Parnelli's GT2 stories.

GT3 has always been my least favorite, but oddly it features my favorite replay system. Watching replays in GT3 set in "Top" or "Random" mode is very immersive to me.

Anyways, I am getting familiar with the Wellingtons once again, reading some of the old stories. Because I had a definite direction that I wanted things to go, so I need to familiarize myself after so long. He heh, but it'll be good, no doubt! :D

The next morning. Iciness around the table. The mood around their breakfast might be described as "anxious" or "difficult" by a stranger, but Graham could only describe it as "icy." Being no sort of slouch in the workaholic department, Graham had insisted he return to work, as soon as he could, even though he was not actually due back for another day. And his wife? Tiffany had not protested about this.

But now it's the next morning. Everybody back home. Graham downing a donut/bagel thing with cream cheese, and some sort of foamy drink as a compliment. Tiffany dieting again. Whole wheat toast (plain, nothing on it), one tasteless, blanched egg, and grapefruit juice. and Princess eating Cocoa Puffs. One of the things that made their daughter interesting, Graham opined, was that she had refused to let go of childhood entirely. Crappy, sugary children's cereals were one of those habits she had kept, and one of the things which Graham had complained about, but also hoped she would not give up. Watching their daughter grow older was hard enough as it is.

A typical suburban family scene going on here, in any event. The only problem? The ice. The frostiness. The feeling that perhaps somebody built an igloo overnight in their breakfast room. The sort of cold which makes a man shiver, even a man who's used to drizzly Seattle weather. Graham was feeling restless and eager, ready to get back to work, but Princess was looking rather glum, obviously bummed about going back to school. And Tiffany?

"Honey, pass the syrup?" asks Graham.

"Syrup? You want the syrup?"

She asks him this, but does not pass the syrup. Neither does she carry out whatever thought she's got in her mind, yet Graham KNOWS she's got something on her mind.

"Yes, the syrup. The Frappledapple stuff we got from Starbucks? It's like ... right behind you?

"Mm hmm. Sure. Syrup. Got it."

She finally passes the syrup.

"What is wrong with you guys? Aren't you excited to return to the grind?"

Icy stares from the females in the room.

"Shoot me now."

"Sure, dad. Bang bang."

And that was how the day begun for Graham Welington, sometime in March of 2000. Intuitions and feelings; something amiss. What the hell could it be? Why the heck weren't his family psyched to return from their odd vacation? Graham could not know this. He may have had great knowledge about feelings when it came to court cases, but the opposite sex? He was as lost as a seafarer who's forgotten to bring his lobster traps.

... But ....

All of that behind him now VROOOOM!!!!! He roars the V8 in his Land Rover Discovery. Ahh yes, good to be home. He wastes about a minute or so, just sitting in his garage, revving his SUV's engine, and daydreaming, before getting off on the road. And once he's on this road, he does not hold back.

"HA HA HA where are you now, track marshals? Where are you now, paparazzi?"

The rush of the drive ... the squeal of his tires! The adrenaline surge! ... The quick stop at Starbucks, where it seemed the baristas were just waiting for him with their caffeinated treats. The agitated horns of the people he cut off once he was flying on Route 5, without using his blinkers, of course. GOOD to be home! .... He was not due back to work until the next day, but there was no way he was going to sit around at home all day, "resting". Resting was for wussies.

But his day? How did it go? Well it was just beginning. As Graham Wellington would soon find out.

Last edited:
Hey thanks you all, sorry it's been so long. :( :rolleyes: :mad: Yeah I know. Let's see what happens next. Eventually I think I might want to start posting videos of any races I do, and may ask for y'alls help, because I've never posted vids on YouTube before.

Anyways....

"WHAT ... I'VE BEEN FIRED?????"

The news had been broken to Graham during lunch time, when he had been getting (of all things) his Land Rover detailed at a nearby car wash. The call had come to Graham on his Nokia, and it exemplified one of the very last fears he'd could ever imagine during his adult life.

"Ahh, Well, not technically 'fired'," answered Gunderson, one of the firm's many associates. "According to sub-section 24-B of the Baily, Binks, and Biddlemeyer Disciplinary Action Terms, your ... ahhhh ... 'case' is still under review. And it's hard to say exactly why. I'm just the peon here, so 'don't kill the messenger', as it were."

The morning had been quiet, a little too quiet, and Graham, with his usual unintuitive mind, had not really thought much of it. But now it all made sense. The partners? They had been nowhere around, which was unusual for such an early-week day. Had they been off in some wood-paneled gentleman's club, discusssing him over morning appertifs, deciding what to do about their lately-errant associate, one who had (up till now) been showing up to work on-time, and so diligently, no matter what the circumstances?

"But. But. The Penske file. I've been making grand progress on it, Gunderson. They know I have! Because of the loopholes I've found. Umm, the Findersundt Montastaycil which directly correlates back to 1998, which has implications pertaining to Chapter XXI of Proffessorial 4 dash 222!"

"Sure. Be that as it may...."

"This can't be, Gunderson. Why? WHY would they do this?? ... ahhh ... ahh, hold on Gunderson."

"Yo Wellington, you want your ahhh wheels waxed and chromed with da Johnson's this time?" asked one of the detailers working on his Discovery. "It's like a extra forty dollars, with your discount."

"Yah, sure, whatever. It's only money, right? .... You there Gunderson?"

"Look Graham. They know."

"What? They know what?"

"They know about your um.... 'vacation', the one you just took to Europe. Wherever you were isn't really isn't my business, and I'm not supposed to be spilling these details to you, as it were."

"DAMMIT Gunderson! But how did they find out?!?"

"Like I said, it's not my business, sir. Seriously, you'll have to place communications with them, okay? Try your best, as it were. Look, it's not like you can't still practice law. They haven't blackballed you or anything. It's just that your umm... 'case' is pending."

"Yes. Pending. As it were," Graham said, and hung up, staring at his wingtips. "Well, so that's the way it's going to be then?" he asked nobody in particular, his Land Rover's wheels now getting doused with some sort of foamy spray. "Well so be it," he answered his own question, before making one of the most crucial decisions of his adult life.

Up next: Tiffany's Debut.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
Ha ha, where are you seeing that I'm not letting her race? ... Quite the opposite. You'll see!

Nice to know, tvr4Life. And here is more. No race yet, but I'm telling you, it's going to get good!

Bill and Marsha Loney arrived at the house. A split-level bungalow located just a half-mile from Knob Hill. They looked to one another, ecstatic. This was it! They knew it, even before the lady in the minivan said a word, they knew it.

"Oh Bill, we've arrived!"

"You think so? Good. Because I've been dreading spending all day on this."

"Seriously, what do you think?"

But they both knew the answer to that. Knob Hill, just a drive away. Bill's transer to Microtech's Seattle offices would go smoothly, since Microtech was also located not too far away. Two bedrooms, with an option for three, just in case the Year 2000 would be 'their year' to have their firstborn. The house was also lovely, a whitish/mahogany-colored split-level costing outside of Bill's price range, but certainly a few months of steady earning at Microtech would absolve this. A minor setback, that's all.

....But before either ot them could speak a word, the lady from the minivan, a new-looking Dodge Grand Caravan, was heading toward them, her smile beaming so bright. Her smile spoke of many things: "too much caffeine" being top of the list.

"Well, here's my one o'clock! Ready for your tour? You must be Martha."

"Marsha".

"And I'm Bill. Bill Loney, nice to meet you."

Smiles all around.

"Grand. Well, let's go inside shall we?" asked the tallish brunette with the caffeinated smile. "I'm Tiffany Madison Wellington, and this", she said, pointing to the bungalow before them, "this is your new home."

Bill wanted to say something, and so did Marsha. But the smile won.

"Located just minutes from Knob Hill, Whole Foods two blocks away, and constructed a half-century ago from the strongest twelve-knot Washington pines and firs, here we've got a patio with Formellcia tiling, adorning its lovely hand-crafted cedar-coated battistas here. The door's a Polly Michele, brass knobs and fittings and hinges, with a Ghossen state-of-the-art computer-secured burglary system, it can be yours with a down-payment of just $699 dollars, plus applicable rebimursements, of course. Another option would be to sanction the mid-July paperwork to a mixed-clause 3-rate pulpulvesture, aside from early tempertedence, I'd say we're good to go. A -17.3% yearly return for early montly payments applied, Nonsequia-coated floors and tilings throughout..."

Bill wanted to say something, and so did Martha. Formellcia tiling? ... A -17.3% yearly return for early deposits? But .... But the smile won.

"And let's just crunch some numbers. A divesture portfolio of 0.9%, based on CCE credit holdings here in Washington state can be doubled at best, assuming a corporate levy of percentile leveraging..."

"Um... What?"

"Why just look at Enron, for example. An amazingly safe conpany to invest in these days, right? Guaranteed returns upon inside-NNG stock holdings, with CrossCountry concurrance to manage the dividend all the way, you see? Just think of "your" new home as an assetitive with a growth-diverted profit margin, and you're beginning to get the picture. Any questions?"

"Yes," Marsha answered, but by that point, both she and Bill had simultaneously forgotten most of the thigns on their list. The smile ... and all its caffeienated promises, and overwhelmed them. "Um, is it available now?"

"Great!" Tiffany answered, mentally notching up the margins in her head. "Let's get started with the paperwork."

- - - - - - -- - - - - -

Later on that same day, riding on a wave of confidence and boundless ego, Tiffany Wellington now attended one of her son's early-spring soccer games.

"FAKE RIGHT! THAT'S IT! Now PUNT! PUNT, I SAY!"

Not really knowing that in soccer, the word "punt" meant absolutely nothing, but it didn't matter.

"YES! YES! YES! GOOOOOOOOAL!" went the game's announcer, and indeed her son's team, the Seattle Sidekickers, had won their first game in ages. "Score, 17 to 3, Sidekickers, thanks for attending today, folks, and have a safe trip driving in this rain."

The feeling .. that feeling of overwhelming confidence, became almost like an addiction. She had sold a modest home to that couple from California, her third sale since getting back from Rome. Her insolvency comprization would dip below 0, while her SSCS rating would skyrocket. She could already feel the claps on her back which would follow next Disclosure Day back at the office. The champagne, the winks from her boss. Bottom line, Tiffany Wellington felt more like a winner than ever.

It was in this climate that she decided to finally make the call which would change her life for good.

Last edited:
Back