Paying For Fuel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crazed_Coupe
  • 48 comments
  • 3,366 views

Do you agree with refueling you car/truck?

  • Yes

    Votes: 26 38.2%
  • No

    Votes: 42 61.8%

  • Total voters
    68
Messages
1,526
Messages
Crazed_Coupe
Do you think that we should pay for fuel for our cars and trucks? I was thinking to my self, because we already pay for engine rebuilds, chassis rebuilds, oil changes, and car washes it would only seem logical IMO to pay for fuel as well. I was thinking that PD could have a set average fuel price for certain countries as of right now and they could leave it at that price for the rest of GT5's life or they could possibly do a real time average fuel update from country to country and you could refuel your car in GT Auto once you were running low or completely out. This is just an idea of mine that I personally think would be a neat add on to GT5.

Do you think this would be a good add on to GT5 and why? 👍
 
Crazed_Coupe
Do you think that we should pay for fuel for our cars and trucks? I was thinking to my self, because we already pay for engine rebuilds, chassis rebuilds, oil changes, and car washes it would only seem logical IMO to pay for fuel as well. I was thinking that PD could have a set average fuel price for certain countries as of right now and they could leave it at that price for the rest of GT5's life or they could possibly do a real time average fuel update from country to country and you could refuel your car in GT Auto once you were running low or completely out. This is just an idea of mine that I personally think would be a neat add on to GT5.

Do you think this would be a good add on to GT5 and why? 👍

While it would be a cool little add on to the game, I think they have other priorities they could and should attend to first. It is a pretty cool idea though!
 
Doesn't pitting already refuel your gas?
 
No. Fuel is usually a sponsor-provided thing, and since theres no sponsorship in GT5, it would cost money straight out of pocket. So to make it do-able, they would have to increase the payouts, and that would upset the balance of car prices... no. Just, no. If you could put paying sponsors on your car? Yes.
 
Don't make this Gran Turismo 5: The Real Spending Simulator.
 
No or I'd be in debt, I currently have $4 lol it is an intresting idea though
 
uMadson?
Don't make this Gran Turismo 5: The Real Spending Simulator.

:lol: And I didn't take into account the sponsorship thing, that is a very valid point Hawkeye!
 
Don't make this Gran Turismo 5: The Real Spending Simulator.

With all the money you can make in this game gas wouldn't hurt your pocket at all! What are you talking about? :lol:
 
however I'm notoriously bad at saving money never had a million until the eifel seasonal
 
No. Fuel is usually a sponsor-provided thing, and since theres no sponsorship in GT5, it would cost money straight out of pocket. So to make it do-able, they would have to increase the payouts, and that would upset the balance of car prices... no. Just, no. If you could put paying sponsors on your car? Yes.

Oh. I was thinking that way, too.

I think it'll be a pretty good idea If it was implemented. But as everyone else posted, It'll upset Credit earnings pretty badly. If PD also added sponsors to pay most of the prices like what Hawkeye said, then It wouldn't upset it as much.
 
No. Fuel is usually a sponsor-provided thing, and since theres no sponsorship in GT5, it would cost money straight out of pocket. So to make it do-able, they would have to increase the payouts, and that would upset the balance of car prices... no. Just, no. If you could put paying sponsors on your car? Yes.

They would have to increase the payouts to pay for $60 worth of gas when you fin $1000 in the first race of your GT5 career? How would paying for gas result in the balance of car prices be affected at all? I find your concept of this idea very hard to comprehend.
 
How could one buy fuel from GT auto while in a race?

We pay for repairs in real life, maybe they should add that.....or
we pay road tax in real life, maybe they should add that.......or
we get stopped by police in real life maybe they should add that.......or
you get the idea.

It isn't a bad idea to be honest but isn't really high on the list of priorities right now.
 
I want to upgrade my floormats. **** YOU PD.
 
How could one buy fuel from GT auto while in a race?

We pay for repairs in real life, maybe they should add that.....or
we pay road tax in real life, maybe they should add that.......or
we get stopped by police in real life maybe they should add that.......or
you get the idea.

It isn't a bad idea to be honest but isn't really high on the list of priorities right now.

Well i'm pretty sure it's easy to see that i'm not telling PD directly to do this right away. If they decided to ask players what more they wanted from the game of course i'd have things to suggest that are way higher on the priority list than this, once again it's just an idea. :)
 
cb1021
I want to upgrade my floormats. **** YOU PD.

Hey now, I just bought floor mats for my real car. They make a big difference. Don't hate. :lol:
 
Petrol prices are too high. It'd be too expensive for so little fuel.

In the real world anyway :lol:
 
They would have to increase the payouts to pay for $60 worth of gas when you fin $1000 in the first race of your GT5 career? How would paying for gas result in the balance of car prices be affected at all? I find your concept of this idea very hard to comprehend.

Have you ever been to a track day? Usually the fuel on offer is about $5 a gallon, if not more. Also, you can just put 87 Octane into a Corvette C.6 GTE.

Racing fuel is expensive. Sure, when you first buy the game and are still messing around in the Beginner Series, it's pretty ok to say that fuel would only cost $60.

Get up to the FGT championship, Historic Car Cup, Dream Car Championship, etc, Who knows how much the fuel for those cars must cost?
And they burn A LOT of it.

And dont get me started on paying for each individual tyre...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Flawed idea that was poorly thought out, we don't need mundane and trivial things like this over things that they should be working on for the game like RM'ing all the premiums and adding more cars (convert standards to premiums too).
 
Flawed idea that was poorly thought out, we don't need mundane and trivial things like this over things that they should be working on for the game like RM'ing all the premiums and adding more cars (convert standards to premiums too).
I wouldn't say flawed, it is a rather simple concept.


That said, I do actually completely agree with you otherwise. Such trifling with meaningless features does just as you say... taking time away from the important bits.
 
And dont get me started on paying for each individual tyre...

This post has nothing to do with tires and like I mentioned earlier cost of fuel wouldn't be a big problem but we all have our opinions bud.

Flawed idea that was poorly thought out, we don't need mundane and trivial things like this over things that they should be working on for the game like RM'ing all the premiums and adding more cars (convert standards to premiums too).

Where did I ever say this was higher on the priority list than some more important things like converting standards into premiums? You have a really bad habit of not respecting other peoples opinions based on some previous posts I've seen you reply to, it was a simple yes or no and why, not shooting me down about a simple idea.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Its flawed for a number of reasons...

1) How are you going to pay for all that racing fuel you use in the enduros?
2) What about online play?
3) What if you run out of money and run out of cars to sell? Game over?
4) Why GT Auto? Would you tally up how much you've used then go there to pay?

Theres more reasons than that I'm sure but theres some that prove it...

My bad I did give the impression that you said it should be a priority thing but theres more important things than paying for fuel to worry about to add to this game.

I respect your opinion completely, don't be so soft about how I've come across in my reply.
 
Its flawed for a number of reasons...

1) How are you going to pay for all that racing fuel you use in the enduros?
2) What about online play?
3) What if you run out of money and run out of cars to sell? Game over?
4) Why GT Auto? Would you tally up how much you've used then go there to pay?



I respect your opinion completely, don't be so soft about how I've come across in my reply.

1. As I mentioned earlier I did not think about the mid-race refueling but you could always buy in bulk for the race but once again I haven't thought that through.

2. Using fuel would not take place online unless someone starts a race.

3. I'm not sure how you figure making people pay for fuel means there going to run out of money and cars to sell considering you have to pay for everything else in GT Auto, I might be missing the big point here but I can't make out what your saying. You also will never run out of cars to sell because you'll always be in one car which means you'll always have one car no matter the situation.

4. GT Auto is where you do everything else for your car, so yes you would go there and fill up and then be charged a certain amount based on how much fuel you put into the car.

I don't take your replies "softly", I would just like my opinion to be respected that is all. 👍
 
Like I said, I respect your opinion....

3) Yeah you're down to that last car you own, you have no money and no fuel, what now?
4) Fair enough but a in race menu 'bowser' would be a better idea wouldn't it?
 
Like I said, I respect your opinion....

3) Yeah you're down to that last car you own, you have no money and no fuel, what now?
4) Fair enough but a in race menu 'bowser' would be a better idea wouldn't it?

Well don't put yourself in a situation where you don't have $10 to fill up the car for a race? Look, I know this idea has many flaws in it but then again it just came to me while I was playing GT5 and I threw it on the forum just to see what everyone thought of the concept.
 
Some people just don't think that far ahead tho and that's the problem. Its an idea, but it should just stay as an idea.
 
Some people just don't think that far ahead tho and that's the problem. Its an idea, but it should just stay as an idea.

Well PD is more than likely not going to listen to us even if we did have a good idea.
 
Can't help but agree with you on that...doubt they listen to their own ideas sometimes.
 
Can't help but agree with you on that...doubt they listen to their own ideas sometimes.

:lol:

Well I didn't have intentions of starting an argument with you or anyone else in this thread but I guess this is what an idea is all about, back and forth with ideas, questions, confusion, etc.. 👍
 
Back