PD has lost the interest to improving GT7?

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 70 comments
3. The current system is designed like a free to play game, pushing players towards mtx to skip the grind.

Adding too much content, changing race payouts or making all cars purchasable at once (no LCD) removes the boring grind aspect they have created and removes the fomo urge to purchase cars before they disappear for a long time….

PD could quite easily add more content but this would likely drop their mtx sales and they don’t want this (we can only speculate to why)
-even letting players sell cars for quick credits would drop mtx sales

So they give us tiny content drops.

Hopefully they realise the damage that this is doing to their brand and backtrack on these decisions soon, before this game becomes completely obsolete and people avoid GT8 onwards as a result.

3. The current system is designed like a free to play game, pushing players towards mtx to skip the grind.

Adding too much content, changing race payouts or making all cars purchasable at once (no LCD) removes the boring grind aspect they have created and removes the fomo urge to purchase cars before they disappear for a long time….

PD could quite easily add more content but this would likely drop their mtx sales and they don’t want this (we can only speculate to why)

Hopefully they realise the damage that this is doing to their brand and backtrack on these decisions soon, before this game becomes completely obsolete and people avoid GT8 onwards as a result.
I think they are just trying to make as much money as possible before their end. And then Kaz announces his retirement from PD.
More and more I think that there won't be a GT8 anymore...

This is another awesome idea for a thread…. Love it.

Of course not. They are still working on it, releasing updates etc.

Now, saying that the game will never be as you think it ought to be…. As more time passes the more likely the outcome will be exactly that.

However, that doesn’t mean they stopped working on improving the game.

And besides: Imagine GT7 will be finished to perfection with the next update. Think it through, then what? We’ll never talk to each other on GtPlanet again as the entire topic of GT7 not being perfect will be gone. That’s not a world I want to live in.

Last edited:
This is another awesome idea for a thread…. Love it.

Of course not. They are still working on it, releasing updates etc.

Now, saying that the game will never be as you think it ought to be…. As more time passes the more likely the outcome will be exactly that.

However, that doesn’t mean they stopped working on improving the game.

And besides: Imagine GT7 will be finished to perfection with the next update. Think it through, then what? We’ll never talk to each other on GtPlanet again as the entire topic of GT7 not being perfect will be gone. That’s not a world I want to live in.
We could discuss about how cool the game is...

I believe the effect that fell on Battlefield 2042 also hit Gran Turismo 7.

In other words, as Jeff Grubb said, it is likely that there will no longer be as much financial commitment to maintaining a game that had the PS4 as a production base, that is, a game with a short lifespan and dated graphics.

Consequently, PD must already be in full production of GT8, to launch a graphically competitive game with Forza 8 and Assetto 2.

I believe the effect that fell on Battlefield 2042 also hit Gran Turismo 7.

In other words, as Jeff Grubb said, it is likely that there will no longer be as much financial commitment to maintaining a game that had the PS4 as a production base, that is, a game with a short lifespan and dated graphics.

Consequently, PD must already be in full production of GT8, to launch a graphically competitive game with Forza 8 and Assetto 2.
This is, perhaps, what Sony should be doing though it doesn't excuse the lack of even a halfway decent BoP or single player content.

It's really not. There's no need to spend money on mtx to get any of the cars, even the ones that appear temporarily in the Used Car/Legends Dealerships.

If someone is indeed spending real money to get the high credit cars, 1. they are stupid, but also 2. that is their choice there is no need for them to do so

If it was F2P, we wouldn't have paid for the game and the game's MTX/grinding would be over the top. And not to mention P2W
I like you, dude.

But could you imagine GT7 with a battle pass type system?!

A "free" pass that rewards wheels and paint, and a paid pass that rewards cars and credits, with a 20mill car for completing the paid pass... yuck!

Last edited:
It's really not. There's no need to spend money on mtx to get any of the cars, even the ones that appear temporarily in the Used Car/Legends Dealerships.

If someone is indeed spending real money to get the high credit cars, 1. they are stupid, but also 2. that is their choice there is no need for them to do so

So EXACTLY like a F2P game then?

Last edited:
So EXACTLY like a F2P game then?
No more like a game where you actually invest time firstly in the cars you do have (you're supposed to enjoy them, not have them just sit in a virtual garage), and then gradually build up credits for something fancy.

I know the 917 is in the game, I know how much it is, but there's no way I'm spending real money on acquiring it. I'll just get it when I have the credits, which will be later down the line. That's fine. I've got plenty to do in the game, plenty cars to drive, plenty cars to tune, plenty cars to race online.

Both reasons do not excuse the lack of events and payouts being added. This still remains the biggest offender of GT7s shallowness and funnily enough, the easiest problem to fix.

i get the impression they just don't care.
It’s good to see there are still people on here not in full PD leg humping mode.

If it was F2P, we wouldn't have paid for the game and the game's MTX/grinding would be over the top. And not to mention p2w
Hence why I said ‘like’ a f2p game, which the economy of GT7 is glaringly obviously designed after. It’s more insulting that we had to pay full price for the f2p modle.

Umm and the grinding is over the top in GT7 - by far the worst in the series (there’s another thread with all the facts of you want to have a look)

A game doesn’t have to be ptw to push you towards mtx. It’s a design that creates LTM items and a massive grind to earn them… that can only be skipped by opening you wallet. (Which fyi, I have not done this myself)

People can chose to stay ignorant if they want, it doesn’t bother me. You can continue the lines of ‘but ‘I’ haven’t purchase any mtx’ but if you want to enlighten yourself - don’t listen to me / search up how the free to play modle works and have an objective look at GT7… compare it to previous GT titles and compare it to popular f2p games..

Once you’ve done this, there is no way that you continue to be that ignorant.

Last edited:

I have all the cars in the game with the exception of this update which im still downloading...there is no point to having every car in the game unless you just want to collect and have every car in the game... majority of the cars especially the expensive ones you can't even use in a real race... the only way to use those cars is in arcade mode or custom race... so it kinda defeats the purpose of going out of the way to get every car especially if you plan on spending real money...I wanted to have all the cars in the game just cuz I never had all the cars in the game in previous GT games so I wanted to do it this time... but since theres no races for those cars I don't even use most of them lol

Yeah, I just think it's a dead "live service" and they've moved on to the next project. Could have been the best driving game ever made, and the bones were there, but they didn't want to create a great game, they wanted a recurrent-spending generator. Who "they" is/are, be it Sony, PD writ large, or Kaz is moot. Dead game is a dead game, it doesn't matter at this point.

This is the first time I've checked this site in a month, haven't logged into the game in a month, and the first post I see is the same sentiment that has been shared since about day 5 of launch. Sucks, but them's the brakes as they say. At least we all had fun mindlessly grinding to get as many cars as possible for the future content that never came, lol. Though I'm strangely bullish on GT8 being both a) a massive improvement b) coming a hell of a lot sooner than anyone ever anticipated, but I won't be buying in the first 6mo that's for damned sure!

Last edited:
Yeah, I just think it's a dead "live service" and they've moved on to the next project. Could have been the best driving game ever made, and the bones were there, but they didn't want to create a great game, they wanted a recurrent-spending generator. Who "they" is/are, be it Sony, PD writ large, or Kaz is moot. Dead game is a dead game, it doesn't matter at this point.

This is the first time I've checked this site in a month, haven't logged into the game in a month, and the first post I see is the same sentiment that has been shared since about day 5 of launch. Sucks, but them's the brakes as they say. At least we all had fun mindlessly grinding to get as many cars as possible for the future content that never came, lol. Though I'm strangely bullish on GT8 being both a) a massive improvement b) coming a hell of a lot sooner than anyone ever anticipated, but I won't be buying in the first 6mo that's for damned sure!
Everybody thought GT7 would be an improvement.

What makes people think GT8 will be any different?

That's when GTPlanet's creative flair will flourish once again. The wonderful days of GT5 and GT6 will return to this miserable, jaded forum and bring new life. Remember the tuner shootouts, the drag subforum, the cheesy fanfics? WE'LL BE BACK IN THE GOLDEN AGE!

The people defending PD in any way really need to look themselves in the mirror. Actually LIKING the fact the majority of vehicles in the game are almost entirely out of reach without a monumental grind? Get a grip.
GT1-4 had some minor grinding to do - if you really wanted to - but the game was largely there as a sandbox racing/buying/tuning/selling car playground for us to do with as we pleased. That is what MADE the series what it was.

Stop defending the "fake facebook advert" app store dumpster fire it has become.

No more like a game where you actually invest time firstly in the cars you do have (you're supposed to enjoy them, not have them just sit in a virtual garage), and then gradually build up credits for something fancy.

I know the 917 is in the game, I know how much it is, but there's no way I'm spending real money on acquiring it. I'll just get it when I have the credits, which will be later down the line. That's fine. I've got plenty to do in the game, plenty cars to drive, plenty cars to tune, plenty cars to race online.

I have a wild idea. How about building more events that incentivize the use of all those cars? Then by racing all those events, you get plenty of ways to grind more credits without being stuck doing the same 3 races for the same awful payouts, and get the cars you want to buy, and then race those in events suited for them!

Insane, I know! /sarc

I don't feel like booting up the game right now to check but if I'm not mistaken we haven't gotten a single bit of new content post-launch on Nordschleife. This is many peoples favorite track and we get nothing. It's been 7 months.
We have not. Bathurst still only has 1 event too.

the 2 races on the Nordschleife are incredibly restricted too, and in the rain, and only 1 lap.

Back