Pace car & GT's Skyline..

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeSwyft
  • 33 comments
  • 3,786 views

DeSwyft

(Banned)
Messages
137
I recently learned there's a Gran Turismo Skyline and a Gran Turismo Skyline (Pace Car). These two cars aren't different in any way (stats-wise)? m asking this because it reminds me of the 2 Pescarolos, even their the same models, one's better than the other. Also, these GT R34 aren't much different than a regular R34?
 
well, the pacecar indeed is regular R34 with flashing lights and special racing livery. the other looks pretty much the same, but without lights and with about 500bhp as stock. the first one can be tuned to 900bhp, whereas the latter one can reach whopping 938bhp, which makes it most powerful R34 in the game. only bad side in them is that they don't accept wing..:guilty::indiff:

but who would like to have a wing slowing you down when one has to keep up with the likes of LMP's and group C monsters?:sly: :trouble:
 
About those Pescarolo's.

I don't know all the details, but although they are both listed as being the same model they are from two different years, and being race cars I am sure that there are incremental improvements in chassis and aero in the '04 vs the '03. The biggest difference, though, is that the '03 has a Peugeot 3.2 litre turbo V6 while the '04 has a 5.0 litre Judd V10 (normally aspirated?? - not sure)
 
About those Pescarolo's.

I don't know all the details, but although they are both listed as being the same model they are from two different years, and being race cars I am sure that there are incremental improvements in chassis and aero in the '04 vs the '03. The biggest difference, though, is that the '03 has a Peugeot 3.2 litre turbo V6 while the '04 has a 5.0 litre Judd V10 (normally aspirated?? - not sure)

What's your point? That's off-subject.
 
You mentioned the Pescarolos in your post - he was just clarifying those:

DeSwyft
it reminds me of the 2 Pescarolos, even their the same models, one's better than the other.

Though I'll point out that they're not the "same model". One is a Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugeot (Peugeot engine in a Courage-made C60 chassis, run by Pescarolo) and the other is a Pescarolo C60/Judd (Judd engine in a Pescarolo-made C60 chassis).
 
The Non-Pace Skyline has a slightly different body on it, too. It looks a Little like the Nismo R-tune.
 
Not to mention the honking great flashing light bar on the roof.

It's a pity the AI don't take any notice of it really. You could win any race with it - just qualify on pole and force the LMPs to stay behind you...
 
It's a pity the AI don't take any notice of it really. You could win any race with it - just qualify on pole and force the LMPs to stay behind you...

They won't?????

:grumpy:

oh well . . . :sly:
 
oh well, tune it to 900 hp and use it like a police car..
 
At first, i thought everyone would like slow down and stay behind the pace car, like N64's "Beetle Adventure Racing", the Police Beetle can use its siren and any nearby beetle would stop, best part was if you hit one of them at about 50-60 mph (i think) their car would shatter. However, if you hit them above 100 mph, both cars shatter.
 
To be honest, the PaceCar doesn't take much notice of you when you're driving the One Lap Guide licence tests (most notably at the Nordschleife, where it is extremely difficult not to overtake the stupid thing), so why would it have any effect on cyborg LMP drivers :p

DE
 
I HATE the pace car in the tests.

The amount of decent times I've been cost because of that car getting in the way... And if you even tap it.. Ooooohhhh..

It just assumes you're a slow driver for some reason or another. :\
 
It just assumes you're a slow driver for some reason or another. :\


But if you lower your speed, so will the Skyline's. It's only at the corners/curves where you can catch it up. In the first part of the 'Ring too, but other than that, it's kinda hard to catch up with.

I never really liked the pace car's style and I was deeply disappointed when I got it and tuned it to the fullest.





Ciao!
 
Ozzy
But if you lower your speed, so will the Skyline's. It's only at the corners/curves where you can catch it up. In the first part of the 'Ring too, but other than that, it's kinda hard to catch up with.
Yes, but it will not go above a certain performance ceiling, which should be way above the capabilities of the car you're using for the test, but it sometimes isn't. It goes far too slowly in certain high-speed areas of the Nordschleife, and I found myself having to stay out of his slipstream at three-quarter throttle just to avoid overtaking :indiff:

DE
 
It's only at the corners/curves where you can catch it up.
It is obscenely hard not to pass him from Dottinger Hohe all the way to Tiergarten. And when you throw the brakes at the end of Tiergarten, it gets even harder.
That being said, I still got Gold the first time out, as I did on S16.
 
It slows down too much, on long fast sections you can tell the pace car is only cruising and especially on D'Umbria it brakes far too early, on some occasions I was adjusting my cornering to make sure I had room so as not to catch it, as opposed to putting in a fast lap.

It should at the very least be optional, if there at all.

That said, it's a nice car.
 
of course they're nice cars, 900bhp power over in any corner are absolutely nice , especially when we're talking of AWD car.. :trouble:
 
It slows down too much, on long fast sections you can tell the pace car is only cruising and especially on D'Umbria it brakes far too early, on some occasions I was adjusting my cornering to make sure I had room so as not to catch it, as opposed to putting in a fast lap.

It should at the very least be optional, if there at all.

That said, it's a nice car.

That's AI controlling the pace car..(-. -) If you haven't notied the AI can pretty much conrtol any car in w/e setting as a normal car.. even a drift setting..

Posts 12 - 17..

Stay on topic, I'm not discussing about License AIs driving the pacecar and how much it infuriates you.. This Thread was a question about the difference between a Pacecar and the Non-Pacecar skyline..
 
That's AI controlling the pace car..(-. -) If you haven't notied the AI can pretty much conrtol any car in w/e setting as a normal car.. even a drift setting..

Posts 12 - 17..

Stay on topic, I'm not discussing about License AIs driving the pacecar and how much it infuriates you.. This Thread was a question about the difference between a Pacecar and the Non-Pacecar skyline..

You've just ignored an ON topic question, to complain about a handful of off topic posts discussing something that was bound to come up anyway in this thread... :/

Anyway, getting back to the ON topic question... I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer. The only Gran Turismo Skyline I knew of was the pace car, but then again I haven't looked at the Nissan show room in ages. :/
 
i have a p/c tuned to 600hp and its pretty funny watching it chase around cars with more power in replays.
 
Bbbbbb-ut, thats OFF SUBJECT!
 
<off topic>yes i do i always lose and i dont really wanna share the replays but i may do an update of my gallery with it<off topic> sorry about the off topic part to seem a little offensive

Well yes they are different the P/C has 336 hp just to be exact and the non p/c has 541 they both have sports suspension when you get them and just as was said before by leionade they can be modified. does that help any?
 
...It goes far too slowly in certain high-speed areas of the Nordschleife, and I found myself having to stay out of his slipstream at three-quarter throttle just to avoid overtaking :indiff:

DE

It is obscenely hard not to pass him from Dottinger Hohe all the way to Tiergarten. And when you throw the brakes at the end of Tiergarten, it gets even harder.
SIZE]


Yes, it's pretty slow on that area. But why don't you guys just push him up until you get to the hairpin? Don't rear hit the car, just get close enough to it and start pushing it. It shouldn't be really hard at all.

I'm talking about Kilometer 5 Schwedenkreus just before hitting the Aremberg hairpin.






Ciao!
 
Ozzy
But why don't you guys just push him up until you get to the hairpin?
Because it's not much faster, and it's against OLR rules ;)

The thread question was answered in the first reply, so I have to ask why it is still rattling along, on the edge of falling into the flame canyon.

DE
 
The thread question was answered in the first reply, so I have to ask why it is still rattling along, on the edge of falling into the flame canyon.

DE


Nahh come on, what flame canon? I'm just saying, there are ways around it.

Because it's not much faster, and it's against OLR rules ;)

Ohh that's different situation. ;)







Ciao!
 
Ozzy
Nahh come on, what flame canon? I'm just saying, there are ways around it
The one I've had multiple trips to to try and rescue the 300mph Club thread :lol: I didn't mean you, anyway :) more like post 21 and similars.

Ozzy
Ohh that's different situation. ;)
I wasn't doing it for OLR, but it's nice to feel good about it :dopey: if you just remember that you don't need to pass the pacecar to get a fast gold, it's OK, but knowing you can and get an even faster time is frustrating.

DE
 
Back