PC Building Simulator - Build What You're Unable to Because LOL Prices

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
97cb31f4-9747-4065-90e1-b9e809e8654b.jpeg

Genuinely surprised this isn't an existing thread. So let's get straight to it, shall we?

What is PC Building Simulator? As the name of the game implies, you build PCs. Though, that isn't all you do. In the campaign, you're more tasked with repairs and general maintenance. Things that can genuinely help newcomers to the hobby. It even has a tutorial, though I have no idea how in-depth it is.

Can it be used as a teaching tool? To a certain extent, yes. There are some truly odd design limitations or an apparent lack of attention to detail. For example, when putting together a liquid cooling loop, the order doesn't matter in the slightest, nor does it matter if you use an inlet as an outlet and vice-versa. Certain motherboard headers are just...unavailable for use; every fan can be daisy-chained; cables routing in awkward ways — basically things that would only bother those of us already familiar with the hobby enough to think "Well, that's not right."

How much is it? On Steam, it's $19.99 for the Standard version, $24.98 for the Overclocked Edition, and we won't discuss the Maxed Out Edition. ...It's $62.81.

What platforms is it available on? PC and consoles!

Alright, that's enough of the "official" rhetoric. How fun is the game? Incredibly so for days at a time or in short bursts (like two or three times a week). You can plan out builds pretty effectively but you will come up short eventually. Have a look at some of my favorites:

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

Screenshot (17).png

If you have the game, get to sharing!

XWweCnkl.jpg

Rough approximation of what I'd be doing if I had the space and budget for a desktop.

c0hkbuVl.jpg

Hard pipe liquid cooled setup in a tiny case and SHOCK it's thermals aren't great. Also, aforementioned cable routing issues are evident as the cable powering the mobo winds THROUGH the 3090.

Last edited:
Back