Patch 1.05 - reving?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MuRRe
  • 7 comments
  • 970 views
Messages
483
Sweden
@Home
Messages
WTF-MuRRe
After updating to 1.05 something "strange" started happening with all my cars.
They go up to their "max" speed then even though I'm keeping full throttle it slows down to go up to max speed again.
How do I fix this?
 
Put the speed limit higher at the gearbox settings. It's just reached it's max speed, so the engine is freaking out.
 
Its called the Rev Limiter.

You need to increase your gear ratio's so they are longer.
 
it has nothing to do with 1.05... it's always been there, my guess is that you just never hit top speed in in top gear at the end of the rev range before.
 
After updating to 1.05 something "strange" started happening with all my cars.
They go up to their "max" speed then even though I'm keeping full throttle it slows down to go up to max speed again.
How do I fix this?
I'll take a guess here, because you said it's happening to all your cars. Are the cars maxing out, but not necessarily going very fast? If so, I'd guess that you were using the automatic transmission before, and that setting has changed to manual transmission. At the start of a race, you don't do anything to change gears because you think it's an automatic. The cars reach max revs in first gear, and it bounces off the rev limiter, waiting for you to change gears.
So if you're seeing this at the start of races, then I'd check the manual/auto tranny settings.
 
I'll take a guess here, because you said it's happening to all your cars. Are the cars maxing out, but not necessarily going very fast? If so, I'd guess that you were using the automatic transmission before, and that setting has changed to manual transmission. At the start of a race, you don't do anything to change gears because you think it's an automatic. The cars reach max revs in first gear, and it bounces off the rev limiter, waiting for you to change gears.
So if you're seeing this at the start of races, then I'd check the manual/auto tranny settings.

Nope it's automatic.

Also, I have gotten to max speed before I think and it didn't happen, or I'm just wrong.
For example, the FGT never did this before on Indy 500 when I was at 1.00.
 
No worries, we'll have a patch 1.06 out very soon :D
 
Back