Patch V2

• Thread starter ferraripro
  • 131 comments
Hi,

Please find below a list of all the features and enhancements contained within Patch V2. It is in the final stages of testing and we are expecting to deploy it, subject to Sony approval, in early September.

General Features and Improvements

Added Trophy Support
Added Custom Play list functionality
Added Photo Mode to the Showroom which saves a screen shot of the car to the PS3 hard drive
Added split times in Time Trial
Improved the overall frame rate
Improved performance of the Thrustmaster wheels
Game now pauses automatically when the XMB is on (except during multiplayer)
Added a gear indicator to in car view
Added an option to invert the G25 sequential shifter
Added difficulty based AI qualifying times
Added G25 wheel configuration to include look left / right on the front facing red buttons
Added a basic racing line to show the racing line only and not braking zones
Players can now change their name under the Team option
Increased transparency of tire smoke
Improved the penalty zone on first corner in Monza
Replays are available for races in which the player retired from​

Online Features and Improvements

Private lobbies can now be created with half or all slots being reserved
Host can now specify the maximum driving assist levels
Host can now specify the grid order based on ranking (taken from the tutorial score), or lap record for the specified circuit and can also reverse the grid based on these criteria i.e. best at the back.
During race player names can now be toggled on / off by pressing R3
Race results alternate between race time and fastest lap during multiplayer races
When searching for games, the server select screen now includes the status 'SYNCING' to show that the game will begin imminently
Server list screen now displays car name, grid order, and transmission options
Opponent voices can now be muted​

Online Fixes

Significantly improved connectivity and reduced the likelihood of disconnects
Fixed issues with collisions
When a player leaves a net race, it now says they have retired from race as opposed to finished
When receiving the ‘Room no longer exists’ message players are now returned to the join game screen
Removed 2 second pause as players entered / exited a game while racing
When returning back to the join game match making screen, the default car is now the last one selected​

General Fixes

Fixed potential issue with save games becoming invalid after a set number of events are completed
Fixed hang after watching a replay when the rev bar was on
Fixed potential issue with not being able to unlock ‘The Collector’ accomplishment
Fixed the "Hard Lines" accomplishment
Fixed black track when racing line disabled
Fixed driver disappearing with the car when driving through opponents in multiplayer
Fixed engine popping in replays
Fixed broken shadows in the pit lane​

This patch contains several additional features which have been developed as a direct response to feedback from the community. Whilst it is not always possible to accommodate every feature request, we have worked hard to include everything practical.

Thanks for your continued support.

Thanks for the update FarrariPro and hope it sorts it all out this time then we gamers can start some leagues.

Just one more thing any news on the official forums?

Wow trophies and custom soundtrack support! That was unexpected! PD take note!

plus taking screenshot & private lobbies!

I think now this is a true news more than a rumor that screenshot support is coming with new 2.50 firmware. I dont know if this patch is gonna use this 2.50 feature or a embedded function like mgs4 has.that is cool:dunce:

thx for the great news, it's nice to see developers care about their game, and will to improve it.

Is it possible for you to add cluch for older ferraris, and h shifter configuration.
there is also a lot of power shift, that is not good especially when shifting from 2nd to first gear.

Thanks for the update!!
As a casual gamer, I haven't played this game in awhile now... Mainly cause i'm not used to games being supported like this. (Buy, Play & Forget)

I think I'm going to start playing it again. haha
Thanks again!! 👍

still no clutch support ? come on system3 give us that, cause that is really important for a lot of us, and what happend to the DLC that was supposed to come in august ?

How do you download this patch? I noticed some lag issues & I thought I would check here.

As usual - once the new patch is available you just boot up the game and it will inform you that there is a update.
Then just follow the instructions and your FC is up to date.

I suggest dialing the crazyness of the AI down.

I don't have a problem if the AI is programmed to be super fast or to make no mistakes, but it is something if the AI cars are programmed to kill you.

I suggest dialing the crazyness of the AI down.

I don't have a problem if the AI is programmed to be super fast or to make no mistakes, but it is something if the AI cars are programmed to kill you.

yes Rocket Punch we know you don't like the AI
maybe you should watch some porsche supercup or some semi-pro touring car championship and you will see that a small hit from the opponents just the regular stuff is.

dont pretend like the AI is some sort of angry gran turismo online racer

yes Rocket Punch we know you don't like the AI
maybe you should watch some porsche supercup or some semi-pro touring car championship and you will see that a small hit from the opponents just the regular stuff is.

dont pretend like the AI is some sort of angry gran turismo online racer

It's not a small hit if the AI ram me enough to spin me out, it is not small hit if I am on the racing line and the AI decide to nudge me off the circuit. The AI's behavior in FC if put into any online PC race sim league races will get you banned.

That's my opinion, if you fanboys can't take it, don't read it. I started to think some of you are actually system 3's programmers, LOL.

As usual - once the new patch is available you just boot up the game and it will inform you that there is a update.
Then just follow the instructions and your FC is up to date.
Thanks I didn't know that.

All great news and great to see some interaction from "Ferrari Pro" great to see that you guys care about the community enough to hold your hands up.....thanks.

Now there's some hope of a good online experience with this game and the possibilty of some league racing soon.

Any news on a date for the patch yet

Any news yet Ferrari Pro? even I'm getting restless.

The RACE Pro demo comes out in less than 3 weeks so if this patch doesn't come out soon I may not have the time or inclination to play this game anymore and that would be great shame.

I also think that if this game isn't fixed before the RACE Pro demo comes out S3 will lose a lot of potential customers to SimBin.

Back