PD If your reading this, sort this out!

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 49 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So the roulette in this as we all know adds arguably more negativity to the game then positivity in which case I would say it should be improved or removed. I don't know anyone who feels joy when they get a roulette ticket. But I see people feel worse when they get a roulette ticket because they know that's its gonna be something terrible. Then when you finally get something that isn't completely useless, not even something good but just something that isn't terrible you don't even feel happy you feel surprised that it wasn't something of complete trash.
Well did you know you can still get dealership invite for cars you already own? Yh that's a thing. If I had my way dealership invite wouldn't be in the game and I don't know anyone who would agree to them. This is where PD seriously don't know what they are doing. In a game with Micro-transactions some people do like those micro-transactions or people wouldn't buy them. PD on the other hand put things into the game that no one agree with and no one like and they thought people would be fine with it. People are more likely gonna spend money on something like like not something they are forced into. If people are anxious about a transaction they aren't gonna wanna continue to spend more money. The key to selling something is to make people feel comfortable and happy about making the transaction plus they wanna know there money is going to a good place. With GT7 people feel ashamed that they bought credits not happy. You think those people are gonna spend as much money on your game? No ofc they aren't. You also likely lost a ton of potential customers because of this crap your pulling in a £70 game.
If they wanna do right they should remove dealership invites or atleast meet us half way and don't give us invite for cars we already have. Make roulette less depressing. Give us a ticket for each collector level. I am collector level 50 and I haven't had any bonus for getting max collector level? No trophy or reward. Driver levels were so much more fun and they actually rewarded you.
I'm no professional but my guess would be if you wanna make more money off the series you should remove credit sales all together. No one likes them. Sale cosmetic items instead. Car wheels, body kits, defusers, spoilers, hoods, mirrors... I bet you that would make you more money then the current style of micro-transactions. It also makes the game fair for everyone. People would feel happy every time they spend money with you and likely continue to keep spending money for as long as you release more cosmetic upgrades. Also their would be a much wider range of car designs. At the moment most cars look the same other then colour due to a lack of customisation choices.

• What PD should do is make roulette tickets have a minimum reward of 50k. Stop making them have a 90% chance of hitting the bottom reward. All rewards should have equal possibilities or it isn't a roulette. A roulette wheel has the same possibility of landing on every single number. Thats basic science.
  • Dealership invites should be removed from the roulette ticket if the car has been purchased. If you own the car you shouldn't be able to keep getting invited to buying it again. It makes the roulette ticket more of a waste then what they already are.
  • Car parts should completely be removed from roulette tickets. Its not fair that someone can have a better car part from a game of chance. All car parts should be available to everyone from the store and not locked behind a roulette ticket.
  • When you gain a collector level you should receive a roulette ticket. When you reach collector level 50 you should get a 6 star roulette ticket like the menu books.
These are just some ideas. Let me know what you all think. The roulette definitely needs to change because at the moment its nothing but depressing with how bad it is. We went from sport that gave you more cars then you could possibly use to GT7 where those exact same cars (Not even different cars) now come at a huge price and the prices of some cars have multiplied by 10+ .

While you are right about some suggestions, here is my own take on it:

1. Prizes from roulette tickets should have a more unpredictable outcome instead of being rigged to provide the least impressive prizes of the bunch. That being said, in almost every roulette ticket I've had, the prizes I've had were either the smallest amount of credits, and one painful ticket I encountered was a six-star roulette from winning the last championship, only to give me a duplicate Porsche 917 Living Legend.

2. Polyphony should get rid of the brand invite system for hypercars in Brand Central beforehand, which will allow them to get rid of this pointless and rather infuriating mechanic in roulette tickets as well. Need I say more?

3. Provided you can sell cars in future versions of the game, you should choose whether to keep prize cars won from roulette tickets or sell them. However, cars won as rewards will mean a lower resale value. Assuming you can sell a car for 50% of its price when sold, prize cars should be sold for 25% of its resale value, especially if they were to come in roulette tickets. This could come in handy, especially if you were to win a duplicate car.

4. Certain rare performance upgrades and even engine swaps shouldn't be exclusive to roulette tickets only. These upgrades should end up being sold under the "Extreme" category of the Tuning Parts shop, but expect them to be very expensive, especially with engine swaps (wherever possible depending on the car). You should still be able to win them in roulette tickets as means to save up on money, if you're lucky.

5. The Daily Workout should be updated where you earn a roulette ticket every certain amount of miles, not just once a day. This, in turn, will somehow improve the in-game economy somewhat as there will be higher possibilities of earning several rewards from multiple roulette tickets that you can earn in a day, instead of just once a day. How many you can earn in a single day would be up to you. But the minimal requirements would have to be increased somewhat (instead of 42.6km, it should be around 63.9km), so as to be fair, but not too generous.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think PD is an evil company, they create a potentially extraordinary game, and then deliberately ruin it with such silly and and easily fixed absurdities to make us feel frustrated.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

"Sale cosmetic items instead. Car wheels, body kits, defusers, spoilers, hoods, mirrors.."

F no!!!!!!!

Get rid/improve roulette, 100% but to suggest they start selling 'cosmetics' when that is one part of the game that is currently 100% free and pretty damn great (Livery creation and sharing) is horrible.

Ah, yes.
Lot’s of words. Nice.
Yes, people on forums tend to like writing posts.
Don’t forget to play the game!
You should take your own advice if this is the most you can contribute to a conversation. Since we're jumping to conclusions, I'll just assume you haven't played the game, since you clearly have nothing to say about it.

As for the topic of the thread, roulettes should be removed entirely. They add nothing. Just pay us more for racing instead.

I don't really know what to do with collector levels, they're pretty useless.

While you are right about some suggestions, here is my own take on it:

1. Prizes from roulette tickets should have a more unpredictable outcome instead of being rigged to provide the least impressive prizes of the bunch. That being said, in almost every roulette ticket I've had, the prizes I've had were either the smallest amount of credits, and one painful ticket I encountered was a six-star roulette from winning the last championship, only to give me a duplicate Porsche 917 Living Legend.

2. Polyphony should get rid of the brand invite system for hypercars in Brand Central beforehand, which will allow them to get rid of this pointless and rather infuriating mechanic in roulette tickets as well. Need I say more?

3. Provided you can sell cars in future versions of the game, you should choose whether to keep prize cars won from roulette tickets or sell them. However, cars won as rewards will mean a lower resale value. Assuming you can sell a car for 50% of its price when sold, prize cars should be sold for 25% of its resale value, especially if they were to come in roulette tickets.

4. Certain rare performance upgrades and even engine swaps shouldn't be exclusive to roulette tickets only. These upgrades should end up being sold under the "Extreme" category of the Tuning Parts shop, but expect them to be very expensive, especially with engine swaps (wherever possible depending on the car). You should still be able to win them in roulette tickets as means to save up on money, if you're lucky.

5. The Daily Workout should be updated where you earn a roulette ticket every certain amount of miles, not just once a day. This, in turn, will somehow improve the in-game economy somewhat as there will be higher possibilities of earning several rewards from multiple roulette tickets that you can earn in a day, instead of just once a day. How many you can earn in a single day would be up to you. But the minimal requirements would have to be increased somewhat (instead of 42.6km, it should be around 63.9km), so as to be fair, but not too generous.
Hopefully we can sell cars in this update

The roulette is basically PD’s way of introducing a chance event in the game, it’s just a way to keep certain tuning parts and engine swaps rare, probably in order to make them feel more exclusive.

Last edited:
The roulette is basically PD’s way of introducing a chance event in the game, it’s just a way to keep certain tuning parts and engine swaps rare, probably in order to make them feel more exclusive.
Chance?!? Who are you kidding, EVERYONE who plays this game and the many YT videos of redeeming tickets shows THERE IS NO CHANCE INVOLVED

The roulette wheel is just a misleading picture of what's going on. In effect what you get is a ticket in a lottery. What you will get is determined at the moment you get the ticket, not at the moment you open it. The chance involved is debatable, as you are not free to choose which ticket to get, but i'll guess it's comparable to picking a ticket from a pool of available tickets.

Did you ever play a lottery at a fair? Do they show you all the goodies that you might win eventually? And what do you get most of the time? In comparison PD's tickets are better as you always get something.

Chance?!? Who are you kidding, EVERYONE who plays this game and the many YT videos of redeeming tickets shows THERE IS NO CHANCE INVOLVED
It is a chance event though, even if the odds of winning the big prizes are high.

Last edited:
That is not a chance that is charity you only get it if you really really lucky. Additional proof that roulette Is carp ....

Talk me through the video please, what is it about it that you believe demonstrates that the roulette is not a chance event? Is it the fact that it’s not an equal chance between all the prizes?

The ticket wheel has already been debugged by Scaff if I'm not mistaken. And there is a way to test how rigged the system is for yourself. Get a ticket, use it, but once you get your prize do not click ok, instead exit the application/game from the PS system menu. Go back ingame and then redeem the ticket again and then guess what? It'll be the same prize over and over and over on an infinite loop. There is no chance involved as the prize of a ticket is predetermined the second you acquire it and not when you use it.

Last edited:
Talk me through the video please, what is it about it that you believe demonstrates that the roulette is not a chance event? Is it the fact that it’s not an equal chance between all the prizes?
Is NOT an equal chance between all prizes, not when you see that the spins always, well 99% of them will stop on the lowest prize, this is the video demonstration of The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Is NOT an equal chance between all prizes, not when you see that the spins always, well 99% of them will stop on the lowest prize, this is the video demonstration of The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
That’s where you are mistaken. A chance event doesn’t imply an equal probability distribution between all the possible outcomes. You can create a simple game of chance that says that if you roll a die and get 5 or 6, then you win a prize. The probability to win is 1/3 and the probability to lose is 2/3.

And for the record, in the video you shared, 15% of the tickets gave “a good prize”, although that is somewhat arbitrarily defined.

That’s where you are mistaken. A chance event doesn’t imply an equal probability distribution between all the possible outcomes. You can create a simple game of chance that says that if you roll a die and get 5 or 6, then you win a prize. The probability to win is 1/3 and the probability to lose is 2/3.

And for the record, in the video you shared, 15% of the tickets gave “a good prize”, although that is somewhat arbitrarily defined.
It's implied that, if not stated otherwise, in a roulette there are equal probabilities, otherwise the roulette is rigged, as the roulette in GT7.

It's implied that, if not stated otherwise, in a roulette there are equal probabilities, otherwise the roulette is rigged, as the roulette in GT7.
A rigged roulette is also a chance event, unless it has been rigged to guarantee a specific outcome.

So 15% of the 20 tickets is 3 tickets, only one ticket was a good prize, this is not 15% it is half of 1% (do the math)
When the "prize" in the selections is the smallest in value, or no value (invitations for cars you do not want nor will buy, parts for cars you will not buy, duplicate cars you cannot sell) are NOT good prizes in anyone's mind.
In quote below also states this is not "chance" when the prize is predetermined.
The ticket wheel has already been debugged by Scaff if I'm not mistaken. And there is a way to test how rigged the system is for yourself. Get a ticket, use it, but once you get your prize do not click ok, instead exit the application/game from the PS system menu. Go back ingame and then redeem the ticket again and then guess what? It'll be the same prize over and over and over on an infinite loop. There is no chance involved as the prize of a ticket is predetermined the second you acquire it and not when you use it.

Last edited:
So 15% of the 20 tickets is 3 tickets, only one ticket was a good prize, this is not 15% it is half of 1% (do the math)
When the "prize" in the selections is the smallest in value, or no value (invitations for cars you do not want nor will buy, parts for cars you will not buy, duplicate cars you cannot sell) are NOT good prizes in anyone's mind.
In quote below also states this is not "chance" when the prize is predetermined.
There is a counter at the top of the video, it shows 3 good prizes and 17 bad prizes. 1/20 is 5% by the way, not that it matters in any way because your opinion about the prizes doesn’t change the fact that it’s a chance event.

The quote you are referring to just debunks the claim that it’s a roulette (not that roulettes work anything like this in real life anyway, but okay). All it means is that it’s not the chance event you thought it was.

Under the hood it probably works in one of these two ways:

1. Each ticket carries a given prize. The order of the tickets are determined when the game is installed. Think of it as shuffling a deck of cards. Each time you get a roulette ticket it’s taken from the top of the deck. The deck contains a lot of “bad” prizes and very few “good” prizes.

2. The deck is undetermined, except the top card. At the moment when you draw the top card, the value of the next card is determined. The value is determined by generating a random number between 0 and 1, if the number is higher than, say, 0.98 then you win the price with the highest value. If it’s instead higher than 0.95 then you win the second highest value etc. etc. and the threshold for winning anything better than the lowest value is somewhere around 0.85.

FF694603-C7FE-41C5-B641-E207756B7CB7.png

And even if you disagree with all of this for reasons god only knows, my point still stands: the purpose of the chance event (just pretend it says “roulette” instead if you’re still confused) is likely to make engine swaps and unique tuning parts rare.

There is a counter at the top of the video, it shows 3 good prizes and 17 bad prizes. 1/20 is 5% by the way, not that it matters in any way because your opinion about the prizes doesn’t change the fact that it’s a chance event.
Watch video from 14:00 until end, Tidgney revises his own count because he owns the two cars that he had just wonScreenshot_20220524-191548_Chrome.jpg

I will not discuss this further, we can agree to disagree in this subject. I have my beliefs in this and are different from yours, possible that I may be wrong, possible that you may be wrong. Let's just leave it at that... thank you for correcting my math...

Watch video from 14:00 until end, Tidgney revises his own count because he owns the two cars that he had just wonView attachment 1153759

I will not discuss this further, we can agree to disagree in this subject. I have my beliefs in this and are different from yours, possible that I may be wrong, possible that you may be wrong. Let's just leave it at that... thank you for correcting my math...
As I said, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a chance event. We can agree to disagree about what counts as a “good prize” (not that I have any opinion about that, it’s completely irrelevant), and we can agree to agree that the roulette is not designed well (I don’t disagree with you there).

What you are disagreeing with me about though is the description of the roulette as a chance event, but you haven’t presented any reason for that, instead you have claimed that the prizes are bad and that the odds are high (and not what they appear to be) and somehow you have determined that those circumstances means that it can’t be based on chance.

If it’s not based on chance, then at least present some kind of alternative. How does the game determine what prizes you should receive from the roulette and make it so that different players receive different prizes?

it’s not based on chance, then at least present some kind of alternative. How does the game determine what prizes you should receive from the roulette and make it so that different players receive different prizes?
By reading this below, its proof that it's not chance.

Back