Paint bug

  • Thread starter Thread starter ozziegt
  • 21 comments
  • 3,326 views
Messages
2
The Bugatti Veyron I won is Blue / Gray. I want to change the blue but keep the gray. Does anyone know what happens if you paint a Veyron - does it stay two toned or does it become one single color?

Thanks
 
It will paint the car one solid color. FYI, if you want to test paint a car, paint it whatever color you wish, as many times as you want to see what color you like, but DON'T exit GTauto after. Just press the PS button to quit the game, exit to the XMB, then restart the game and your car will be like it was before you went into GTauto. (You will not be charged for painting your car either.) It only saves the paint job and takes your Cr. AFTER you leave GTauto.
 
Thanks for the tip Organ-Donor, though that's a pretty crappy way to preview a paint job...
 
So I bought a brand new solid black (no stripes) 2010 Camaro from the dealer, and decided to paint it with a different shade of black. So I picked a paint chip called "Nero" (an Alfa Romeo color) and when I painted the Camaro, white stripes appeared. Now no matter what color I paint the car, the stripes are there for good. WTF?

BTW - Did I mention how absolutely FREAKIN' RETARDED the paint chip idea is? :)

Is anyone else clogging up the servers trying to farm these stupid chips so they can paint their cars, or is it just me?
 
That is strange, and I agree about the paint chips being a pain in the ass. I had something similar happen with my 430 Scuderia. Original color of the car was silver with the gray stripes outlined in black. I painted the car red and the stripes turned solid white. I painted the car again, white this time, and the stripes turned solid black. I wish I still had the original gray stripes outlined in black. :/
 
Yeah, same here, I bought a no stripe Ford GT from the new dealership, when I painted it suddenly white stripes appeared..??

Crazy, the option to buy this car new is stripe or no stripe, if I buy a no stripe one, why should I get stripes when I respray the car???

When I resprayed my Ferrari 430 scuderia, the stripes on that stayed and were not covered up.

There's no consistency.
 
If anyone is unsatisfied with the paint job, you can quit and restart the game before leaving the gt-auto shop. The game will not have a chance to save and your paint will be back to its prior state.
 
If anyone is unsatisfied with the paint job, you can quit and restart the game before leaving the gt-auto shop. The game will not have a chance to save and your paint will be back to its prior state.

2 steps ahead of you. I also do this with changing/paint wheels. I wish PD implemented a 'paint preview' though where you could test spray your car to see what it would look like.
 
2 steps ahead of you. I also do this with changing/paint wheels. I wish PD implemented a 'paint preview' though where you could test spray your car to see what it would look like.

I would also like to see a preview implemented. It waists time to have to quit the game and restart again and is annoying. Have you gotten a silver chrome paint item btw?
 
I don't understand why the couldn't put a paint preview in.
 
Threads merged. One is more than enough. 👍
 
Adding to the knowledge-pile of odd paint issues: It seems that the R8, both V8 and V10 models, will revert to a solid black "blade" if you paint them. I haven't tried it with the swatch that came with them during purchase though, just to see if the original two-tone pops up or if it continues the black-blade trend.

The Camaro seems to follow a rule of contrast. The Viper GTS doesn't give you a chip at all, whether or not you buy with stripes or without. And painting it will consistently remove the stripes (meaning the classic blue and white is impossible to reproduce).

Ah, PD, masters of inconsistency!
 
The cancel button is already there - I think it's strange that it doesn't work. I hope PD fix it soon.
 
After reading that you can actually undo the paintjob, I decided to give a try on painting my Viper GTSR Concept... I chose a blue color and... tada!!! The stripes here unharmed!!! :)

Now my baby is mean, fast, and blue!!! :dopey:
 
So I bought a brand new solid black (no stripes) 2010 Camaro from the dealer, and decided to paint it with a different shade of black. So I picked a paint chip called "Nero" (an Alfa Romeo color) and when I painted the Camaro, white stripes appeared. Now no matter what color I paint the car, the stripes are there for good. WTF?


Is anyone else clogging up the servers trying to farm these stupid chips so they can paint their cars, or is it just me?

This happened to me with the Ford GT.

And no comment, but lets just say I finally got the Colorful Trophy
 
I don't understand why the couldn't put a paint preview in.

because that have took some forethought and wasted some precious time they needed in those 5-6 years.
 
I've got two of them

I keep getting matt paints. Well see what I get when my garage gets to 300 cars. I am at around 273 right now and I have 19 million Cr..
 
I had a gray-greenish two tone Veyron that looked awful. Decided to paint it with a black paint. Now it is still gray-greenish in my garage and in GT Auto, but in races it is just gray.

I think there must be dozens of paint bugs in GT5.
 
I had a gray-greenish two tone Veyron that looked awful. Decided to paint it with a black paint. Now it is still gray-greenish in my garage and in GT Auto, but in races it is just gray.

I think there must be dozens of paint bugs in GT5.

It may be due to lighting differences. I painted my Veyron white after seeing how good it looked in that color on an episode of Top Gear.
 
Back