Paul Walker's Fast & Furious Skyline GT-R Heads to Auction Next Month

• Thread starter Famine
  • 19 comments
This is impressive. I hope it goes to a respectful person who will treat it well.

And that it goes for as close to 7 figures as possible. ;)

Way over a million easily...
926e5009-c10a-48fe-b90e-fa0760f82fcd.png

Only the first three films have the cars as the stars. I seem to remember this fourth film was the beginning of them just being another boring no substance action film franchise.

So presumably this will be worth considerably less than the legendary cars from the earlier FaF films?

Only the first three films have the cars as the stars. I seem to remember this fourth film was the beginning of them just being another boring no substance action film franchise.

So presumably this will be worth considerably less than the legendary cars from the earlier FaF films?
It’ll only be worth less than the Hero Supra, probably. Skylines are on the rise due to US import laws hitting that 25-year mark & then there’s Paul whose former cars have sold for big money.

US buyers should likely stay away. This car was forced out of the country, and reportedly may not be eligible to come back in.
Unless they can keep it somewhere else for a few years. That does happen, and with the money involved, I see it being done.

US buyers should likely stay away. This car was forced out of the country, and reportedly may not be eligible to come back in.
Like the article says, if it's being purchased for display or collection as movie memorabilia (and let's face it, a car this valuable is never going to be driven in anger again), then there's no issue.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in Jay Leno's collection, given its unique history and the fact that just being an R34 means it'd be a very rare item over here.

Like the article says, if it's being purchased for display or collection as movie memorabilia (and let's face it, a car this valuable is never going to be driven in anger again), then there's no issue.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in Jay Leno's collection, given its unique history and the fact that just being an R34 means it'd be a very rare item over here.
Unless they can keep it somewhere else for a few years. That does happen, and with the money involved, I see it being done.
That’s not the issue. The word I’m hearing from an importer of this car is that the Feds forced the car out of the country & may not allow it back in under any circumstance bc of how it skirted importation the first time around.

Edit* Here’s his words on it.
This car was forced export by Customs, with what I believe is a statement saying it could never be reimported. So a buyer would need to do their due diligence.
A Kaizo illegally imported car that was seized and stuck in an outside storage facility. Covered in dirt with a red one years ago. I remember this story all too well.

Last edited:
Yeah. Like this bit of the actual listing is extremely misleading:

In 2012, the vehicle was released and was exported to Germany, where it has remained since. In recent years some R34 GT-Rs have been imported to the US on show and display titles.
It wasn't "released" from impound. It was expelled from the country (and when they force you to export cars they won't let you export it to Canada or Mexico). Cars that ICE caught illegally being in the country and forced out are pretty much always blocked from ever returning into the country, period. No "Show and Display," no "wait until it is valid again after 25 years," no "well it can just sit in a dealership showroom as an attention getter and they don't have to register it." That VIN is most certainly flagged and if they catch it trying to get back in, they'd probably crush it.

That's true for the R32 GTS-ts that idiots would register as 240SXs in the early 2000s just as much as it is for the cars brought in later in the decade by various importers that thought they had an amazing loophole by buying up cars in Japan and shipping them after they yanked their engines out as "kit cars" whose engines (which were usually shipped in the same container, no less) were installed right back in immediately after clearing port (shockingly, the US government wasn't too impressed with that as a legal argument). You want an R34 right now, find one of the grandfathered MotoRex cars. If you are willing to wait, find one that's not probably on an ICE blacklist. Nobody in the US should even think of touching this car.

Last edited:
I could definitely imagine someone being bold enough to have the car completely disassembled, shipped over in pieces over the course of several months and then having it reassembled in their private garage.

And then being dumb enough to make a Youtube series documenting the whole thing, thus giving the federales all the evidence they need to confiscate it again.

You'd still be bringing something in with stamped VIN plates, unless you want to pay someone in Japan to change them and give ICE (and Japanese customs!) even more of an excuse to crush it. Customs officials aren't brainless robots whose brains only function based on what government manuals say (hence why the "kit car" loophole importers tried to use was a bust). Someone working for customs at a major port would know what an R34 is by this point and would know they aren't supposed to be here yet even if they didn't check this specific car.

For context, Walker was already a millionaire and paid to have the car built specifically for him after it was imported for him and it still got expelled from the country the first time. If it was just a matter of greasing palms then I imagine it would have been done already like Bill Gates did in the 80s so he could have a 959; so the only way I can possibly expect it to be allowed in the country short of pretending to live in Canada would be if it was purchased directly by a museum of some sort.

Last edited:
For context, Walker was already a millionaire and paid to have the car built specifically for him after it was imported for him and it still got expelled from the country the first time. If it was just a matter of greasing palms then I imagine it would have been done already like Bill Gates did in the 80s so he could have a 959; so the only way I can possibly expect it to be allowed in the country short of pretending to live in Canada would be if it was purchased directly by a museum of some sort.

I didn't mean bribery. I meant that there isn't any actual good reason why the car (from a famous movie franchise) can't exist in the US. It's not hurting anyone. Whatever the law is for, it's not to prevent this. I just have to think that there is some kind of way to get this particular case recognized by someone with the authority to let it pass.

Maybe it takes an act of congress, that also seems do-able. Enough petitioners perhaps.

There wasn't any good reason for the 25 year rule to begin with, but here we are. And individual states (Northeast in particular) are trending worse as more and more desirable cars become eligible, not better

Last edited:
I didn't mean bribery. I meant that there isn't any actual good reason why the car (from a famous movie franchise) can't exist in the US. It's not hurting anyone. Whatever the law is for, it's not to prevent this. I just have to think that there is some kind of way to get this particular case recognized by someone with the authority to let it pass.

Maybe it takes an act of congress, that also seems do-able. Enough petitioners perhaps.
I think because of how it skirted the law the first time around, they decided to bookmark its VIN & possibly use it as an example of what to do with any other Skylines that might have tried to get in the US early. Doesn't matter to them if the result of finding a loophole ended up making the car famous & iconic, to Customs, it was still illegal. I would say if someone is bold enough, buy it, keep it in Europe and then try to get approval for importation in 2026. Worse case, Customs recognizes the VIN/Kaizo ID and notes the car is red flagged because of its history.

Funny enough, if the car hadn't come into the states the way it did, it would probably get a qualification for Show & Display. There's at least 3-4 R34 models now eligible for it, tmk.

Back