"Pause racers"

• Thread starter RacingFan1
  • 37 comments
I’ve used pause before to avoid dive bombers, they just pass right through you and go off the track instead of smashing into you, but never for an overtake, your car slows down a lot on pause so I don’t see how this really works other than on a big straight where you could draft right through someone.

I had a fellow from South America pull this on me in Race B this past weekend. I was wondering how the heck he got past me on a corner without smashing into me. Now I know how he did it, he hit pause and just auto drove thru me. Explains the ghosting. He got the Podium finish I deserved.

Last edited:
Yeah, and pay real money to repair a car when you crash into a wall.

That sounds like a good idea to me! :P

You can say no to realism when its not needed

Regardless of whether it's considered needed or wanted or not, I'd certainly like to have the option to ban the pause menu in user-created lobbies.

VBR
Whether it's considered needed or wanted, I'd certainly like to have the option to ban the pause menu in user-created lobbies. Don't care about Sport mode.
I agree that the more options the better, although i'd easily prefer to tweak the pausing and its consequences rather than banning pausing altogether, i see it as overkill

Have to admire how people discover and then exploit these things!

When it gets paused, slow the car down to 50mph, ghost it, and when it's unpaused give them a 3 second countdown before they can go like in rolling starts. Then keep it ghosted for another 5 seconds until they filter back in

VBR
Regardless of whether it's considered needed or wanted or not, I'd certainly like to have the option to ban the pause menu in user-created lobbies.
You can already do that, can't you? Auto drive is in the section with the assists.

Re people overtaking, surely it doesn't actually allow people to overtake any more easily than if we had ghost racing, i.e. they still have to actually be faster than the car they're overtaking. With the loss of control while auto driving, and the fact it doesn't necessarily immediately ghost, I'd have thought you'd have to be a heck of a lot faster than the car you're overtaking. Does anyone have a video of themselves successfully overtaking using auto drive?

Back