Patch update

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 25 comments
Maybe the patch failed final checks. Seem to remember it happening with one of the original AC console patches. Oh well fingers crossed it will appear next week.
I remember. Doesn't affect me as I dong have a PS5. Hopefully 1.8 and more is out by the time I manage to get one.

I had a pretty good tune for FFB on my Dd pro for the original PS5 patch. Seems like it’s changed again?

Are the PS5/Xbox versions up to 1.8 yet?

Jerome

A good example of why publishers need to release games after fully tested, consumers literally paying to be beta testers. Send the game out to volunteering testers then release game so we can play it and not have any **** other than playing to concern ourselves with.

A good example of why publishers need to release games after fully tested, consumers literally paying to be beta testers. Send the game out to volunteering testers then release game so we can play it and not have any **** other than playing to concern ourselves with.
That makes too much sense so that probably not happen. Why release full games when you can release a paid for beta? That's an old Microsoft Windows trick.

So no update for PS4 game owners? Are we stuck with buying the title again for PS5 to get the fancy new update?
No you don’t have to buy again. If you already own the PS4 version, it will upgrade for free to the PS5 version on PS5.

kjb
If you get a PS5 you can upgrade for free to the PS5 version
Beautiful. Thanks.

Once I have the PS5 version installed can I delete the PS4 version that was installed on the PS5?

Last edited:
I managed to find a setting that's working for me. Bit of understeer and weight loss but still no curb feel around Mt Panorama.
The settings are
Auto
Linear
Off
Off
Off
Hope that helps until we get to v1.8.

Found this in the assetto Corsa forum ( I have not tried it yet ):

”We have solved the FFB problem... apparently you have to reset the values in game all once to zero and delete the saved wheels. Then reconnect the wheel and set the values back up. After that, the FFB works normally again for us. The values can then be saved in a new profile. It seems that the patch is starting with 100% FFB. So that you can no longer increase it using the slider... try it out and give us feedback. It worked for us and everything is going fine....”

kjb
That makes too much sense so that probably not happen. Why release full games when you can release a paid for beta? That's an old Microsoft Windows trick.
I may be mistaken but this seems to plague racing gamers more than any other gamer as it's often directly related to main gameplay. Lack of FOV for example was a big issue for me. Engine cutting out when getting the panel up, just things like that.

I may be mistaken but this seems to plague racing gamers more than any other gamer as it's often directly related to main gameplay. Lack of FOV for example was a big issue for me. Engine cutting out when getting the panel up, just things like that.
You may well be right. It would guess since racing games are for the most part nowadays live service games I feel like companies ( not gonna blame the devs because they can only do what they are allowed to do) design games not be complete when they release knowing that they can update them along the way. Sometimes i feel like QA with 3rd party devs is not always as stringent as the original dev at least in my opinion

Back