PD lost me :'(

France
France
There have been so many annoyances with this game, simple things that could have been fixed if PD cared at all. I just couldn't take it anymore. My last post here was in August 2019. I just couldn't take it any longer and basically lost motivation for this game which was a huge part of my life. I couldn't deal with the copied and pasted "daily" races and the lack of "Real" grip settings in TT for example. I miss this place :'( Maybe I will try to play again but this game has lost its innocence for me. I'm sad that something I used to love so much is now nostalgia.

You're not the only one, many long time GT fans have found GT Sport not to their liking for various reasons. Like you, I don't play it at all anymore, & out of all the GT games I have played, Sport is by far the worst IMHO. I think GT games have always been a mixed bag, sometimes there's a feature that will really grab your attention & be fun like Shuffle mode was for me in GT5, however, there will sometimes be these little 'annoyances' that unfortunately become too much to bear for some (the lame understeer vibration arcade effect is my own personal game killer).

PD has always been a very strange developer making a lot of incredibly 'odd' game design decisions, the 'weird Japan effect' is strong with them! That's one of their strengths, as well as one of their weaknesses, & it really shows in the games they make. In what other series can you buy a Diatsu Midget, paint it gold chrome, put a massive wing on it, & tune it to ridiculous levels then rag it around The Nord! On the other hand, what other series is riddled with so many WTF were they thinking moments!

The GT series inspires such ambivalence...

:banghead: :bowdown: :boggled: :cool: :confused: :drool: :crazy: :D :ouch:

VBR
You're not the only one, many long time GT fans have found GT Sport not to their liking for various reasons. Like you, I don't play it at all anymore, & out of all the GT games I have played, Sport is by far the worst IMHO. I think GT games have always been a mixed bag, sometimes there's a feature that will really grab your attention & be fun like Shuffle mode was for me in GT5, however, there will sometimes be these little 'annoyances' that unfortunately become too much to bear for some (the lame understeer vibration arcade effect is my own personal game killer).

PD has always been a very strange developer making a lot of incredibly 'odd' game design decisions, the 'weird Japan effect' is strong with them! That's one of their strengths, as well as one of their weaknesses, & it really shows in the games they make. In what other series can you buy a Diatsu Midget, paint it gold chrome, put a massive wing on it, & tune it to ridiculous levels then rag it around The Nord! On the other hand, what other series is riddled with so many WTF were they thinking moments!

The GT series inspires such ambivalence...

:banghead: :bowdown: :boggled: :cool: :confused: :drool: :crazy: :D :ouch:
Shuffle mode maybe in the next Real GT game.

I wouldn't worry about it, a single game can't be all things to all people. I'd look for something that suits you better, maybe Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, F1 series or the rally games. There's plenty out there, you're sure to find one that fits better. I think a few are on sale at the moment? Plus this site has forums for all of them, so you wouldn't have to miss it here! 👍

Turned off from a game is fine. It's your own choice to make.

I give credit to OP in that atleast its not some throwaway or new account just to shout that.

With thay said, this isnt worth its own thread, really. OP could just post into general discussion or crying and whining thread. Because we didn't really care, to be very honest.

To echo:
what do you expect us to do about it exactly?

Only race A B then C for everyday racing then FIA for league style championship.

I stopped a long time ago. Involved in private league is so much fun.

In my country, private hosted league using raceroom simulator kicked a lot of interests since the marketing went nation wide.

Got own broadcast, whatsapp group, live stewarding.

The point is, try to find a league and stay with them.

I feel your pain. Only got back into GT Sport a month ago because of the coronavirus pandemic. Prior to that I didn't touch it for nearly two years as I got tired of putting in lots of practice and getting nowhere in qualifying and in the races, plus the very broken penalty system at the time which PD have made more (maybe a tad too) lenient. Sadly I'm nowhere near as sharp as I was two years ago but I'm enjoying myself a lot more in races. Most users tend to actually race properly than they did when it came out, even in the DR B lobbies.

Latest Posts

Back