infineon was a nice short lived addition.

I believe gt is the way it is because fans let them get away with it. Better engine sounds have been promised as long as I can remember, and they series always takes forever to get something new. Once something new comes along its frequently underwhelming at best because we were promised it three years ago and after all the wait and hype anything new is pretty much a let down, because poly is more concerned about a stupid tv show, and photography mode. I play this game because it's pretty much all there is for PlayStation.

If any fans step back and look at the series objectively gt for the past many years has been a bad joke, with the creators working on things that no sim racer is asking for, like expanding an already very dumb and little used photo mode.

My bottom line is "Is it fun to play the career mode? Is it fun to run the seasonal? Is it fun to race in arcade mode?
Do you and on-line friends gather frequently to race, talk and goof off?:indiff:

Answer? Not as much. Either Sony, PD, Kaz or all three have sucked the life and fun out of GT. Engine sounds that are the joke of every simm racing reviewer in the world. Unrealistic handling adjustments. No damage model. No new (real world) cars or tracks. Not even bringing back past tracks that users voted for.

If somehow Project Cars brings back use of Logitech G25/27 with their release, Grand Turismo will be dead. In fact if PD/Kaz plan to carry standard cars into GT7 it's already dead. The game just doesn't make you want to play it anymore. All of GT's "IT" factor has been lost. 👎

Logitech g27s won't be used on ps4. If you want to look at the current state of gran turismo just check out 90% of rooms in the lobbies. Drag racing at Indy, ss route 10, drifting, etc. That's fine that people do that but a huge majority of rooms are for that type of racing, how that's even possibly on a "siml racer is usual.

Back