Payouts are low but I pledge not to buy credits. Who's with me?

• Thread starter umafeckit
  • 147 comments
United States
United States
So the payouts from races are fairly low and, unlike GT5, they are no higher in the seasonal events. Sony have claimed that micro-transactions in the form of credit purchasing isn't "required' for GT6, yet the low payouts contradict this. I, for one, am voting with my wallet and pledge not to play their game and purchase the credits. Let's send a message! Who's pledging with me? We don't want the GT franchise to turn into Forza 5.

Even if everyone of us here does not spend any money on the credit packs, its not going to make a difference, there are going to be a lot people I bet buying them that will out number the amount of user's this site has.

Wow, seriously? I don't have the game but this is terrible. GT6 is already hard to justify as it is, now the players have to deal with this kind of BS as well.

One more reason not to get this game at all, I was planning to get it used but now there's no way I'm even touching it.

Gotta realize micro-transactions have been popping up everywhere. It's a fairly new trend to the game industry, but no company/game is immune.

This isn't just a PD thing, nor is it the first occurrence of such a thing. Don't think about it, it's something you have to hunt for anyways. It doesn't break the game, and isn't necessary for anything. Completely optional.

They definitely designed the game with the microtransactions in mind though, payouts are low. I've been racing my ass off and have 1.7million, barely spent anything. I could blow that all on one car, 41% into the game so far. You also get a lot less prize cars in GT6, most event series don't give one, not even the 5 race championship at the end of National A.

I'm not going to buy any though, no desire to.

i dont need to buy any. cant see myself ever buying credits, Maybe good DLC Later, but not for credits. I prefer to play the races.

I'm really happy my anniversary edition came with 1,000,000 credits. The career mode isn't much fun, so the less grinding I have to do, the better.
I definitely won't be buying credits with real cash.

I have played every game and pre ordered 2 to 6. But no, I will never pay for credits. I will pay for added content however if i want it as I see that as a totally different thing. But there again I won't pay for anything that was added in GT5 and taken away again such as cough speed test cough.

Unfortunately, this will probably be the first Gran Turismo game where I will not buy or drive more than 100 cars because of the macro-transactions, though I will still spend a lot of time having fun with it. If this is the way gaming is going however, then I will be playing my PS3 games for a looooooooooooong time.

Nope, not going to buy credits. GT6's economy is fine for the time being. Hell, the game has only been out since Friday. Seriously. Friday. I see no need to have everything right now, and feel bad for anyone who does. Slow down. A something and their something are soon something. Maybe I'm just a dinosaur. If I buy anything in GT6, it'll be DLC cars / tracks.

Hey I'm with you OP, but at the same time, I sort of don't mind having to play the game to get credits, and the alternative is to basically 'skip' the game, by buying credits.

I think this is just a stage to, since its so early, I think eventually (feb/mar) the seasonals will crack the 6 figure bracket, even if they're only once off, I am curious to know what the credit limit is this time (or if it exists/unless you buy credits past the limit).

Besides getting the free 1 million credits, I haven't gotten credits via transactions.

Funny enough, I haven't really spent that much credits in game so far.

Its worth $10 to me to get cars that are more fun to drive. I figure the more money they make, the more DLC's and Tracks they'll offer.

There is no way I am paying for credits either.

This is the worst Gran Turismo Game I have played which is all of them, in regards to prize cars and credit system.
I thought GT5 was bad in that respect but this is worse.

They are now essentially charging you to buy Car's I already payed for on the disc. Yes I know you have the choice in paying real money, but the game has been designed to encourage you do so, which I see as morally wrong. Seems to be aimed at those Kiddie I Phone Generation Type who build up massive Bills on their Parents accounts just to unlock the next stage in a Game.

I like a challenge, but this is just ridiculous.

While I like the game, it just seems to be set up so they can add features over time, and charge a fortune for it.
I suspect that once every bit of Download Content is released over the next 2 years or so, the original Game itself will only be 1/3 to 1/2 of the total purchase cost.

Don't feed the scam. Don't do it. First it will be an option to get in-game money, then they will make it the only way to get money. Who knows what will happen next. Nothing is really stopping them from charging for the most stupid things. The only thing that stops them (for now) is that there are still people who oppose these marketing strategies.

Its worth $10 to me to get cars that are more fun to drive. I figure the more money they make, the more DLC's and Tracks they'll offer.

I'm sure PD has enough money to develop the game further.

There is no way I'll be paying for In-Game credits. DLC Cars and Tracks, sure, but not Credits!

Last edited:
If I buy anything in GT6, it'll be DLC cars / tracks.

My thoughts exactly. This is really the only game I would shell out any cash for, but only for DLC. I'm finding it a fun challenge to see just how stingy I can be with credits until I hit a big number and blow it all on some car. I've only tuned, what, 4 cars, only buying ONE of those? They might call me a miser, but I call it efficiency.

I will never buy credits. I almost have the $1,000,000 needed to buy the NSX concept ... but with money being so hard to earn I am not sure, LOL.

Hey I'm with you OP, but at the same time, I sort of don't mind having to play the game to get credits, and the alternative is to basically 'skip' the game, by buying credits.

I think this is just a stage to, since its so early, I think eventually (feb/mar) the seasonals will crack the 6 figure bracket, even if they're only once off, I am curious to know what the credit limit is this time (or if it exists/unless you buy credits past the limit).

Agreed: I want the game to last me and I'm not expecting to buy every car I want right away. Nonetheless, the current payouts seem a little on the stingy side (by perhaps a factor of 2 or 3 or so) and it's hard not to see that in the light of the "optional" microtransactions. Hopefully the payouts for seasonals go up next year, but I'm not holding my breath as doing so will create a conflict of interest with the cashing coming in through microtransactions.

Right now I have the 25 car pack, so that's enough to keep me going for a bit. Saving up for the Nissan GT-R R35.

I don't find the payouts bad, sure its slow in the beginning but they pick up. The goodwood and lunar events paid out very well.

I currently have nearly 1.5M starting with nothing and without spending on tuning. The goal here is to save! If you spend recklessly, you'll find money issues.

So the payouts from races are fairly low and, unlike GT5, they are no higher in the seasonal events. Sony have claimed that micro-transactions in the form of credit purchasing isn't "required' for GT6, yet the low payouts contradict this. I, for one, am voting with my wallet and pledge not to play their game and purchase the credits. Let's send a message! Who's pledging with me? We don't want the GT franchise to turn into Forza 5.

I almost did. there was no extra credits or owning gt5, and no car transfers either. I'll just grind to get my 787B.

Last edited:
Back