Oversteer, countersteer and "pendulum effect"

• Thread starter Cu3e
  • 1 comments
Finland
Finland
bergele
Hi, this is my first post on the forums. Been a long time reader.

I suck at setting up the car. It is a lot of trial and error at Tsukuba, time that I would prefer using racing :)

The one thing that takes the most time for me is trying to setup the car to have a balanced, controllable oversteer. Most cars seem to be setup by default to understeer too much for my taste. I want to be able to get the rear slip just enough to turn tightly into to the corner so that I can accelerate early and apply countersteer without lifting gas too much.

The problem is that when trying to achieve this many cars get to unusable state where when trying to recover from the oversteer the car launches into a pendulum motion from left to right and only way to recover is completely lift gas which is not desirable...

What is the "correct" way to correct this effect in GT6? In my experience setting dampers to 1 seems to do it with most cars but that seems silly to me... I have also played with the LSD settings but I must admit I do not know what I am doing :confused:

So if possible, could someone post the most direct steps to get default settings of any car to a "controllable oversteer" setup, please :bowdown:

Hope that makes sense, thanks!

Back