Pad users, do you plan on sticking with it?

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 46 comments

GT Sport plans so far?

• Sticking with DS4

Votes: 51 63.0%
  • Plan to upgrade to wheel

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Will play seriously with both

Votes: 15 18.5%

• Total voters
Add poll option please - I plan on using both.

So far I've only used controller. My G25 is at my moms house and I don't want to spend money making it work for PS4. So I'm planning on getting a wheel setup, I just need to research which one I'll get. Casual races with controller and Sport races with wheel, that's how I think I'll play when the game comes out. It feels nice on the DS4, but I stilll want to use a wheel from time to time.
For $60 bucks you can make your g25 wheel work. Much cheaper than a new wheel! I was in the same situation with my g27 and the cronus max works as advertised.

I use both. Mostly been using the sticks since they feel pretty good and i haven't felt i'm at a huge disadvantage yet.

I plan on getting a wheel before GTS release, but I'm doing okay with the controller for now. Might just use the controller for GTS and save the wheel for assetto corsa or pcars

I have not yet acquired the wheel i want for GTS as it's not released as of yet. I have put a bit of time into the Dragon Trail - Seaside Time Trial using buttons Square an X as my R2 is having issues with full throttle, for what it's worth i am currently P10 so if your looking to be competitive on a pad then it could be possible.

Am a wheel user but had a few quick goes with the pad and thought it was really good. Very respectable laptimes.

So far I've played on the pad but to be honest it feels silly as it's hard to feel all the physics details. I need to buy a PS4 wheel but plan which one will be the best.

I find playing racing games with FFB wheel brings a whole new experience.

Question, is it possible to make a G27 or DFGT work with a PS4 like GIMX? because I found a DFGT for $53 and I wonder if it would work with the help of GIMX.

I have played GT5 and GT6 with a G27 before and it's a blast.

So yeah, maybe I would upgrade.

I've always been an X & square kinda guy but with no analog X & square on the DS4 i'm having to change to L2 & R2 which i know will give me greater control but is taking some getting used to.

But I will stick with a DS4 as I have no room for a wheel.

Last edited:
I had three wheels in the past and always it didn't feel right for me. I stick with left analog stick for acc/break and surprise some guys that I've beat them with a joypad ;)

As with many of you, I've got Logitech wheels (Driving Force GT, G25) I can't use with PS4 and an holding out hope that I'll eventually be able to use them with GT Sport. But I also can't deny that I've gotten the hang of and enjoyed racing in the closed beta with DS4 (using the dual stick configuration as I did back with GT3...before I ever owned a Logitech wheel) so I'm not feeling as much pressure to upgrade. We'll see what happens when the game actually releases...it seems a waste to not enjoy my wheel / Playseat combo with the series that caused me to invest in such things.

I wouldn't have lost this race if I had been using my wheel

Last edited:
I used to have a Driving Force for the PS2, then a Driving Force GT for the PS3 and then a T500RS for my PS4. But I sold it last year as there wasn't really a game I wanted to play (Project Cars was really boring and I didn't enjoy it).
For GT Sport I'll probably buy a G29, as it's often sold for 200€ at Amazon. Then I'll get Assetto Corsa probably as well.

I have a perfectly good G25 wheel, but of course Sony wants to **** around with licenses now so it's not working on the PS4. I'm not going to buy a G29 either, because you can be sure Sony's going to pull the same ******** with the next PlayStation. Gran Turismo might be great but I've been moving more and more to PC gaming where my wheel does still work.

I have a Thrustmaster T300, Shifter and upgraded pedals in my rig. However, I've not got it out yet for the beta. I will try it shortly though.

I do still use the controller 30 percent of the time in racing games. In my opinion the GT Sport beta is not worth playing on controller for me. Controller input and feedback is much better and more engaging on Project Cars 1 (once set up better than the defaults), Assetto Corsa (ditto) and Dirt Rally.

Hopefully things improve but the driving physics and car handling still feel a long way behind what I'm used to at least on what I can tell on controller.

Edit: I've just driven the Seaside track in the Megane and Nordschleife in the RS01 and I'm afraid there's nothing better about using the wheel despite playing around with the FFB settings. I went and drove the RS01 @ Nordschleife in PCARS1 and even a fiat 500 @ Nordschleife in Assetto Corsa. It's like chalk and cheese. If it stays like this I will probably still get GT Sport but only for the photo mode and not the driving (or the sounds). Of course this is only a beta... but I'll be sticking to the above listed for a closer simulation for proper driving. I'm quite disappointed to feel or hear so little progress.

Last edited:
Back