PD has lost the interest to improving GT7?

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 70 comments
That makes a few bold assumptions:
1. That they developed the game the players wanted
2. That they think this game isn't finished and in need of fixing, and not actually a released product that they're giving the serviceable minimum number of regular content updates
3. That Sony Corporation, the THIRD LARGEST JAPANESE COMPANY by market capitalization and a consistent top 20 performer by earnings, doesn't have the millions to allocate to Polyphony Digital towards game development.

Before assuming anything along the lines of "What circumstances forced Sony/PD's hands into this situation," I think better questions to ask are "Who didn't do their jobs correctly?" and "What executive strategies and decisions got in the way of game development this time?"

Even if we don't ever get concrete answers, and we may never get them, there's one thing Sony definitely isn't: deprived of the means to make it happen. I'm far more inclined to believe this is a profitability/monetization problem getting in the way more than a lack of budget.
The problem with the "Sony is so big" argument is that it cuts both ways. You could argue that Sony is so big that they could afford to spend more on GT7. You could equally argue that Sony is so big that they know what the majority of their customers want. They have been making this game since the 1990s.

The assumptions are not all that bold:

1. GT7 as released was geared more towards reviewers and casual players than experienced players. This could be incompetence or or it could be Sony/PD deliberately playing the numbers. There are far more new or casual players than there are experienced players.

2. Unfinished? Well, we have the constant tinkering with damage, PP and physics. We have courses with only one race. Licences that you don't actually need. Cars that don't have races. I'd call that unfinished.

3. Yes, Sony have funds but they are not GT7 fanboys. They have other projects, all of which need funds.

Is it profitability or a lack of budget? Both.

I didn't know my butt is my sides :lol:
If I'm wrong about $100 "micro" transactions being over the top, make a case. You might try to play it off as not caring about what I wrote, but your compulsion to reply with nonsense proves the opposite.

m76
If I'm wrong about $100 "micro" transactions being over the top, make a case. You might try to play it off as not caring about what I wrote, but your compulsion to reply with nonsense proves the opposite.
Sorry, but I will have a hard time talking to someone so aggressive they considered ripping their GT7 disc in half. ;)

Not gonna waste my time.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I will have a hard time talking to someone so aggressive they considered ripping their GT7 disc in half. ;)

Not gonna waste my time.
Can you answer me then please?

Can you make a case to why these mtx aren’t over the top? I would love to hear it

Last edited:

Not gonna waste my time.
Yet you're quite literally wasting your time avoiding to provide a rebuttal to his point.

Sure there's an element of subjectivity to what an individual deems acceptable, but there are clear and evident issues with the in game economy in GT7 being balanced as a F2P and the game being a full priced AAA title.

Last edited:
Can you make a case to why these mtx aren’t over the top? I would love to hear it
I never said MTX specifically is over the top. The other end of the slash had the word "grinding", which honestly isn't that bad compared to launch, when we had Fisherman's Ranch to rely on. If you waste your money on MTX, that's your loss. 1 million is the equivalent of 10€, yet you can get nearly the same amount in half an hour or less, depending which car you use.

What IS over the top however are the most expensive cars. I personally would prefer the most expensive one being 10 million.

What IS over the top however are the most expensive cars. I personally would prefer the most expensive one being 10 million.
Which is directly related to the MTs. Those most expensive cars just also happen to only arrive for 7-10 days at a time every 3+ months. If you want one, or several, you're going to need to spend many hours grinding in those 10 days, wherein you also can't spend credits on anything else to slow you down. If you're someone with not much play time, or money to burn, there is a shortcut to ensure you'll easily get them all. MTs.

As noted in another thread, people ARE taking this short cut and it is there to tempt people who get FOMO or similar urges. They're taking advantage of peoples urges and feelings that they may struggle to contain.

PD knew exactly what they were doing with this system no matter how blue in the face people here will go trying to claim it's all randomly put together, no connection, they're optional blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Which is directly related to the MTs. Those most expensive cars just also happen to only arrive for 7-10 days at a time every 3+ months. If you want one, or several, you're going to need to spend many hours grinding in those 10 days, wherein you also can't spend credits on anything else to slow you down. If you're someone with not much play time, or money to burn, there is a shortcut to ensure you'll easily get them all. MTs.

As noted in another thread, people ARE taking this short cut and it is there to tempt people who get FOMO or similar urges. They're taking advantage of peoples urges and feelings that they may struggle to contain.

PD knew exactly what they were doing with this system no matter how blue in the face people here will go trying to claim it's all randomly put together, no connection, they're optional blah blah blah.

The definition of live service games for comparison with GT7, if anyone still doubts:

Latest Posts

Back