Patch 3.01 readyPS4 

• Thread starter karma996
  • 96 comments
So are the road cars drivable now? I have been trying so hard to like this title but just can't come to grips with 1 or 2. The race cars are fine and I'm satisfied, problem is I'm into road production cars. The tire model is horrible feels like I'm driving on ice, cars are very unstable and unpredictable as if they have no grip whatsoever. In GT5,GT6 and AC I feel in control and I can drive with confidence and I can control understeer and oversteer with the throttle. In Pcars1 and 2 I take a road car for a spin and I'm always dissatisfied:confused:. It's such a shame because It' has so much content that I like. I'll be deleting one of my road car setups this sunday to see if SMS got it right this time fingers crossed! If not Pcars2 will be collecting dust in my hard drive.:banghead:
The road cars have always been drivable, would you like to see video of them being driven?

I can relate to what you have been experiencing. Before the update I felt like when I turned the wheel all the tires went in different directions and I could hardly figure were is that car doing. I think you might like this update, the cars do feel better and is feels a little bit like gtsport to me and that's a good thing.
No it really doesn't now feel like GTS, it's not got messed up standing start launches, it models weight transfer well enough for correct lift off oversteer and it doesn't have low speed tyre model issues.

I can keep going.

I gave up on this game sadly! I cannot believe how a developer makes a game that is worst than the old version in terms of driving! It's too complicated to set up the wheel and undrivable! It has the potential to be great game, but it's very very miserable to drive at it's current state.
It's objectively less complex to set up a wheel than the last title and the cars are perfectly drivable.

The list of cars so far claimed to be undrivable and yet still shown being driven by many are:

BMW M3 E30
Enzo
Formula C
66 Mustang
Clio Cup
All TC cars

So which do I now have to test?

Oh and to everyone in the thread, the flame-bait and digs have all been deleted, posts in the same manner from either side will receive warnings from this point on.

• Nissan Skyline Silhouette, Nissan Skyline BNR32, Nissan R89C, and Porsche 961 can now be used in Career mode.
Is that a typo? Did they include the 961 in the game? I'm still reinstalling my games in my Pro so I haven't downloaded the update yet.

There is nothing undrivable and i am finding the Clio super fun. Probably the most fun in the career right now.

I have to say that the only annoying things for me are two:

- too much variance in AI performance from track to track
- you have to mess with ffb setting to get a proper feel with all Cars.

Nothing mental... But these days people get mad for everything.

There is nothing undrivable and i am finding the Clio super fun. Probably the most fun in the career right now.

I have to say that the only annoying things for me are two:

- too much variance in AI performance from track to track
- you have to mess with ffb setting to get a proper feel with all Cars.

Nothing mental... But these days people get mad for everything.

The Clio was a riot in 1 but it never clicked on 2 for me. Will give is a go again!

The Clio was a riot in 1 but it never clicked on 2 for me. Will give is a go again!

Raced yesterday in career, default nervous set-up with the wheel. Reduced fuel for qualy.

1 lap to get tyres into temp and from the second you Can start pushing. Gentle inputs and trail braking. It has the tendency too oversteer and you have to get used to It but is way more manageble than before. Probably It is the set-up cause they did not touched the car physics.

However if It has been signed off buy a cliocup driver (Hamilton?) I do not get why people say It is undrivable.

Raced yesterday in career, default nervous set-up with the wheel. Reduced fuel for qualy.

1 lap to get tyres into temp and from the second you Can start pushing. Gentle inputs and trail braking. It has the tendency too oversteer and you have to get used to It but is way more manageble than before. Probably It is the set-up cause they did not touched the car physics.

However if It has been signed off buy a cliocup driver (Hamilton?) I do not get why people say It is undrivable.

I just found it wasn’t as predictable as in 1. You could really feel the car hunker down over the rear wheels when you were powering out of corners.

Had a lot of problems with it over steering and could not make it understeer for toffee when I was having a play previously.

Will give it a go again!

No it really doesn't now feel like GTS, it's not got messed up standing start launches, it models weight transfer well enough for correct lift off oversteer and it doesn't have low speed tyre model issues.

I can keep going.
I'm not talking about the standing starts but I'm talking about how you can pick up and drive in gtsport without banging into the walls, twitching and low responsive handling.
Let me help you see what I'm talking about. The big problem with gts was never anything about standing starts. People wernt really hindered from playing the game. But some do have problems playing pcars2 because they could not handle the cars right for me it was until this update.

I'm not talking about the standing starts but I'm talking about how you can pick up and drive in gtsport without banging into the walls, twitching and low responsive handling.
Which I've never had as a problem in either PC or PC2.

Standing starts were also not the only issues I pointed out with regard to GTS.

Let me help you see what I'm talking about. The big problem with gts was never anything about standing starts. People wernt really hindered from playing the game. But some do have problems playing pcars2 because they could not handle the cars right for me it was until this update.
Yet all of the example you have provided (using other peoples very, very dubious videos) have been shown to be quite drivable before the update.

IMO, the comparisons to GTsport are unthinkable, it should be mentioned in the same breath. It is a completely different model of driving which is much further away from reality than PC2 in many ways.

When I read the forums I often think, the difference in opinion is wheel users vs. controller users. I cannot drive with a controller without stability assist. With a wheel you can drive everything with no assists. A wheel fundamentally changes the interpretation of this game.

I have an idea. Perhaps you can show us, you in your car, on your game. You no that share thing that captures your video. If you cannot provide a video, perhaps your just wasting a lot of people's time.

Not sure if its been mentioned. But not all of my friends show up when adding them to the Online Championship. Doesn't matter if they are online, play the game or not, some are listed, others are not. :odd:

I see and feel what racelow does. The road cars feel a lot better to me after the patch and I am bouncing back and forth from GTS and Pcars 2 and the feel closer now : . ( I am a game pad user ) I love them both.

As someone that owns, and enjoys, both GTSport and PCars 2, it shocks me to see people praise PCars 2 for driving more like GTSport. In my opinion, they're nothing alike. And thank goodness for that! GTSport is fun for me as a casual game. I just kinda blow through the licence tests and missions and enjoy my beer. PCars 2 is a real racing experience that demands my concentration. GTsport feels numb and kinda lifeless, whereas PCars 2 is constantly giving feedback cues that are telling me what the tires are doing. GTSport demands overdriving the cars with great rewards, while PCars 2 punishes me for exceeding the car's limits. They're really two completely different titles, and I have totally separate expectations from each.

Not sure if its been mentioned. But not all of my friends show up when adding them to the Online Championship. Doesn't matter if they are online, play the game or not, some are listed, others are not. :odd:

Yee, I have created the thread in official sms forum. The problem is that OC shows you only 100 friends 101 including yourself. When you have more friends.... Guess what.

As someone that owns, and enjoys, both GTSport and PCars 2, it shocks me to see people praise PCars 2 for driving more like GTSport. In my opinion, they're nothing alike. And thank goodness for that! GTSport is fun for me as a casual game. I just kinda blow through the licence tests and missions and enjoy my beer. PCars 2 is a real racing experience that demands my concentration. GTsport feels numb and kinda lifeless, whereas PCars 2 is constantly giving feedback cues that are telling me what the tires are doing. GTSport demands overdriving the cars with great rewards, while PCars 2 punishes me for exceeding the car's limits. They're really two completely different titles, and I have totally separate expectations from each.
They are actually not that different at all.

project Cars 1 and GT6 we’re a huge difference and doing totally different things. I don’t have any expectations from my racing games and sims except to have fun and maybe learn a thing or two. I also enjoy models and these are like interactive digital model collections to me.

Since the update I've been switching back and forth with GTS and PC2.

I think this 3.01 patch could be the turning point for PC2. Like when fifa over took winning eleven soccer.

The PC2 tires feel better underbraking and lift off weight transfers you can feel and control the cars corner entry much more realistic, it rewards perfectly timing back on throttle in unison with the suspension movements to get the car to grip and tuck into the apex confidently with throttle through track out. no fear of tracking out wide like in GTS. Where as right now in GTS 1.08 patch the front tires understeer the car out wide when you get on the throttle even though you set the nose of the car into the apex. I've been enjoying lapping in PC2 much more than GTS ever since this 3.01 patch.
I play with a T300rs wheel.

They are actually not that different at all.
Sorry but I can't agree with that at all.

GTS is an enjoyable enough title with a great matchmaking system and (for me) a fanbase that reduces my interest in it to almost zero.

In terms of almost every element that makes a sim however, PC2 has it beat. The physics and tyre model in GTS feel a good five years behind the curve in comparison to PC2 (or AC), the track surface is poor in GTS lacking detail, tracks don't rubber in, no weather that's going to affect the dynamics, not dynamic TOD.

GTS also looks a lot better than PC2 or AC, and is a more polished product that those two are.

I find them to be very, very different in those areas, and the different design choices the three studios went down to get to the three end results are quite clear.

GTS is not a bad product because of that, but it is a very different one. One that is to me closer to a Driveclub and iRacing mashup than anything else; and before I potentially get sacrificed to the Kaz deity by some, that's a long way from being a bad thing.

Sorry but I can't agree with that at all.

GTS is an enjoyable enough title with a great matchmaking system and (for me) a fanbase that reduces my interest in it to almost zero.

In terms of almost every element that makes a sim however, PC2 has it beat. The physics and tyre model in GTS feel a good five years behind the curve in comparison to PC2 (or AC), the track surface is poor in GTS lacking detail, tracks don't rubber in, no weather that's going to affect the dynamics, not dynamic TOD.

GTS also looks a lot better than PC2 or AC, and is a more polished product that those two are.

I find them to be very, very different in those areas, and the different design choices the three studios went down to get to the three end results are quite clear.

GTS is not a bad product because of that, but it is a very different one. One that is to me closer to a Driveclub and iRacing mashup than anything else; and before I potentially get sacrificed to the Kaz deity by some, that's a long way from being a bad thing.
Maybe it all depends on how use them or what we are trying get out of them. I don’t argue that Pcars 2 is a better sim, I have supported and have been playing since release and own all three versions across the platforms. I’m also very aware of the differences but if we were comparing any other game genre , let’s say a competitive FPS we would be looking at two games with almost the same maps , the same characters and nearly the same game modes, I’m sure casual observers who are not into racing games and sims would look at both titles(Pcars2, GTS) and think it’s the same games.
I’m not good writer which is why I don’t post much, I have hard time trying to put a thought into words but I’m going to try , I don’t think extremely difficult or exactly as real as possible physics always translates to a real feeling simulator. Especially for controller users. I don’t want a wheel , I hold a steering wheel all day for my real life job , ffb hurts my arms , and I don’t have the space and i have enjoyed playing these games with pad since the original The Need for Speed. I’ve tried wheels and always feels like more work and instead of play. Long story short no matter how realistic a simulation gets, it should never be harder than doing the actual thing in real life. And I guaran-gosh-dang-tee that driving in Project Cars with a controller has way harder than driving fast real in life. I do think it feels way better since the patch though.

The road cars have always been drivable, would you like to see video of them being driven?

I can keep going.

It's objectively less complex to set up a wheel than the last title and the cars are perfectly drivable.

The list of cars so far claimed to be undrivable and yet still shown being driven by many are:

BMW M3 E30
Enzo
Formula C
66 Mustang
Clio Cup
All TC cars

So which do I now have to test?

Oh and to everyone in the thread, the flame-bait and digs have all been deleted, posts in the same manner from either side will receive warnings from this point on.
I don't need to see video I drive them myself or try to LOl!:D:lol:.

Please don't include GT5 or 6 in a conversation about control or feeling like AC or Pcars. Your kidding me.What did GT5 or 6 have that Pcars doesn't? Terrible tire compounds, sounds, tracks,ass backwards suspension model, day night weather, cars, yes actual real cars. Yeah GT was great wasn't it.So to compare those 2 games to even Pcars 1 is pretty funny. People have shown videos of street cars handling perfectly fine in PCars 2. Perhaps you should move to GT Sport. I here it's a pretty good game. :embarrassed:
I'm not comparing content I'm comparing driving feel and control. Pcars1 and 2 both have content that I like very much. GT sport is garbage I'll stick to GT classics thank you. GT5forever!!:bowdown::gtpflag:

I'm not comparing content I'm comparing driving feel and control. Pcars1 and 2 both have content that I like very much. GT sport is garbage I'll stick to GT classics thank you. GT5forever!!:bowdown::gtpflag:
Yeah it's a classic alright! Control and feel. Ok.

Then you will have no problem backing up a claim of undrivable cars pre patch.
Oh oh oh.....a moderator.... please pass along to Ian bell,....gt legends mod for ps2 on the ps 4system......please...
There are a number of us that love those cars......

I really like the game after Patch 3.0 but I cant choose any Kart track with a normal car any longer in a private practice, does they deleted this function ??
It was so great for drifting :( even because we have no drift tracks in the game.

@IanBell
PLEASE please please add this function again or give us a drift track please :)

Last edited:
Did anybody race on a team yet in a online championship. I've never heard of this in a game before. Sounds epic

So I'm a bit late to the party, because I wanted to finish the main story of Xenoblade 2 before dividing my gaming time with anything else. :)

I spent some time trying various cars with the new patch and I'm very pleased with the apparent changes to the analog stick steering, which I don't think anyone had mentioned yet...?? It's definitely different, more intelligent, finally on par with other console racing games. It has alleviated the annoying compromise between tame steering with inadequate countersteer to recover from oversteer, or enough countersteer to recover but too-sensitive steering. It still requires relatively careful input, but it's easier to forget about it and focus on driving.

In conjunction with the other tweaks and fixes, I can see why this patch has made people happy. Kudos to SMS for getting it sorted out, especially without making me reconfigure my settings again!

I really like the game after Patch 3.0 but I cant choose any Kart track with a normal car any longer in a private practice, does they deleted this function ??
It was so great for drifting :( even because we have no drift tracks in the game.
I just checked and it still works for me. The track map, logo, and country on the selection screen switch to Circuit de la Sarthe and the French flag (while still listing the kart track name), which I don't remember happening before...but the game still loads the kart track. Is there a specific car you tried that won't work?

Last edited:
Back