PD... make eVs' use their battery!!!

• Thread starter rex1825
  • 33 comments
...OK, now I wonder if what I am saying all the time is going to happen since there is a change in N class...

All of you that are opposing me so hard, go to Campaign Mode > Amateur League > Real Circuit Tours
Here is N400 group to race with, so it says in rules N400... how come Tesla and BMW are from Gr.X here?!?!

...and just to be clear, yes it says cars must be under 394HP and be Non-racecars, but there is strict rule of N400!!!

...OK, now I wonder if what I am saying all the time is going to happen since there is a change in N class...

All of you that are opposing me so hard, go to Campaign Mode > Amateur League > Real Circuit Tours
Here is N400 group to race with, so it says in rules N400... how come Tesla and BMW are from Gr.X here?!?!

...and just to be clear, yes it says cars must be under 394HP and be Non-racecars, but there is strict rule of N400!!!

Man, I'm not opposing you. Just don't want PD to mess more with simply changing display name. This situation doesn't prove your point, as it stands as exception. This race doesn't have Bop, tire and fuel usage, it set against AI which in general can't drive competitive and then there is no competitive racing at all. You can still set your own lobby with free entry and race all cars from n100 to group X.

To add, there a lot races in Campaign mode witch doesn't allow cars that clearly meet conditions to start with.

but there is strict rule of N400!!!
N400 shows what kind of money you’ll use if you use a N400 car. N400 is kind of the recommended class you should use, but really you can use any that doesn’t break the other restrictions. We should be able to use the Taycan in the “Premium Sports Lounge” but the bug is happening again, where we can’t use a car in a GT League Event.

I am no gearbox expert, but electric cars use planetary gears as opposed to conventional gear setup on ICE cars. You can't just adjust the gears on them like you can in regular racing gearbox nor can you swap such gearbox on the eV cars that are in the game, since the whole drivetrain concept is different

...seems you are no expert in gearboxes.

For some reason I needed to return to this thread just to see what people really know about cars. It is not directly pointed at you @OJT6627 but man... I was triggered TBH.

Planetary gears are used in most of modern cars, they use less space, and they are sufficient for torque/power requirements that cars have. By your logic, Maserati GranTurismo S '08, Lexus RC F '14, Lexus LC-500 '17 and many other cars would end up in Group X.

Do you know how big would be gearbox of Lexus LC-500 '17 or new NSX if it used conventional gears?

Regarding gear adjustment, Gran Turismo was never even close to real life, can you imagine how much would it cost to switch from 3.328:1 to 3.327:1, and how much work would there be to fit all this in gearbox? It is simply impossible to do it... Do you know why? You don't... obviously! Gearbox ratios are simply said product of two gears that are grinding one on another, and those ratios are fixed ratios, if you wanna change you can do it by getting rid of one teeth from one gear. Now simply said for you to understand, imagine two gears that are giving some ratio for a gear, and those gears are 10 teeth and 5 teeth, so this is simply said, 10:5 is 2:1, how will you get next closest? Next closest product of two numbers is either 2.2:1 (11:5), or 1.8:1 (9:5), or 1.666:1 (10:6) or 2.5:1 (10:4). So that imaginary gearbox that gives you all possible gear relations in GT is so fake, it is simply impossible.

Gear ratios in cars are higher, like 64:52 etc, but still, you cannot move it by 0.001! And even then, they are limited by torque/power, weight of gears and especially space they use up.

Real cars have options for gear reduction, by switching final gear ratio, usually found in diffs or before driveshaft in sort of driveshaft box. There were options for older cars, like for Corvette C2, C3 for shorter or longer gears, but it was simply diff switch with different number of teeths.
There is also an option of separate gear relations, but they are so small in adjustment because you need to take in count if desired gear can at all fit in the gearbox together with oppositing gear.

There is so much about gearboxes... and eVs have gearboxes, be it 1 or 2 gear gearbox, 1 gear gearbox is simply working like reduction. And by the logic of GT game, that same gear should have options together with final drive.

...cannot start on electric vs diesel vs petrol engines, it would be too much... and I am tired... and GTS is dead so who cares, one can just hope GT7 won't have same mistakes with this stupid grouping system.

Back