NURBURGRING LEADERBOARD | 2 New Cars!! Ford MK IV & Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

United Kingdom
London
SiTheBugski
nordschleife_logo.jpg

PROJECT C.A.R.S NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE LEADERBOARD

Greetings everyone & welcome to the official "SiTheBugski" Project CARS Nurburgring Nordschleife Leaderboard.

With every new racing game, I always find myself asking this question (which car is faster on Nordschleife?) Hopefully in this thread I will be able to answer that very question.

So here I will be hot lapping each and every car featured in Project CARS (including DLC) on the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife, pushing them to their respective limits on the world's most demanding race track. Each car will have a standard / default setup to ensure fairness in times. I will also be posting videos for each and every car I hot lap.

I will try and be as consistent as possible with adding new cars to the leaderboard along with videos (But please be aware that video editing is quite time consuming so there may be some delays, also work may also delay things) So I apologize in advance and I hope you guys can understand.

Please feel free to discuss anything thread related here, also if you have any question about anything or requests please ask either through the comments or PM me.

TRACK CONDITIONS
Track.......................... Nurburgring Nordschleife
Weather Slots............... Fixed / Clear
Weather Progression...... Off
Starting Time............... 09:00
Time Progression.......... Off

CONTROL SCHEME

Platform...................... PS4
Controller Type............. DS4
Automatic Clutch........... Yes
Gearing....................... Manual

CONTROL CONFIGURATION
Steering Deadzone................ 15
Steering Sensitivity............... 25
Throttle Deadzone................. 10
Throttle Sensitivity................ 30
Brake Deadzone.................... 10
Brake Sensitivity................... 15
Clutch Deadzone................... 10
Clutch Sensitivity.................. 45
Speed Sensitivity.................. 65
Controller Filtering Sensitivity.. 0

AUTHENTICITY

Steering Assistance....... No
Braking Assistance........ No
Driving Assists Allowed.. Yes
Anti-Lock Brakes........... Yes
Stability Control............ No
Traction Control............ No
Damage...................... No
Mechanical Failures....... No
Tire Wear.................... No
Fuel Usage................... No
Auto Start Engine.......... Yes
Flags & Penalties........... Yes

Please visit my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SiTheBugski
(I appreciate your support! Also feedback is much appreciated!)

Last edited:
NORDSCHLEIFE HOT LAP LEADERBOARD
(Here you will find all cars lap times posted, sorted quickest to slowest)
Click on highlighted car names to watch the hot lap!

5:59.078 | Audi R18 e-tron Quattro '14 - [LMP1]
6:06.459 | Audi R8 '02 - [LMP900]
6:12.916 | Bentley Speed 8 '03 - [LMP900]
6:15.817 | BMW V12 LMR '99 - [LMP900]
6:26.679 | McLaren F1 GTR Long-Tail '97 - [GT1]
6:29.834 | Mercedes-Benz CLK LM '98 - [GT1]
6:41.388 | RUF CTR3 SMS-R '14 - [GT1X]
6:50.578 | Bentley Continental '14 - [GT3]
6:52.935 | Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO '89 - [TRANS-AM]
6:55.818 | Aston Martin V12 Vantage '13 - [GT3]
7:01.903 | Lotus 72D Cosworth '72 - [FBC]
7:10.554 | Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster '11 - [ROAD]
7:13.877 | Lykan HyperSport '14 - [ROAD]
7:14.141 | McLaren F1 '92 - [ROAD]
7:32.463 | Ford MK IV '67 - [HGT]
7:56.097 | Ariel Atom Mugen '11 - [ROAD]
8:20.790 | Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG '13 - [ROAD]
8:33.725 | Audi A1 Quattro '13 - [ROAD]

Last edited:
Cool - one of my favorite things to do in pCARS right now is to run laps on the Green Hell in the BMW M3 GT4. I only get 2-3 laps in each morning after doing other races but my time is getting faster. Will get more serious whenever my T3PA-Pro pedals arrive.

I like this idea 👍 You got a lot of work to do though.

Yeah, it will take a fair amount of time to get everything done (Lapping, recording and video editing) but it'll be worth it. And also it will be good to see differences in cars in the same sub-class, etc. Aswell as providing players with a general basic comparison.

You do know that there is an online leaderboard that lists the times for each car on each track as posted by PC players.

For example the hypersport has 24 drivers posted a time on the ring fastest is 7:02.409 slowest is 8:28.357
The Atom has 11 times posted fastest is 7:42.907 slowest is 8:30.458

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=697498609&vehicle=526708607

Of course it may not be the same drivers who posted a time but if you just want to get an idea of how any of the various cars stack up that would be a good first place to look.

You do know that there is an online leaderboard that lists the times for each car on each track as posted by PC players.

For example the hypersport has 24 drivers posted a time on the ring fastest is 7:02.409 slowest is 8:28.357

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=697498609&vehicle=526708607

Of course it may not be the same drivers who posted a time but if you just want to get an idea of how any of the various cars stack up that would be a good first place to look.

Oh I didn't know that, that's actually pretty cool thanks for the info. However I'm on PS4, so I'm not sure if there are any differences. Either way I'm doing this for my pleasure, I enjoy hot lapping cars on Nurburgring ever since GT5 days (although I never posted / started a thread :lol:) Also I enjoy being creative and making a video of the hot laps, which is nice because it showcases the car, the game, and gives you a more entertaining way of viewing lap times rather than just looking at the time. Drivers can learn from replays :cheers:

Oh I didn't know that, that's actually pretty cool thanks for the info. However I'm on PS4, so I'm not sure if there are any differences. Either way I'm doing this for my pleasure, I enjoy hot lapping cars on Nurburgring ever since GT5 days (although I never posted / started a thread :lol:) Also I enjoy being creative and making a video of the hot laps, which is nice because it showcases the car, the game, and gives you a more entertaining way of viewing lap times rather than just looking at the time. Drivers can learn from replays :cheers:
As far as I can tell the physics are identical between console and PC. The recent SMS-R championship leaderboard featured several drivers from pc, PS4 and XBone in the top 20, which I don't think would be possible if there were physics differences. I think lap times are comparable across versions, however, the caveat is always whether someone cut the track or not because track cutting to save time is possible in places on some tracks.

Console times do not show up there

Hello STB, I applaud your enthusiasm here! Will you be using modified game settings or is your plan to use 100% Default Engine/Tire/Suspension/Authenticity and Track Condition Settings? Since many of those have an affect on lap times....it might be helpful to post your intended settings for these variables:

CONTROL SCHEME

Platform......................PS4
Controller Type.............
Controller Mfg/Model......
Automatic Clutch...........
Gearing.......................
Inverted Gearing...........
TRACK CONDITIONS
Weather Slots...............
Weather Progression......
Date Type....................
Starting Time...............
Time Progression..........
AUTHENTICITY
Steering Assistance.......
Braking Assistance........
Driving Assists Allowed..
Anti-Lock Brakes...........
Stability Control............
Traction Control............
Damage.......................
Mechanical Failures........
Tire Wear....................
Fuel Usage...................
Auto Start Engine..........
Flags & Penalties...........

Thanks in advance for your reply and I look forward to seeing your times start to post. :cheers:

Console times do not show up there

That is correct, which is why I said times posted by PC Players. It is a smaller sampling than if it would have the consoles as well but it appears that the cars turn pretty much the same times across platforms so it is a way to see what kind of times may be turned in a specific car though it is still early and some of those top times have not truly pushed the car.

For example I went out on one of them a couple of days ago and easily beat the #1 time by about 4 seconds on my first try/lap.

Hello STB, I applaud your enthusiasm here! Will you be using modified game settings or is your plan to use 100% Default Engine/Tire/Suspension/Authenticity and Track Condition Settings? Since many of those have an affect on lap times....it might be helpful to post your intended settings for these variables:

CONTROL SCHEME

Controller Type.............
Automatic Clutch...........
Gearing.......................
TRACK CONDITIONS
Weather Slots...............
Weather Progression......
Starting Time...............
Time Progression..........
AUTHENTICITY
Steering Assistance.......
Braking Assistance........
Driving Assists Allowed..
Anti-Lock Brakes...........
Stability Control............
Traction Control............
Damage.......................
Mechanical Failures........
Tire Wear....................
Fuel Usage...................
Auto Start Engine..........
Flags & Penalties...........

Thanks in advance for your reply and I look forward to seeing your times start to post. :cheers:

I plan on running everything 100% stock, I'm not much of a wizard in the tuning department. And I want the results to be as fair as possible, with no variables effecting / hindering the times.

I guess I should update the OP slightly and mention a few things, but here is my current setup.

CONTROL SCHEME
Controller Type.............DS4
Automatic Clutch...........Yes
Gearing.......................Manual
TRACK CONDITIONS
Weather Slots...............Clear
Weather Progression......No
Starting Time...............10:30am
Time Progression..........0
AUTHENTICITY
Steering Assistance.......No
Braking Assistance........No
Driving Assists Allowed..Yes
Anti-Lock Brakes...........Yes
Stability Control............No
Traction Control............No
Damage.......................No
Mechanical Failures........No
Tire Wear....................No
Fuel Usage...................No
Auto Start Engine..........Yes
Flags & Penalties...........Yes

I plan on running everything 100% stock, I'm not much of a wizard in the tuning department. And I want the results to be as fair as possible, with no variables effecting / hindering the times.

I guess I should update the OP slightly and mention a few things, but here is my current setup.

CONTROL SCHEME
Controller Type.............DS4
Automatic Clutch...........Yes
Gearing.......................Manual
TRACK CONDITIONS
Weather Slots...............Clear
Weather Progression......No
Starting Time...............10:30am
Time Progression..........0
AUTHENTICITY
Steering Assistance.......No
Braking Assistance........No
Driving Assists Allowed..Yes
Anti-Lock Brakes...........Yes
Stability Control............No
Traction Control............No
Damage.......................No
Mechanical Failures........No
Tire Wear....................No
Fuel Usage...................No
Auto Start Engine..........Yes
Flags & Penalties...........Yes
Maybe you could add to your OP, your controller layout as well.👍

Maybe you could add to your OP, your controller layout as well.👍

That's actually a good idea, I'll get working on the updated OP.

I'm also thinking of adding a full car list to the OP, with direct links. So if anyone is looking for a particular car it would make it alot simpler to find 💡

Back