outside wheel scrub

• Thread starter Damo420
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
x-The-One-420-x
why does the outside front wheel scrub so hard on most cars ? 6 hours of tuning and it still scrubs no matter what :/ seems its like this with alot of cars

anyone else having scrubbing issues on the front outside wheels on all the cars (most) ?

thanx for input but i tryed this also , cars a 50split to so not a issue being front heavy either :/ the thing is it seems alot of cars have over the top outside wheel scrub and to be honest i not exactly a noob to tuning but i really cant figure this out ive tryed everything possible that would cause the outer front to scrub and nothing seems to cure it ... could it be tht i have my steering sensitivity at +2 ? cant see how that would affect the car to make front wheel scrub at hi and low speed cornering , even jus changin lanes on a straight cars seem to scrub on outer wheel :S

Are you using a DS3? If so, do you have high toe settings? I know a few people think in gt5 they needed upwards of +/- 0.30 toe settings to be able to turn the car.

yes i am using ds3 , when u mean toe do you mean front or rear toe ? in or out angle ? im pretty good with toe angles and had a play with this last night for about a hour did make a little difference but front out side wheel still scrubbed pretty hard , this really has me baffled as ive tryed everything that could be the problem but no matter how big or small i make differences in any tunable soloution it doesnt seem to cure the scrub somethings made it a little less likely to scrub but nothing to the point that i would say the scrub had been fixed ..... its got me baffled lol

-Okay, first this time: the outside front tire is the one that takes most of the force when turing and going forward. That's just how it is. Camber is used to adjust this, and if tuned correctly should have both tires flat while cornering at the cars absolute grip limit.
-Any toe settings. I generally use negative front and positive rear toe.
-Are you braking on time or trying to late brake and coming in too fast?
-Increse front compression by 1 and extension by 2, leave rear compression as is and raise ext. by 1 (my general settings for FR cars so far, seems to work well)
-What drivetrains do you notice this on mostly?
-What car are you working on? I tuned an RGT at 500PP that lights up all tires except the outside front if you push it too hard.

-Okay, first this time: the outside front tire is the one that takes most of the force when turing and going forward. That's just how it is. Camber is used to adjust this, and if tuned correctly should have both tires flat while cornering at the cars absolute grip limit.
-Any toe settings. I generally use negative front and positive rear toe.
-Are you braking on time or trying to late brake and coming in too fast?
-Increse front compression by 1 and extension by 2, leave rear compression as is and raise ext. by 1 (my general settings for FR cars so far, seems to work well)
-What drivetrains do you notice this on mostly?
-What car are you working on? I tuned an RGT at 500PP that lights up all tires except the outside front if you push it too hard.
ive only had this problem with FR cars so far , we tune the same or similar by sounds of it , i literally played with stance toe camber ect ect for few hours andthen tryed few other things and no result really it seems this game just generally off with front end pysics as far as scrubbing , cars shouldnt be scrubbing like that when the driver is only on half steer in a corner at 65mph , what causes this over the top scrubbing is beyond me but fronts should not scrub at all when half steer is applied at a mild speed of 65 specialy when the corners angle isnt even close to sharp and running RM tyes !

and there is the reason after the whole weekend of looking at this .... i know my dampers as rebound/bump and therefore had myextension/compression the wrong way round LOL !!!! so ive sorted that out and yup the cars running much better ... there is major wheel scrub though in most cars that have no tune and thats due to the stock tuning on the toe/camber as the man above explained but also most cars i found have very very bad damper balance between extension and compression settings and this seems to make the scrubbing alot worse than it really is

to me being new to gt would say PD have the worse stock tunes ever (most cars) and thats how they made fine tuning much more effective and rewarding .... would this be a correct statement

rebound higher than compression if by compression you mean bump ? compression also being 25% less than rebound

Back