pc vs ps4 pro

• Thread starter MiltonDK
  • 24 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Hi!

I would like to know, if there is any significant difference between pc and ps4 pro, when using a clubsport 2.5 wheelbase? Is worth upgrading to pc?

Most wheels do expose additional settings outside those available in game when hooked up to a PC - how much this matters varies per game and on personal preference. However, PC gives you access to far more racing games than PS4 does and the cross platform games like Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa are far better on PC also.

In terms of force feedback though my T300 feels the same on Project Cars 2 on PC as it does on PS4.

Also not to forget, on pc you will have much higher ffb update rates then on console. The result is much more detail and much more smoothness.
Assetto on console use only the half update rate then on pc. Feels like a other game.

Gotta get a pc then

There is probably only one reason to stay on ps4. GranTurismo.
Xbox not needed anymore because forza and horizon also on pc. :)
Whith a wheel(dosnt matter what brand) and a PC you have the chance to enter the real world of Sim Racing. All the games, all the mods, all the settings, tools, hardware.... freedom of use all the stuff that you can buy for money :D

Depends on how much you want to spend as to whether the console or PC will have better specs. I would expect a PC to cost upwards of twice the price of a console to have higher specs.

CJ

Hi!

...difference between pc and ps4 pro, when using a clubsport 2.5 wheelbase?

I didn't realize the Clubsport v2.5 worked on PS4. But as far as your question on gaming on a PC, I'm subb'ed to hear how others feel. My personal feeling is the only thing holding me to PS4 is Gran Turismo. I started switching over to PC after the Sony/Microsoft wheel licencing fiasco, but broke-down and bought a compatible wheel, so my transition was put on hold. I also didn't like the idea of subscription gaming (iRacing) but Sony's Plus membership isn't very different.

I didn't realize the Clubsport v2.5 worked on PS4. But as far as your question on gaming on a PC, I'm subb'ed to hear how others feel. My personal feeling is the only thing holding me to PS4 is Gran Turismo. I started switching over to PC after the Sony/Microsoft wheel licencing fiasco, but broke-down and bought a compatible wheel, so my transition was put on hold. I also didn't like the idea of subscription gaming (iRacing) but Sony's Plus membership isn't very different.
Most wheels are compatible and cross console compatible with this: https://collectiveminds.ca/news/collective-minds-announces-drive-hub-racing-wheel-convertor/ :)

Using a ps4pro for 3 years is almost the same price then using a pc the same time.

PS4 = gran turismo only. (all other racing games on pc available)
PC = everything(even gran turismo on ps2 emulator).

PS4 = 9€ per month to play online.
PC = no extra costs.

ps4pro 360€ + 9€ per month to play online.

after 3 years = 684€

pc = 715€ *

* cpu ryzon5 2600 130€
gpu rtx2060 6gb 350€
board 50€
ram 16gb 60€
hdd 2tb 60€
psu 500w 40€
case 25€

power consumption: 1h per day, 1year, 1kwh=0,32cent(germany)
pc
deskop idle 52w / 18,93 kWh 6,06 €
desktop youtube video + 2 browser tabs 58w / 21,11 kWh 6,76 €
rfactor2 16 cars 108w / 39,31 kWh 12,58 €
rfactor2 32 cars 112w / 40,77 kWh 13,05 €
rfactor2 100 cars 135w / 49,14 kWh 15,72 €
assetto corsa 16 cars 121w / 44,04 kWh 14,09 €
assetto corsa 32 cars 147w / 53,51 kWh 17,12 €
horizon 4 185w / 67,34 kWh 21,55 €
acc 16 cars 235w / 85,54 kWh 27,37 €

ps4

desktop idle 76w / 27,66 kWh 8,85 €
youtube video in browser 104w / 37,86 kWh 12,11 €
gt-s 16 cars 150w / 54,60 kWh 17,47 €

Last edited:
Get a PC if you also want a variety of driving simulators such as 18 Wheels of Steel, Euro Truck Simulator, City Car Driving, as well as other driving or racing games available because the list is limited if you're going to get a console, unless you are a hardcore GT player which is only unique for PS consoles and no emulator that can play PS3 or PS4 titles has been made yet for PC because they might be complicated or impossible to emulate so yeah.

Stick with PC unless you also love to play a lot of games in a home console. Also, you can modify game files if you want to try something different with it.

PS4 = 9€ per month to play online.

ps4pro 360€ + 9€ per month to play online.

after 3 years = 684€
What? You have to pay to play online? When I had a PS4, I was able to play GT5 online for free.

What? You have to pay to play online? When I had a PS4, I was able to play GT5 online for free.
GT5 Online? Maybe you're actually talking about GTA Online.

Man, these microtransactions suck to be honest. If that's the case, then it's essentially like an internet cafe where you have to pay before you can go and do anything you wish online.

GT5 Online? Maybe you're actually talking about GTA Online.

Man, these microtransactions suck to be honest. If that's the case, then it's essentially like an internet cafe where you have to pay before you can go and do anything you wish online.
Yes, have to have an internet connection to post lap times and whatnot.

Offline you cant even buy a car in GT-Sport, Vendor is greyed out and you have no access :D GT-S is the shame of Gran Turismo history:D:D

9€ per month is realy the limit im willing to pay to play.
There is a option to buy 1 year then its lower price but this is no option, at least for me.
One time i did this mistake and bound myself 1 year to psn. But 70% of this time i didnt even played on ps4 :(
Like Daz555 say,the awnser is both. Periodical jumping from PC to PS4, here too :D I want drive and test every racing game.
At the moment, while waiting for rfactor2 nordschleife release, i have good fun in gt-s, thanks to drivehub :)

I still don't get it. Is this a GTS only thing that you have to pay to be able to get online? I believe I started with GT2 until GT5 and I never paid extra to go online with GT.

Online was free until PS4. So it is not a dame, but Sony decision.
Oh, this reminds me that I never had a PS4. It was a PS3, the first fat version. :embarrassed:

I never bought another PS after the PS3. If the PS5 is going to be the same, I mean having to pay to get online, I'll never get another PS and stay with PC gaming.

Online was free until PS4. So it is not a dame, but Sony decision.
So this could also be one of the reasons why basketball gamers are negatively affected about the recent NBA 2K games, which is already being blamed for some of its ridiculous microtransactions.

So this could also be one of the reasons why basketball gamers are negatively affected about the recent NBA 2K games, which is already being blamed for some of its ridiculous microtransactions.
That is unrelated. If NBA 2K has microtransactions it's because 2K Sports wants it that way. Nothing to do with Sony.

Online gaming was free in PS3 days but their overall online service was light years behind Xbox Live which was a paid for service and benefited from the extra investment they were able to make as a result. I think Sony made the right choice in charging for Playstation Plus and close to 40million customers are subscribed to the service (over 100million PS4s have been sold to date).

Just to clarify. Playstation Network (PSN) is free. Sony charge for some additional services which utilise PSN:

Playstation Plus - online gaming, "free" monthly games, discounts on the Playstation Store.
Playstation Now - game streaming service. A library of PS3 and PS4 games which can be streamed to PS4 or PC.

Last edited:
Back