Passing like a "BOSS"

Canada
St. Catharines, ON. Canad
GTP_GODZlLLA (w/ 3 L's)
This guy is really good, is at summit point raceway. This makes me what to play iRacing again!!!
:enjoy:sly:
And Me... lol

Last edited:
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's "really good". Maybe he is, but there's also the fact that most Spec Miata drivers suck. A buddy of mine who races Spec E30 has to deal with drivers from both series, and he says that about half of either field shouldn't even be out there.

Agree with Keef.

We call Spec Miata, Spec Piñata. Way too much body contact.

And, the title of the video is "Driver School" ... practice starts for rookie drivers attempting to get their racing license.

90 percent of the onboard videos I've seen of spec Miata races are a pack of Miatas cruising around a track nowhere near the limit. It's painful to watch. Of course the couple guys in front are usually driving a bit less slowly and manage to keep away from the pack. I dislike it just as much when I talk to people who call that good racing. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Also, loled at Spec Piñata. Even more so because their livery generally resemble piñatas :lol:

Last edited:
The sprint races these guys run should be a balls-to-the-wall affair. We're not talking 500 miles here. I realize tires are expensive but I don't think that's a good excuse for going slower. If you can afford to build or buy one of these cars, you should be able to scrounge up a couple more sets of tires for the season.

90 percent of the onboard videos I've seen of spec Miata races are a pack of Miatas cruising around a track nowhere near the limit. It's painful to watch. Of course the couple guys in front are usually driving a bit less slowly and manage to keep away from the pack. I dislike it just as much when I talk to people who call that good racing. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Also, loled at Spec Piñata. Even more so because their livery generally resemble piñatas :lol:

The sprint races these guys run should be a balls-to-the-wall affair. We're not talking 500 miles here. I realize tires are expensive but I don't think that's a good excuse for going slower. If you can afford to build or buy one of these cars, you should be able to scrounge up a couple more sets of tires for the season.
+1. Spec Miata is typically drivers that aren't very good, so the few that drive well are always at the top of the pack. Autocross is the same way, which is why there's always one person in an average car way up there in the rankings. Its not that they're good, it's just that everyone else driving the "better" cars aren't using them to their full potential.

Back