Should ‘Real’ grip settings be made available in Arcade Time Trial? (Poll)

Should ‘Real’ grip settings be made available in Arcade TT?

• Total voters
I think it's fine to have Arcade Modes remain as they are.
Locked basic/easiest settings and access to loaner cars if you wish.
It's meant to be a quick pick-up and play scenario.
Also, having variations in the current Arcade TT would mean lap times are not relevant to each other if you alter settings such as grip levels.

Perhaps it would be better to advocate for a "Custom TT", in the same way as there are Custom races?

Well, we can already change tires, so I don't think this would be a problem.
Yep, sure. 👍
For that matter you can tune Garage cars, and run with or without BoP, which also means you can 'upgrade' the cars with Mileage Points.

Then there is also a 'shortcut' setting available, which for me is possibly the biggest factor, provided people remember or take notes of what settings they ran their car with.

I was really just trying to offer another possible solution.
One that means PD doesn't need to alter the way that they consider Arcade 'should' be done.

I'm certainly not suggesting the option shouldn't be available. 👍

This is my biggest beef with Polyphony Digital.

a) They make so many simple oversights, it’s unreal and demonstrates a lack of professionalism.

or b) They listen to customer feedback and arrogantly ignore us which demonstrates a lack of professionalism.

I really want to simulate a sport mode races in arcade mode but I just can’t.

I would love to watch a one to one interview with Kaz where he answers all our questions directly but it’s never gonna happen.

Well its 110% clear that just about everything in single player mode is badly thought out. They're ticking a box and hoping we'll all forget about it for the next best thing which will be whatever released on day one on the PS5.

I think at this point two years down the track if it hasnt been fixed it never will.

I really don’t believe that GT Sport is a bad game. I much prefer it to all the previous games in the series.

I just feel that what ever PD do, they always implement it badly and if they were any other video game manufacturer they wouldn’t get away with it like they do.

GT Sport is where Forza 5 was back in 2014 on the Xbox One.

They both have great bones. There's a solid engine underneath. There's just a lack of meat on them bones.

I think there's a of stuff on GT5/6 thats implemented well... the ps3 cell Gran Turismo engine is obviosuly worse than the GT Sport engine but so much of the structure of GT5/6 is just so much better.

GT Sport engine underneath GT5/6 or even GT4 gaming stucture would be the king.

It saddens me constrantly that we have not been able to utilise the 2008 Super GT or the Gr.C cars effectively in any fashion.

I think when GT Sport is finally over and they shut the servers these holes will still exist and then it comes down to why they would waste there time creating these wonderful models and yet we have no way to really run then in this game to their full potential.

I don’t know but I think the days of new titles are coming to an end.

I’m not gonna buy a PS5 just to buy a new copy of a game I already own (regardless of wether they call it GT Sport 2 or GT 7)

I think the way forward it just to release the the games free and charge less for individual DLC items.

In today’s world, there’s absolutely no reason why PS4 users won’t be able to play online lobbies with PS5 users

Well its 110% clear that just about everything in single player mode is badly thought out. They're ticking a box and hoping we'll all forget about it for the next best thing which will be whatever released on day one on the PS5.

I think at this point two years down the track if it hasnt been fixed it never will.
I was thinking that they're probably saving the blatantly obvious fixes they could make for the next GT to make it look that much better. Combine that with performance improvements that the more powerful console will bring and you get a pretty easy way to wow people with the generational jump.
I don’t see a reason why the “low” option is even an option in “The Real Driving Simulator”
This. It's strange to have so many fake settings (boost, countersteering assist, different levels of slipstream, etc.) in a game with that tagline. But that un-realism has already been established in the series so embracing total realism would probably drive people away. It's a double edged sword.

Last edited:
It has annoyed me in the past that the settings are not the same between arcade mode and sport mode, but as @Groundfish says above it’s called arcade mode. There is room in a game like GTS for basic settings.

What the time trial could do with is a simple “sport mode” on/off option for each track. This would show up on the leaderboard list as it does with BoP.

Back