Paying For Fuel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crazed_Coupe
  • 48 comments
  • 3,366 views

Do you agree with refueling you car/truck?

  • Yes

    Votes: 26 38.2%
  • No

    Votes: 42 61.8%

  • Total voters
    68
Im not trying to attack you personally, or saying its a bad idea, just stating that there would be things that needed to be worked out.
 
I think I have a better idea:

When your starting the game (beginner through amateur) there's a section before the races start where it shows your driver filling up your car at a petrol (gas) station just outside the track and then it shows the car driving into the circuit.

I think this would give a better sense of realism.
 
There where you say sponsorship if you look in Tsukuba just after the pits there is a shell petrol station so they must have asked for some kind of permission to use it in there game how hard would it be to ask if they could actually use the station as it would publicise shell as a brand of fuel just a suggestion
 
Paying for fuel would be a pointless addition really. What i do think would have been a good idea from release would be that you have to pay for the damage occured to your car and others directly out of your winnings. This would maybe stop a few of the online idiots using other peoples cars as battering rams!
 
It would be annoying in this I think, then we'd probably have to pay each time for a new set of tires..
Would be fun in GTA though
 
What about getting a puncture ???? 💡
This could possible stop corner cutting , or rubbing with other cars .
Don't get me wrong , I'm not saying this should be the result everytime the above happens but if we're talking about the lower scale of extra things to ad this could be quiet a challenge :)
Please don't shoot me down just a thought ;)
 
Idont
Think it would work, cause this would thatyou would have to buy it at gt auto, so you will spent 50% of your game int this mebu
 
God no, I'm currently doing a 24 hour race in my 787B and I'm filling 62 litres per stop and I'm going to make at least 48 stops so I'd use 2976 litres of fuel which at a price of say 1.36 (UK price) per litre I'd spend £4047.36 over the space of the race. I don't want to do that :lol:
 
Fuel is usually a sponsor-provided thing,

just imagine:
100 Octane Racing Fuel by GranTurismo

The sponsorship problem is easily solved by PD creating subsidiaries from the gran turismo name.

for example:
GT Auto
Gran Turismo Academy -it's on the Gran turismo pace car licence plate

Also, you see Gran turismo bilboards everywhere, so why cant they use that as a sponsor?

However, dont think I am for paying: I put NO
 
Last edited:
Gran Turismo Academy -it's on the Gran turismo pace car licence plate

I thought I saw the same Logo on a flag, and it said "Gran Turismo Association" Which would be better anyways :)
 
That would be a cool idea. But have a fuel price that you would have to pay at the end of the month. You used up this much fuel this month, which costs this much, now pay!

The only problem is most grinders wouldn't really get anywhere. Which is good to an extent.

EDIT: Make an option to toggle on and off, so the hardcore sim-racers can get the most true to life driving expeirence, while the people who just want to play the game can drive the 'Ring for hours and hours because they had a bad day, without being punished.
 
Last edited:
I think this is a bit pointless. If they were to make players pay for anything else in this game, what about damage repair? I think people would drive a lot more carefully!
 
Ideally you should pay for fuel, brakes, tires, damage, fees and all other consumables things. Used (or damaged) parts stay used after each race and will have to be periodically replaced. This could be implemented in a new challenging A-Spec mode focusing on realism on every aspect rather than the current general audience-oriented one.
 
^ Actually, I think you're correct about "a new challenging A-Spec mode focusing on realism". Now get back to work, fill $50 and clean my windows boy.
 
Ideally you should pay for fuel, brakes, tires, damage, fees and all other consumables things. Used (or damaged) parts stay used after each race and will have to be periodically replaced. This could be implemented in a new challenging A-Spec mode focusing on realism on every aspect rather than the current general audience-oriented one.

Yeah I was thinking because not many people like the idea, it could be an option in A Spec mode like you said. 👍
 
Back