Path 1.06 road physics more Controllability needed ?

• Thread starter omar awan
  • 38 comments

omar awan

(Banned)
United Kingdom
uk
RACING_ _APEX
The road cars are fine. We don’t need that self correcting skid that gt3 and gt4 cars have.

please make it more realistic not easier to drive.

That the final straw for me. I’ll be selling up and getting a PC

The road cars are fine. We don’t need that self correcting skid that gt3 and gt4 cars have.

please make it more realistic not easier to drive.

That the final straw for me. I’ll be selling up and getting a PC

What !! like the Scirocco that wheel pins like crazy in 5th gear and the Focus ST that cant do a 40mph corner without washing out, Lots of road cars physics are miles out.

What !! like the Scirocco that wheel pins like crazy in 5th gear and the Focus ST that cant do a 40mph corner without washing out, Lots of road cars physics are miles out.
Road car physics are amazing.... try not to compare to your predefined misconceptions.
Anyway I’m gonna decided on next move if PD ruin the road cars by making them easier....

Well on the focus put race softs on then.... Why should the self correcting oversteer that Gr3 and gr4 have be introduced to road cars.

PD have already dumbed the physics down too much from last year and now they gonna scratch there ass and see what more ***** they can muster to ruin the physics like the oversteer correction safety net they have on GR3/4 cars by default.

A ****ing knob jockey move to ruin the one good thing this has

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics are physics, road or race the underlying physics should be the same...

The Sports tyres however are terrible, they are more akin to ditch finders than a quality set of high performance tyres...Either that or PD’s track surfaces are simulating a layer of diesel and water on the road surface.

Road car physics are amazing.... try not to compare to your predefined misconceptions.
Anyway I’m gonna decided on next move if PD ruin the road cars by making them easier....

Well on the focus put race softs on then.... Why should the self correcting oversteer that Gr3 and gr4 have be introduced to road cars.

PD have already dumbed the physics down too much from last year and now they gonna scratch there ass and see what more ***** they can muster to ruin the physics like the oversteer correction safety net they have on GR3/4 cars by default.

A f’in knob jockey move to ruin the one good thing this has
Be serious... You have never driven a car, have you?
Or a pals car on a track day?

A f’in knob jockey move to ruin the one good thing this has

the physics are amazing?

so a MX5 struggling to grip with RSS tires on with traction control off, and only using half throttle is realistic?

Alright

I think they are decreasing the grip levels to make it more realistic.
I sure hope they decrease grip level on sports tires....

They are fine as they are tbh, but decreasing it would be awesome. The race tires are like Velcro. Absolutely vile.
Even the race hards are too grippy.

And the snap oversteer correction on race cars needs to be sorted out since it’s not needed. I want my mistakes to be punished so as long as road cars don’t get this silly safety net then the game is playable.

Easy is for cod players try GT for a laugh, and if I then wanted easy I would buy NFS.
This GT so why aim for NFS endeavours??

It’s already to easy and I won’t ever be able to understand why some people like the memebers above want RSS more grip !!

The comforts are a touch slippery but the sports are on point

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope they decrease grip level on sports tires....

They are fine as they are tbh, but decreasing it would be awesome. The race tires are like Velcro. Absolutely vile.
Even the race hards are too grippy.

And the snap oversteer correction on race cars needs to be sorted out since it’s not needed. I want my mistakes to be punished so as long as road cars don’t get this silly safety net then the game is playable.

Easy is for cod players try GT for a laugh, and if I then wanted easy I would buy NFS.
This GT so why aim for NFS endeavours??

It’s already to easy and I won’t ever be able to understand why some people like the memebers above want RSS more grip !!

The comforts are a touch slippery but the sports are on point

Inebrihated I agree and know that Assetto is immense, but most people on here don’t know about the moves kunos had been making since 2014 and are NFS oracle’s
Race hards are too grippy...compared to what? How often have you driven a real car on hard racing tires?

Some cars have issues and some don't. I think people aren't giving street tires or sports tires credit enough for grip levels. Especially when you have cars like the 911 GT2 RS doing 6:47 at the 'Ring on them. Tires these days offer some super amounts of grip, but PD have a general level for the tires, no simulation of specific brands or whatever. That'd be nice though!

Well the M4 GT3 RS etc a handfull (all rear wheel drive road cars i think) to drive. And it dont feels realistic way to much wheel spin and oversteer, feels like driving on ice........

Absolute rubbish I own a 2005 ST and can corner faster and safer than the ingame Focus and I do not dare push my ST hard on open roads for obvious reasons, I take it you have never raced or driven cars near their limits in real life. I have and these physics are wrong on some of the cars.

There is no way on this planet would a scirocco wheel spins uncontrollably in 5th gear at 125mph but it does ingame< And you think that good PMSL

GR4 and GR3 are a lot better and some GRx have good driving physics but a lot of GRx are broken as well some undrivable.

Lets hope PD correct this in the forthcoming updates.

I can't work out why this thread even exists, much less get this angry:

... about something no-one has said will happen. Or even hinted at. Or mentioned in any way.

Absolute rubbish I own a 2005 ST and can corner faster and safer than the ingame Focus and I do not dare push my ST hard on open roads for obvious reasons, I take it you have never raced or driven cars near their limits in real life. I have and these physics are wrong on some of the cars.

There is no way on this planet would a scirocco wheel spins uncontrollably in 5th gear at 125mph but it does ingame< And you think that good PMSL

GR4 and GR3 are a lot better and some GRx have good driving physics but a lot of GRx are broken as well some undrivable.

Lets hope PD correct this in the forthcoming updates.
Clearly u hav not got the understanding that self correcting oversteer is not what proper sim enthusiast want. The gt3 cars have okay physics just when overstepping the grip threshold the correction help is ever present.
That my friend ruins any car simulation no matter how good.
You like that so I can’t take ur next comment about the 2005 ST serious anymore.

The way tires let go are modelled for real in GT SPORT, but in reality we have G force and other feeling to balance it....

In game it seems abrupt that’s because we don’t have that perception level of reality. They are actually extremely realistic. That’s the reason PD have used self correcting oversteer.

In game it seems abrupt that’s because we don’t have that perception level of reality. They are actually extremely realistic. That’s the reason PD have used self correcting oversteer.

I have an RX8 road car, putting down about 200bhp at the wheels. With sports road tyres (which I would equate to maybe Sports Medium tyres in GT Sport) I cannot make the back end let go above about 45mph.

Why, then, can I happily do this in an MX5 running half that power and sports softs? Then, when it does let go, struggle to hold it in a drift at any appreciable angle without it spinning?

If you genuinely think the physics are bang on, then please don't drive a real car - or at least do it somewhere that I am not as you will be dangerous.

EDIT to add more info: I have done this on multiple track days here in the UK, both in the wet and dry. In the wet the car will obviously let go at much higher speeds, but can easily be caught and held in a slide due to the balance and distribution. The MX5 referenced has a very similar weight distribution and a very similar diff to that in the RX8.

I have an RX8 road car, putting down about 200bhp at the wheels. With sports road tyres (which I would equate to maybe Sports Medium tyres in GT Sport) I cannot make the back end let go above about 45mph.

Why, then, can I happily do this in an MX5 running half that power and sports softs? Then, when it does let go, struggle to hold it in a drift at any appreciable angle without it spinning?

If you genuinely think the physics are bang on, then please don't drive a real car - or at least do it somewhere that I am not as you will be dangerous.

EDIT to add more info: I have done this on multiple track days here in the UK, both in the wet and dry. In the wet the car will obviously let go at much higher speeds, but can easily be caught and held in a slide due to the balance and distribution. The MX5 referenced has a very similar weight distribution and a very similar diff to that in the RX8.
Dude when the tires are loaded up lateral at the limit any good level engine power will overcome the grip easily at the moment.
Your not driving it hard enough, you only do that in the game. I used to over come grip on power in a 1989 Toyota 1.6 hatchback tearing around the streets at night in my younger years lol.

And u can’t do it in a 200hp RX7 !!
What’s going here !

Clearly ur idea of driving fast is different to my idea so naturally we have come to different conclusions. 45 mph turn and u can’t make the rear come round On power lool. Seriously dude sort it out.

If your problem is counter steering assist, just turn it off.

As I find it unrealistic on the way it works (this kind of system don't even exist, the more close to it is ESM, ironically exists in many road cars but is proihibited in GT4 and GT3, so it's more realistic in a road car than in a race car), contrary to ABS or TCS, I turn it off, I know I'm slower this way as I need to have more intrusive TCS (but in fact that's how it works on motor racing, the more you need the TCS, it hurts you the most on terminal speed), but don't come here whining.

Dude when the tires are loaded up lateral at the limit any good level engine power will overcome the grip easily at the moment.
Your not driving it hard enough, you only do that in the game. I used to over come grip on power in a 1989 Toyota 1.6 hatchback tearing around the streets at night in my younger years lol.

And u can’t do it in a 200hp RX7 !!
What’s going here !

Clearly ur idea of driving fast is different to my idea so naturally we have come to different conclusions. 45 mph turn and u can’t make the rear come round On power lool. Seriously dude sort it out.

All this does is re-affirm that you have obviously never driven a car at the limit in the real world. I'd wager that your 1989 Toyota hatchback was running some tiny, thin little tyres.

A well balanced car, with decent tyres, should not be able to power over at the limit as they do in GT Sport. I'm happy to take you out on a track session in my car - I can assure you that I am 'driving it hard enough'.

Also, FYI, it's an RX8, not an RX7 - subtle difference, but important.

I'm running 255 width Toyo R888Rs on track - you'd need SERIOUS power to be able to power over a well balanced chassis running those tyres at a decent speed. Trust me on this one. Don't talk about things you have never done/ don't understand. My point stands, if you decide to take to the track, please let me know when and where as I will be somewhere else.

EDIT: 'Overcome the limit of grip' is a line you used in the previous post - what you fail to realise is that understeer is more common than oversteer, unless you're running big power. I do surpass the grip limits of the tyres, but they most certainly do not allow me to power over with only 200bhp. An MX5 running R888Rs would NO WAY power over. In fact I think you'd struggle to get the wheels spinning in the dry with a red line clutch dump running R888Rs

Clearly u hav not got the understanding that self correcting oversteer is not what proper sim enthusiast want. The gt3 cars have okay physics just when overstepping the grip threshold the correction help is ever present.
That my friend ruins any car simulation no matter how good.
You like that so I can’t take ur next comment about the 2005 ST serious anymore.

The way tires let go are modelled for real in GT SPORT, but in reality we have G force and other feeling to balance it....

The ingame Focus ST is now where near realistic i can drive my real life 2005 ST around corners far quicker that the ingame ST and I dare not push hard on open roads, On a track its far superior, The in game physics are screwed. And ive 40 plus years of Rallying/roadracing Track racing Motor cycle track racing so I know how vehicles feel when pushed.

This game IS NOT a sim by any stretch of imagination. It has great visuals but lacks miles behind in Sim physics, There are far better Sims out there and this game has a long way to go to get there, And im sure it will improve over time.

Anyway your selling up so bye bye

they are decreasing grip for road cars? it's impossible now to match real life lap times with road cars and they DECREASE the grip??? wtf

they are decreasing grip for road cars? it's impossible now to match real life lap times with road cars and they DECREASE the grip??? wtf

I can't work out why this thread even exists, much less get this angry:

... about something no-one has said will happen. Or even hinted at. Or mentioned in any way.

TBH, I'm not entirely sure how to read that. It could be saying that road cars, which have less grip than race cars, are more improved by the update.

PD:

2. Some elements of the car physics simulation model have been improved. This can be noticed especially in commercial cars, which exhibit less grip on the road, with improved sense of realism and controllability.

Is that quote referring to less grip than before or less grip than race cars?

Back