Pause Menu Popup Mid Race!

• Thread starter Inzyman
  • 5 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Central Coast NSW
Cranew1
Running my Thrustmaster T300RS and mid race or typically when on a hotlap I get the pause menu popup outa the blue! To turn it off the wheel has to be horizontal, so if mid corner when you hit continue you spear off into the wall!!! Happens regularly, what's the fix?

Hey Inzyman, I've had this issue with Pcars, Pcars2, AC and GTsport. If it's the same thing me and some of my friends are getting it's probably an issue with the wheel and not the game.
You can search for "t300 random button press" and find loads of threads all over with people having the same problem.
As far as I know it's to do with the connector between the rim and the base losing connection momentarily which will result in a random button activation.
I've found it happens to me when there is a certain amount of flex between the rim and buttonbox/base and that tightening the 6 allen bolts on the front can get rid of this flexing for a while (be carefull not to put too much force into tightening these bolts as you can can damage them quite easily)
I have found other methods that claim to get rid of the problem which would involve placing a washer behind the connector coming from the base, but I have not tried this yet as it would possibly involve me opening up the base and thus voiding my warranty (which is a good thing not to do with thrustmaster products).

anyway there should be plenty of info out there for you to read up on and find out if you are having the same problem.

good luck

Hey Inzyman, I've had this issue with Pcars, Pcars2, AC and GTsport. If it's the same thing me and some of my friends are getting it's probably an issue with the wheel and not the game.
You can search for "t300 random button press" and find loads of threads all over with people having the same problem.
As far as I know it's to do with the connector between the rim and the base losing connection momentarily which will result in a random button activation.
I've found it happens to me when there is a certain amount of flex between the rim and buttonbox/base and that tightening the 6 allen bolts on the front can get rid of this flexing for a while (be carefull not to put too much force into tightening these bolts as you can can damage them quite easily)
I have found other methods that claim to get rid of the problem which would involve placing a washer behind the connector coming from the base, but I have not tried this yet as it would possibly involve me opening up the base and thus voiding my warranty (which is a good thing not to do with thrustmaster products).

anyway there should be plenty of info out there for you to read up on and find out if you are having the same problem.

good luck
Cheers mate, will check that out!! Appreciate it.

Happens to me as well. But it's been quite a while since I last experienced it. I had forgotten about it before I read this thread. Let's hope they fix this somehow.

Yeah happens to me as well. T300RS with Ferrari GTE rim. Often its the start button. I went about 2-3 weeks without it happening, then it happened 3 times yesterday! It will crop up once a week or so for me. There is no consistency when it happens. I was thinking it was often during left turns, but I had it happen just rolling down a straight with no feedback in the wheel at all! I haven't tried any solutions, and until it gets really bad, then I'm not too worried. A minor annoyance for such a great wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back