Paintshop in GT3.

Messages
15
I was very dissapointed when I found out that GT3 had no type of paintshop at all. Even though Gran Turisimo series is a type of game that cares more about realisim and simulation it still would be cool to have a custom Paintshop. Think of all the possibilities! A yellow Corvette with blue flames! Green Aston Martin with gold trim! I'm glad they have a wheel shop, but why stop there?

P.S. What rims should I buy for my black Viper GTS?:confused:
 
Well, why make 50 tacky versions of one car when they could spend their time making more cars, period? To make your suggestion work they'd have to spend a lot of time redrawing the exterior of each car, not to mention adding in all the coding to accomodate changing colors. Unless that is, you wanted some kind of cheesy, cartoonish looks like in Tokyo Extreme Racer. Not only that, but the size of the save file would bloat dramatically trying to keep track of dozens of cars with customized paint jobs.

I'd much rather they work towards expanding the lineup of cars rather than wasting time on a gimmick that frankly adds nothing at all towards actual gameplay.

As far as the Viper rims go, those gold Yokohama 5-spokes (6th from the left) look nice on mine, though the chromish ones three more to the right would match the stripes better.
 
The Real Driving Simulator needs no PaintShop. it's perfect :D.

i personally detest yellow/gold rims; OZ Porsche-esque 5s, or the stock ones (sotck is your friend).
 
i almost see your point but it is a bit over the top it would be nice to paint your cars a DIFFERENT colour if you win a crap coloured one eg.i really wanted a silver Vanquish like james bond but i got a crap white one. But flames thats a bit over the top for me.
 
Originally posted by meeekael
i almost see your point but it is a bit over the top it would be nice to paint your cars a DIFFERENT colour if you win a crap coloured one eg.i really wanted a silver Vanquish like james bond but i got a crap white one. But flames thats a bit over the top for me.

This I can agree with. I'd welcome an option to change the car's color to another color available for that model (eg: Changing that white car you won to a blue one for, say $2,000, instead of wasting $10,000 selling the white one and buying a blue one to replace it). That wouldn't be too difficult to do, I'd think... no more difficult than coding the Car Wash was at least.
 
you can't buy Vaquishes, though...
i'll trade the Car Wash for a Paint Job of already available colors.
 
Deffinantly would like the ability to change the color of a car and maybe some basic customs jobs like Racing stripes or two tones, but aside from that nothing really needs to be added. :cool:
 
NO. Do you even have the game? If you don't, I suggest that you are wasting your time and go do something important then sitting in front of your computer babbling about a game you don't even have. Or buy the game!

If you DO have the game please ignore my ignorance.
 
igmore your ignorance...? right...

edit: aw darn he changed it to igNore your ignorance... ><
 
Like to see them drop the darn car wash...

Why is it even on the game? The cars don't get dirty! :odd:

I would love to see a paint booth...and some stipes...and tail wings...and nose changes.

I think it would be awesome to be able to modify the cars. I'd drop all the crap cups and joke cars and add this. Who on here actually drives a Mira after you can afford something better? The Vitz...please...sure the Vitz race makes you, but come on...BORING.

I think they should make it where you can select a tail wing if you want to be able to change the rear down force of a car, and buy a nose upgrade to change the front downforce of a car.

Customizing a car would be awesome I think and a cool added part of the game.

PS...I too hated the ugly white Vanquish and raced and raced and raced untill I got the silver one. LOL.

Rims, Tires (Michelin/Bridgestone/Goodyear/Toyo/Yokohama), ground effects, rear wings, custom paint jobs, and graphics would be awesome!

How about having to TEST out different tires to see which you liked? Way cool...

ALSO...while I'm on a rant...how about weather changes during the Endurance races!!! "I gotta pit and change to the wet tires".

Hee hee
 
the car wash does actualy clean the cars because the cars do lose there "shinyness" after long races. or rally events..

also i would like to see an option where you can get tinted lights :D

for a black viper i would go for matching black wheels, the ones with tons of spokes
 
jdhnc13, i would like those to happen too. if only they can have that much space on a DVD disc :D
 
Originally posted by Ferrari Million
I was very dissapointed when I found out that GT3 had no type of paintshop at all. Even though Gran Turisimo series is a type of game that cares more about realisim and simulation it still would be cool to have a custom Paintshop. Think of all the possibilities! A yellow Corvette with blue flames! Green Aston Martin with gold trim! I'm glad they have a wheel shop, but why stop there?

P.S. What rims should I buy for my black Viper GTS?:confused:


I have Gold BBS rims with a Green Center Cap for my Black Viper GTS
 
u should buy gold alloys for ur dodge ferrai million
 
The best rims fo' that Viper would be Golds

Yeah, GT Sim doesn't need a paintshop. it would be cool, but i would settle for the Racing Modifications back.

And maybe a few
mclaren.gif
's :D
 
ive got black 6 spokes on my Black GTS, looks cool i think. I've got black 5 spokes on my Red Mustang aswell, black look the best on a lot of things. Gold are tacky.

I was dissapointed thoguh that they took out Racing Modification, say it looks tacky if you like, but it would;ve been nice to have the option.
 
Or at least pick out performance/body kits once your car reaches a certain amount of performance. Even a custom paintjob...
 
Yeah , I think GT3 is very very very very good game , i mean it's the best simulator .. but it's not perfect. I think for such a high class simulator more car modification options is a must. I mean bodykits , wider variety of different tuners, painshop , etc... Hope to see all this in GT4..;)

P.S.
I apologize for my English knowledge, if i wrote smth wrong:rolleyes:
 
What pisses me off the most is how the rims in the game look like crap when its not in replay or in your garage. In the game just look at the rims when the light is going off and the views are changing its horrible.

I understand what you mean though i wish they went all out and made it really tuner.

Theres so many other things to do to cars i wish they had like every single upgrade possible per car. As well as like cosmetics, body kits and such.

Plus the possibility of downloading and updating your game each month with new parts would be real real real sweet.

Also more rims, and company brand name upgrades.

Custom paint shop would be sweet. Theres so many things i just dont know why they havent thought of them yet. Especially with the big japanese tuner scene over in japan.
 
Well they are running on a budget and a schedual for the game release. Each car put in the game costs money. Then you have to pay the programmers and set a date for release. Plus you also need to worry about disc space and stuff. But dont worry, they will find a way around these things and technology keeps advancing...
 
To be honest, I think GT3 is beta off without a paintshop, can u imagine rally arting a 100bhp car!!!. The whole effect of rally art in this sense will be lost. I also realized that most of the cars looked beta in normal colours than rally colours as compared with the other GT series.
 
Paintshop = no. Incase you don't know, say a Viper comes in 10 different colours, the engineers at Polyphony Digital don't just model the one Viper. They would have to model 10 Vipers, each with a different colour. Now lets think.

Yellow Viper/Blue Flames
Yellow Viper/Red Flames
Yellow Viper/Green Flames
Yellow Viper/Purple Flames
Yellow Viper/Orange Flames
Yellow Viper/Black Flames
Yellow Viper/Gray Flames
Yellow Viper/Brown Flames

That is 8 models of the Viper PD engineers have to model.

Blue Viper/Red Flames
Blue Viper/Green Flames
Blue Viper/Red Flames
Blue Viper/Yellow Flames

You get the drift. They would end up having to do like 50 models of each car. More models of the one car, the more space taken up on the DVD disk. The less space left of the DVD disk, the less content in the game.

I would like to see an option where you can change the colour of your car though. Not to any colour you want, just the colours that the car is available in from the car dealer.
 
Back