Pcars Money back thread

• Thread starter avfc82
  • 42 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Australia
I've tried to like this game. Formula a is so buggy before and after 1.04 that it's so unplayable, we have all been duped. Patch notes are a lie, career mode is very unplayable. Tried to mention the bugs but what's the point too many to mention. 100 bucks for a game with great graphics and 100's of gamebreaking bugs is.....
We should be entitled to a full refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm inclined to agree. i've spent more time trying to get force feedback that is driveable than i have actually playing the game.

It is, quite frankly, ridiculous. And the forums over at the official website are full of a sycophantic SMS Defence Force that make it nigh on impossible to express any grievance for fear of the ban hammer.

For a "community driven" game, they sure don't like to hear how pissed off their community is.

I'm inclined to agree. i've spent more time trying to get force feedback that is driveable than i have actually playing the game.

It is, quite frankly, ridiculous. And the forums over at the official website are full of a sycophantic SMS Defence Force that make it nigh on impossible to express any grievance for fear of the ban hammer.

For a "community driven" game, they sure don't like to hear how pissed off their community is.

Well said toon, we try to let them know the problems but they have our money now, pity could've been a super title.

Well said toon, they have our money now.
Could've been a super title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be done in 1st week. Was giving the patch a chance just made things worse imo....
What do you mean must be done in the first week? Unless you have the PC version and have put over 2 hours into it then you should be able to get a refund somehow.

Reactions: VBR
Yes sadly the official forum is basically run like China. Ian Bell posts on there and in the last week has been very rude to a foreign guy trying to get help, picking on his attempts at writing in English... pretty disgusting really, Ian seems like a bit of a .... bell... You'd swear by the official forum the game is more accurate than real life.... shame but i expected it, after all they were behind Shift 2 which could of been great but was riddled with bugs and bad stock set ups and dodgy FFB... PCars is Shift 3 basically... we were warned...

image.jpg

I can't even

What do you mean must be done in the first week? Unless you have the PC version and have put over 2 hours into it then you should be able to get a refund somehow.
My retailer takes exchanges and or refunds one week from purchase, after that it's ditto, as someone said buy games 6 months after release.....

My retailer takes exchanges and or refunds one week from purchase, after that it's ditto, as someone said buy games 6 months after release.....
Go to a different retailer or something. Complaining here won't get you're money back.

Reckon that 99.9% would agree with my gripe, how many groans in the bug and glitches thread are we at now?
Don't know, don't read it. I'm just saying it's best to try and take your game to a different retailer.

Reckon that 99.9% would agree with my gripe, how many groans in the bug and glitches thread are we at now?

Maybe try doing a thread with a poll asking who wants their money back before making a ridiculous and most likely false claim like that :sly:

You would buy this game again if you know it's current state..:lol:
If you show me that 99.99% of people WOULD want to trade in PCars I will not post in this thread again.

If you show me that 99.99% of people WOULD want to trade in PCars I will not post in this thread again.
See the 100% of people who have ds4 or wheel and read all forums bugs glitches threads, fair few unhappy campers..

Yes ! yes I would, I've only encountered one real bug and it had me laughing so much that I wouldn't mind coming across it again :D
Fair enough, still unplayable though good attitude to have;)

See the 100% of people who have ds4 or wheel and read all forums bugs glitches threads, fair few unhappy campers..
How about reading every single PCars thread that isn't people complaining about bugs?

99.9% is just a phrase not to be taken seriously, still a buggy mess though as reviewers seem to agree with and me...
Point me to reviewers that say PCars is a buggy mess and not a game worth the money then...

*Taken from IGN's review of the PC version of PCars*

"
THE VERDICT
Deep and demanding but incredibly user-friendly, Project CARS looks great, sounds fantastic, and feels even better. The action is ferocious and tactical, the weather effects are awesome, and it’s brimming with content to explore. This is real racing done right."

No mention of ANY bugs in the entire review.

Read it for yourself if you don't believe me.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/project-cars-review

*Taken from IGN's review of the PC version of PCars*

"
THE VERDICT
Deep and demanding but incredibly user-friendly, Project CARS looks great, sounds fantastic, and feels even better. The action is ferocious and tactical, the weather effects are awesome, and it’s brimming with content to explore. This is real racing done right."

No mention of ANY bugs in the entire review.

Read it for yourself if you don't believe me.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/project-cars-review
Must be the ps4 version buggy as hell as I've read quite a few reviews.. The rain and pitstop bugs are the worst, ai slicks and quick in rain and pitting final lap.. Gamebreaking, not arguing with you just what I've come across.

Providing refunds for video games is a tricky one. As a consumer who has been disappointed in with a few games in the past, I can definitely understand the frustration and desire to get a refund. However, I still don't know if I'm for them or against them.:boggled: I buy very few games these days and when I do I generally don't buy them on day one. Instead I do a lot research before investing. This is my best protection against feeling like the OP does, to be honest.

Reactions: VBR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back