Overview of GT7 Telemetry Software

• Thread starter snimat
  • 151 comments
Hello everyone!
First of all I'd like to thank to all telemetry program developers around here in this forum! I use gt7dashboard in a W10 laptop with docker compiler and works like an absolute treat!

I'm writing here, namely to @snimat, about whereas there will be an update to the gt7dashboard. I noticed in the gt7dashboard that there isn't available a gearing graph like there was in GT6 in the native telemetry menu and I was wondering an update on gt7 dashboard including that improvement and also the adition of a g-force polar graph.

This idea came to my mind this weekend while was joyriding through the Tokyo Expressway loop, with the BMW Z4 GT3 car in circuit experiences. I noticed that sometimes i could the curve that goes through the minitunnel in 5th, othertimes in 6th gear, depending on my braking zone and pressure. From an in-depth analysis point of view the gearing graph is a must have :)

Nonetheless I still find gt7dashboard a very well structured program. It is a very fine workpiece that I found myself lucky to experience for lap time analysing, and for free!

Kind regards!

There is an „improvements“ branch with a gear graph. I will have to update the documentation and will integrate it into the main branch hopefully soon.

There is an „improvements“ branch with a gear graph. I will have to update the documentation and will integrate it into the main branch hopefully soon.
Thanks for the quick feedback! I'll be waiting for the 1.2 version (maybe by Christmas eheh)
Kind regards!

You can run the improvements branch today. It’s as „simple“ as the main branch.
Ahh I see... I thought the improvements branch was only to inform what is ongoing but without giving access to other people. Thanks a lot, tomorrow I'll dive on that. Do you know if the new build can "catch" info on telemetry done with the older build, like the 1.1?
I'm sorry because I don't know much about github 🙃

hi, any help for this?
1699203522485.png

Edit: Now work! I installed other python

Last edited:
Very interesting topic and great effort from you guys in creating all of these.

I'd like to use telemetry first of all to confirm the feeling I have when I drive. Am I trailbraking the way I think? Am I jittering with the throttle?

Given my environment it's quite cumbersome to have the Pc available, so I'm wondering if there is a way to run the gt7 interface from the phone (android) to check later on what happened with motec?

zjn

I'd like to use telemetry first of all to confirm the feeling I have when I drive. Am I trailbraking the way I think? Am I jittering with the throttle?

Given my environment it's quite cumbersome to have the Pc available, so I'm wondering if there is a way to run the gt7 interface from the phone (android) to check later on what happened with motec?
Yes you can.
1. There are native Apps for iPhone or Android which can be used as a Dash. For this no PC is needed
2. There a certain program and tools which are written for Windows or runs as python scritps. Hint: some are not working under Windows because they are using unsupportet lib (like Signal for example) which doesnt work well unter Windows
3. Use "Simhub" as a swiss army knife to fetch the Telemetry to feed certain Dash Apps (forward to a Internet Browser or Monitor or control bass shakers, butkicker or wind machines.

I currently add GT7 support to the Lovely Dashbord:
ld.png

Regards
Joerg

Attachments

• ld.png
    ld.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
zjn

The Android apps at the moment as far as I know do not log any data and just display it in real time.
If you want to look at data after the fact then you will need to run a PC, myself I got a cheap laptop (10yr old i5) to run SimHub and the Gt7-to-Motec.
Works great, if you want to log anything just grab the laptop and start logging, does not take up heaps of space and if its on wifi does not even need to be in the same room.

Yes you can.
1. There are native Apps for iPhone or Android which can be used as a Dash. For this no PC is needed
2. There a certain program and tools which are written for Windows or runs as python scritps. Hint: some are not working under Windows because they are using unsupportet lib (like Signal for example) which doesnt work well unter Windows
3. Use "Simhub" as a swiss army knife to fetch the Telemetry to feed certain Dash Apps (forward to a Internet Browser or Monitor or control bass shakers, butkicker or wind machines.

View attachment 1320500

Regards
Joerg
Will have to try out the Lovely Dashboard for GT7, awsome dash so happy you now support GT7

Yes you can.

View attachment 1320500

Regards
Joerg
thanks for the response, but I'm not looking for real-time dashboards, as I think the one you posted is, rather something like Motec, that would show you the trends of the laps after the fact.

Yes you can.

View attachment 1320500

Regards
Joerg
I really wanted Sim Hub just for that 'Lovely Dashboard'. However I am sure I read/heard on YouTube that your PS5 needs to be physically connected to a PC in order for it to run (even just for displaying on a mobile). So, I am hoping that is old information. At the moment I am using Sim Dashboard - does a great job of integration but no screen looks as good as that one. Joerg, if you are reading this, could you let me know how it is done?

I really wanted Sim Hub just for that 'Lovely Dashboard'. However I am sure I read/heard on YouTube that your PS5 needs to be physically connected to a PC in order for it to run (even just for displaying on a mobile). So, I am hoping that is old information. At the moment I am using Sim Dashboard - does a great job of integration but no screen looks as good as that one. Joerg, if you are reading this, could you let me know how it is done?
No it works over wifi. It needs LAN, no firewalls and a network port but I’ve had no issues using it for my bass shakers

No it works over wifi. It needs LAN, no firewalls and a network port but I’ve had no issues using it for my bass shakers
I would only want it for mobile dashboard. With Sim Dashboard all I need to do is input the Lv4 IP address from PS5 and it is linked. Nice an simple. How does it work with Sim Hub as it isn't an app?

I would only want it for mobile dashboard. With Sim Dashboard all I need to do is input the Lv4 IP address from PS5 and it is linked. Nice an simple. How does it work with Sim Hub as it isn't an app?
Well… I’d say it is an app. It’s a Windows application. Pretty sure it can find the PS5 automatically (make sure your WiFi profile is Private) but on the SimHub settings there’s a place to put your PS5s IP if if it can’t find it.

I’ll boot it up later and take a screen shot

Edit: Even better there’s a help guide here https://github.com/SHWotever/SimHub/wiki/SimHub-Basics----Games-config-and-troubleshooting

IMG_2676.png

Last edited:
Well… I’d say it is an app. It’s a Windows application. Pretty sure it can find the PS5 automatically (make sure your WiFi profile is Private) but on the SimHub settings there’s a place to put your PS5s IP if if it can’t find it.

I’ll boot it up later and take a screen shot

Edit: Even better there’s a help guide here https://github.com/SHWotever/SimHub/wiki/SimHub-Basics----Games-config-and-troubleshooting

View attachment 1323272
Thanks, will have a look at that guide. When I checked Sim Hub website earlier I went to supported games and Gran Turismo 7 wasn't there 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks, will have a look at that guide. When I checked Sim Hub website earlier I went to supported games and Gran Turismo 7 wasn't there 🤷🏻‍♂️
Maybe its not listet on the Website but its supportet > 1.5 years and mentions often in the release notes. Your PC which needs to run Simhub doesnt need a "physical" conection to your Playstation. Whats needed is a Wifi or Lan connection and iam pretty sure that all of your devices are in the same subnet or at least in 2 subnets (one for Wifi and than Non-Wifi).

Simhub than can export a Dash/Overlay to different devices (DDU, another Windows Monitor, Browser, Philips HUE, Shaker,Buttkicker and a dozen more) through differents modes like USB connected or Ethernet because its offer an Webserver under http://ipofyourpc:8888. The later one can be reached from every modern Smartphone which have an Browser installed.

I use "cheap" vocore USB Screens in 5 and 6.8" which are cabled to the PC and direct supportet from SimHub.

You can leave Simhub out of the game when just use the existing dedicated Apps for Android or iPhone. If you like that than you can consider to bring the PC/Simhub into the game.

If i have some time i will send GT7 Infos through a REST API to the Philips HUE Bridge and the conneted light bars to simulate Temperature/Speed(Limiter). Simhub its a juge playground and you can have unlimted toys :)

Regards,
Joerg

Last edited:
Wifi is typically always LAN and occasionally WAN. LAN doesn’t mean “connected by cable”. LAN = local area network, WAN = wider area network, Internet = International Network.

The issues you will get with Wifi is that you don’t always get the same IP address as typically the device isn’t always connected.

They will most definitely need to be on the same subnet, unless you have a very specific home network.

If possible, I’d recommend giving your PS5 a static IP if using WiFi on your home network. That way your router will always give the PS5 the same IP address and you won't have to keep checking it every time you want to use SimHub.

Check the guide on connectivity issues by @Famine for more - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/read-me-first-gran-turismo-7-connection-issues.405967/

Last edited:
I have updated gt7dashboard to version 1.2 with the following changes:

• Added engine RPM logging
  • Added gear logging
  • Added fuel calcuation
  • Added boost logging
  • Added yaw rate logging
  • Added helper scripts (run.ps1, run.bat, run.command, run.sh) for Windows, Mac and Linux
  • Added lap saving as JSON
  • Add missing documentation
  • Upgrade to bokeh 3.2.0
  • Upgrade scipy 1.10.0
  • Add doc about speed peaks and valleys
  • Fixed background logging. gt7dashboard will now log laps in background even if the browser window is not active
  • Major refactoring of the main method

I have updated gt7dashboard to version 1.2 with the following changes:
This is an excellent project. Thank you for your work! It's super convenient to be able to fire it up in a Docker container whenever needed. I've been using it to chase gold in the weekly time trials, comparing my laps to a reference lap generated from a leaderboard replay.

I'm still learning how to best use the data, but so far, I've found the Time Diff graph the most helpful to quickly identify where I am losing the most time.

zjn
I have 0 knowledge on docker, is there any quick tutorial for it?
Docker is a platform that allows you to run applications in their own isolated environment called a container. Many open-source projects have ready-built containers you can use, making application deployment pretty easy. With gt7dashboard, you have to build your own container, but the author provides instructions (and a Dockerfile) so that you can build your own.

What system might you install this on? I have mine running on a home server that runs a host of other home automation and media services, so the Docker solution was the most convenient for me.

Th
Docker is a platform that allows you to run applications in their own isolated environment called a container. Many open-source projects have ready-built containers you can use, making application deployment pretty easy. With gt7dashboard, you have to build your own container, but the author provides instructions (and a Dockerfile) so that you can build your own.

What system might you install this on? I have mine running on a home server that runs a host of other home automation and media services, so the Docker solution was the most convenient for me.
Thanks
I'd like to run it on a need base on my home pc, equipped with win10

Hey guys, I tried with GT Sport, but unfortunately it`s not working, no data arriving.
Any hint, as I heard, GT Sport is also broadcasting/delivering telemetry data...

GT Sport works as well as GT7. Which program or app did you try?

The GT Sports Servers are shutdown in 02/2024 and online multiplayer are not working any more.

Regards
Joerg

GT Sport works as well as GT7. Which program or app did you try?

The GT Sports Servers are shutdown in 02/2024 and online multiplayer are not working any more.

Regards
Joerg

Good to hear. But I just launched GTSport and started the gt7telemetry script, like I did with GT7.
Do I need to configure something in GTSport ?

Ah, I just found an info @reddit:

GT7 : UDP ports 33739 and 33740 GT Sport : UDP ports 33339 and 33340

So i just need to replace the ports in the script and it will work, I guess. Will try it later :-)

Back